• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6M$Man.jpg
IMG_0051 (resized).JPG
IMG_0088 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WeatherbyMAG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Bought a 6 Million $ man as project couple months ago. Tore down, cleared the play field, new pop up bumpers/targets, plastics etc etc. basic stuff.

Installed new rectifier board & all new pin connectors for the rectifier as the old one was bad/burnt. Pulled working Altek MPU out of my SuperSonic, as well as new altek Solenoid driver board & installed in Six Million $ Man.

Problem I am having is multiple, first, the MPU goes through normal 8 flash self test & then dimly lights the self test bulb as normal (& yes I cleared the memory out of board after pulling it out of SuperSonic & reset the dipswitches to Six Million $ man, I've swapped this board into my Night Rider before for testing in it with no issues) But it does not go into attract mode... all seven displays just stay solid zero's. It does chime one sound on about the fifth or 6th flash of the self test LED, but other than that will not do anything....no attract on the displays, no attract on the under play field bulbs & The self test switch will not allow it to go into self test mode, just stays on zero's. GI is all working normally...

I have checked for proper voltages at every test point on the boards, rectifier etc. Checked all fuses including underplay field fuse etc. It has proper voltages at the start game switch, & at the self test switch. Everything that I have tested against my known working Night Rider & Supersonic voltages Checks out 100%, so I'm out of ideas...

I have not replaced the pin connectors on the MPU, I guess that is the next step, I need to order some, of course they all "look" in VG condition but I realize that doesn't mean it might not be a bad connection somewhere.

Anyone have an idea which pin might be causing me issues?

Or any other thoughts of where to look/what to look at?

#2 6 years ago

Also, should mention I just put boards back in SuperSonic, & works fine once again.

IMG_0088 (resized).jpgIMG_0088 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

Yes, I have cleared the memory on the alltek every time I have put it into a different machine, re-set the dipswitches & it always works correctly no matter whether I have it in my SuperSonic, my Night Rider or my Nitro Ground Shaker when doing diagnostic work on them. I believe this is a problem relating to wiring on this particular machine.... I've put this board in it several times now with no change.

I'm going to order a dedicated board for this machine tonight, since I now know it needs one (the original MPU won't even light the displays) & set of pin connectors & rewire both the MPU & the Solenoid driver board.

IMG_0051 (resized).JPGIMG_0051 (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago

FIXED! Found an old thread from 2012 on an old google forum, where a user had exact same symptoms on a 6M$M. Dipswitch 30&31 on the Alltek must be OFF to run a 6 player 6M$M. I had them on for 4 player games. Just re-installed board, cleared memory, turned 30& 31 off & played game for first time on this machine. Alltek might want to add that to their footnotes/troubleshooting for various games that 6M$M will not boot with 30&31 on.

Hopefully this post will help someone else in future.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WeatherbyMAG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/6-million-man-no-attract-modeself-test-help?tu=WeatherbyMAG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.