• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by phil-lee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hello everyone,

I am not exactly new to owning pinball machines however over time the machines I do own have run into issues that have caused them to stop running properly for one reason or another. I have been watching YouTube videos and trying to familiarize myself with how to go about repairing the machines myself however I guess I'm just creating this forum post to give myself that extra push to actually start working on them as I've been a little hesitant to get my hands dirty as of yet.

The machines I need to work on are mostly Gottlieb System 3, a couple of Williams and a Stern machine. The list of machines are the following:

Street Fighter II, Freddy: A Nightmare On Elm Street, Gladiators, Party Zone, Hyperball, and Sharkey's Shootout.

The issues range from not too bad like Hyperball's sound not always working which I believe might be a board connector to more peculiar issues like the tournament switch not working on Gladiators which prevents it from entering free play.

I had already started to take apart Freddy since it only had one noticeable issue which was that the boiler room wouldn't move up and down when starting a game during the skill shot but that seems to have fixed itself after I removed some additional features off the machine. I am therefore wondering if anyone can give me any indications of why this might happen and if it's maybe as a result of me taking off some of the mechanisms on the playfield or if there's anything I can do to ensure it won't reoccur.

Thanks for any replies in this topic and I plan to continue to document my repair journey as I go through and hopefully fix all the issues that have occurred with my machines over time.

Scott,

#2 3 years ago

I noticed on the gladiators here that the switch on the tournament board was acting flakey. You could try contact cleaner or a new board/switch

#3 3 years ago

Start with the Bally.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/6-machines-i-need-to-do-repairs-on-but-don-t-know-where-to-start and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.