Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-522.jpg
    There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 9 years ago

By the end of 2015, we will have, what- 6 manufacturers?...
    Can anybody list any I have missed?
    *Must be making a production run of 10 or more pins to be considered- Please exclude prototype or custom theme designers here, not that they do not contribute as well immensely.

-Stern Pinball
    -Jersey Jack Pinball
    -Spookey Pinball
    -Dutch Pinball BV (Big Lebowski)
    -Heighway Pinball
    -Makers of Predator, whom I actually do not know, or know how many were made.

Our beloved hobby is truly on the rise, Worldwide.
    Now, all we need for Xmas is a company that will deliver a pin, nationally, for $300
    and we can all swap up double as much as we do now, and enjoy.
    Good days ahead.

#2 9 years ago

Homepin. Thunderbirds should be available in 2015

#3 9 years ago

Predator, Skit-B.

Frankly, I don't consider them a manufacturer until they actually manufacture and ship something. Until that point, they're a concept house.

So we have three manufacturers (Stern, JJ, Spooky), and EIGHT...NO TEN..concept houses (Dutch, Heighway, Skit-B, Multimorphic, Zidware, Homepin, Circus Maximus, Quetzal, Silver Castle, Riot), and two probably-vaporware (whatever their name is doing Cthulu, and that other Gremlins one?).

Post edited by Frax

#4 9 years ago

I think it is great that there are more companies involved making pinball machines, but the basic issue is still the same-availability.

If someone wants to purchase a new pinball machine today, say in time to set up for Christmas, how many different manufacturers are there to choose from?

It is not 6.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Homepin. Thunderbirds should be available in 2015

Lol. I pretend they don't exist.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Lol. I pretend they don't exist.

It's okay, you're american. To them, you don't exist.

#7 9 years ago

Haha, true!

#8 9 years ago

Circus Maximus (Pinball Circus)

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

So we have three manufacturers (Stern, JJ, Spooky), and six concept houses (Dutch, Heighway, Skit-B, Multimorphic, Zidware, Homepin), and two probably-vaporware (whatever their name is doing Cthulu, and that other Gremlins one?).

You forgot about Quetzal Pinball. I'm pretty sure Captain Nemo has started shipping ...

http://www.quetzalpinball.com/

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

You forgot about Quetzal Pinball. I'm pretty sure Captain Nemo has started shipping ...
    http://www.quetzalpinball.com/

Unfortunately, Nemo is not shipping yet. But it's getting closer every day!!

I am so excited about getting Captain Nemo!

Marcus

#11 9 years ago

I think their should be two categories for <100 pinballs and >100. Their are quite a few small shops out their. 10 machines can be someones garage.

#12 9 years ago

There will probably be at least 1 spectacular failure in 2015.

#13 9 years ago

I did forget Quetzal... I had to edit it three times because I had to keep adding more...so I will edit yet again.

#14 9 years ago

Yeah, until they ship something they're not a manufacturer.

So Stern, JJP and Spooky. Maybe DP because they shipped BoP 2.0.

#15 9 years ago

Really a great time for pinball. All of these entities should 'push' each other as well to advance the technology.

Now all we need is for them to be cheaper!

#16 9 years ago

What about Timeshock!?

#17 9 years ago

Riot Pinball - Wrath of Olympus

#18 9 years ago

OH CRAP EDITS INCOMING

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I wish it had, because I am waiting for #01...

Regarding manufacturers, I would currently list those who actually produced pins: Stern, JJP, Spooky...

I hope the list will grow (because I have preordered 3 pins from Quetzal, Skit-B and Riot Pinball !)

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Gremlins one

Vonnie D is as good as failed in my eyes (unless Vonnie is working all by himself without Wes's help, then I give him credit). There's been one update since the kickstarter closed 6 months ago:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2065029795/pinball-gremlins-pinball-machine

#21 9 years ago

Big boys:

Stern
    JJP

Junior Varsity with big potential:

DP
    Jpop
    Heighway
    Multimorphic
    Spooky

One and Done:

SkitB
    Quetzel?
    VonnieD (qualifies as none and done)
    Homepin

Hoping that Riot/Wooly gets his 100 pre order number to produce that one

#22 9 years ago

The additional variety is great but there are a finite number of pinball dollars. Are they going to be able to find enough new customers to keep NIB pins heading out the door in sufficient numbers to allow most of them to stick around? I doubt it. I like what Stern is doing in terms of taking on contract manufacturing for other firms, but I think a shakeout is coming.

#23 9 years ago

What about Zidware?

#24 9 years ago

This thread needs a pie chart showing # of games built. Heck, let's be generous and just do 2014.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Big boys:
    Stern
    JJP
    Junior Varsity with big potentialready Jpop
    Heighway
    Multimorphic
    Spooky
    One and Done:
    SkitB
    Quetzel?
    VonnieD (qualifies as none and done)
    Homepin
    Hoping that Riot/Wooly gets his 100 pre order number to produce that one

Why would you list Homepin under 'one and done'?
    He is equiping a factory. Has alrrady produced a cocktail video cabinet
    He said Thunderbirds will be the first of many games

#26 9 years ago

...or Skit-B

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Timeshock is not a physical game.

Not yet, but the physical game is being made. The code is done, the artwork is done....their probably farther ahead then some of these guys.

#29 9 years ago

I did not see any talk of it being made into a real game. I'm intrigued.

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

He is equiping a factory. Has alrrady produced a cocktail video cabinet
    He said Thunderbirds will be the first of many games

Maybe the lack of info and marketing for this pin that was announced over 2 yrs ago?

Or maybe I've just missed it?

As for SkitB Ted, we can just disagree on that one. Just my opinion, but if he ever does finish Predator I don't see anybody putting up with his business practices going forward with all the other options available. Could very well be wrong big time, I hope so

#31 9 years ago

Might have something to do with being an arrogant dumbass running a biz. If he can stay afloat without the american market, more power to him, but he went out of his way to piss off a lot of people when Thunderbirds was announced. I'd never buy a game from that guy.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Might have something to do with being an arrogant dumbass running a biz. If he can stay afloat without the american market, more power to him, but he went out of his way to piss off a lot of people when Thunderbirds was announced. I'd never buy a game from that guy.

Oh yeah, that guy, Def one and done IF he gets the first one

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

don't see anybody putting up with his business practices going forward

Even barring that, who wants to own a game where the name itself is a grammatical fail.

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I did not see any talk of it being made into a real game. I'm intrigued.

CaptainNeo,

Here is a little bit of information about Time Shock.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/timeshock/index.html

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe the lack of info and marketing for this pin that was announced over 2 yrs ago?
    Or maybe I've just missed it?
    As for SkitB Ted, we can just disagree on that one. Just my opinion, but if he ever does finish Predator I don't see anybody putting up with his business practices going forward with all the other options available. Could very well be wrong big time, I hope so

Thunderbirds was announced just over ONE year ago

Nobody is forcing you to buy his game, but there is no need to be a hater

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from Brehhah:

CaptainNeo,
    Here is a little bit of information about Time Shock.
    http://www.pinballnews.com/games/timeshock/index.html

that's awesome. Somehow I missed all of this. Wish they had word on a price point. Hopefully it's in the scope of what I find reasonable.

#37 9 years ago

Thunderbirds was announced just over ONE year ago
    Nobody is forcing you to buy his game, but there is no need to be a hater

I can pull up threads from 2 yrs ago? I do remember his attitude being pure crap, so as they say in Shark Tank, "I'm out". Not "hating", he's done it to himself.

Why are you seemingly his big defender? What are the reasons to change my mind? I see you are from Australia as well.

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from nate1981s:

I think their should be two categories for <100 pinballs and >100. Their are quite a few small shops out their. 10 machines can be someones garage.

Here, I built this categorized list of commercial pinball manufacturers many years ago and have kept it updated as often as possible:

Category #1 - Pinball Manufacturers ( > 0 pins shipped):
    Stern
    JJP
    Spooky

Category #2 - Not Pinball Manufacturers ( <= 0 pins shipped):
    Everyone on the planet not in Category #1

See? We already have a nice set of categories, and the relevant one isn't crowded yet.

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's awesome. Somehow I missed all of this. Wish they had word on a price point. Hopefully it's in the scope of what I find reasonable.

I'm patiently waiting for this one myself. Has had little to no hype sadly. I'm impressed with their progress and for anyone who has played the PC version, there is undoubtedly excitement in seeing this come to life.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I can pull up threads from 2 yrs ago? I do remember his attitude being pure crap, so as they say in Shark Tank, "I'm out". Not "hating", he's done it to himself.
    Why are you seemingly his big defender? What are the reasons to change my mind? I see you are from Australia as well.

Not trying to change your mind, you are happy

Just find it amusing to see Americans get all worked up over Mike and his game, and that he does not want to sell Thunderbirds to you

:p

#41 9 years ago

Not trying to change your mind, you are happy
    Just find it amusing to see Americans get all worked up over Mike and his game, and that he does not want to sell Thunderbirds to you

Wtf, you just said, Mike doesn't want to sell Thunderbirds to Americans! What sort of idiot is he?

What a F ing joke, and he can go F himself! That's a great business model Mate.

#42 9 years ago

Don't forget the unique "pinball 3000" ....it's gonna rock ......we might see it sooner than predator...

image-522.jpgimage-522.jpg
    #43 9 years ago

I thought the thunderbird pinball was a joke , the pinball 3000 seems more legit ....

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Wtf, you just said, Mike doesn't want to sell Thunderbirds to Americans! What sort of idiot is he?
    What a F ing joke, and he can go F himself! That's a great business model Mate.

See, you are getting all worked up over a game you don't even want

Ahhh Pinside, so easy

#46 9 years ago

See, you are getting all worked up over a game you don't even want
    Ahhh Pinside, so easy

I'm not "worked up" mate, I find it funny and stupid at the same time, and I didn't give a shit before and I don't give a shit now either!

#47 9 years ago

If the criteria for being a manufacturer is just posting on Pinside, then sure, the list is growing.

Personally I prefer actual delivered machines. So, three total.

#48 9 years ago

What about Churchill Cabinets? MMr now, supposedly continued production of more games. Wouldn't surprise me if they eventually release a new game. Since they did Vacation America, they have limited experience.

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from Monarca1091:

Don't forget the unique "pinball 3000"

the space elevator still freaks me out, plus we haven't seen a single whitewood since it was announced. I'm really starting to have doubts about that company.

There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/6-manufacturers-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.