Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

transmax (resized).PNG
    20220822_102702 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 5.57.50 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Conventional and Synthetic Blend even a bit cheaper. This is Dexos 2 and supposed to be good oil. Free shipping if you pick up at your local Grainger. Link is to 0W-20 full synthetic. Works out to ~$2 per quart after tax for me.

https://www.grainger.com/product/DURAMAX-Engine-Oil-6-gal-Size-56HT78

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

Damn that is tempting. My problem is 5 diff cars with 4 different viscosity recommendations. Not sure I'm mentally prepared to store 24 gallons of motor oil.

Yeah, if you've got the space it's just stupid cheap. I'm lucky that both my cars are 0W-20, but I've also ran 5W-20 and 5W-30 in them. I'll go through 6 gallons in less than 2 years. Hopefully I'll be moving to an EV at that point.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Great deal but....WTF?
    California policymakers would rather people buy and landfill 24 little plastic quart bottles?
    [quoted image]

Maybe Bob_E is right and your local gov is making it harder to own an ICE vehicle. I hear you can make bank uprooting your lawn though.

#10 1 year ago

I wonder if they are dumping it because of origin (Russia?). It’s a crazy cheap price when honestly my local Wal-mart is OOS on a lot of oil brands.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

Not gonna lie, I will be shocked when/if I get the confirmation for pickup. Even in 6 gallon bulk it doesn't make much sense they can sell this at less than 25% what Walmart charges.

My understanding is this pricing has been valid for a week or so and plenty of folks have already confirmed receiving the oil they purchased.

#21 1 year ago

Just got my pickup confirmation and only ordered yesterday. That was quick!

#22 1 year ago

Well shi*! Free shipping (through GoVets.com) if you are a vet. Here's a link to the 0W-20.

https://www.govets.com/duramax-226-cxo-56ht78.html

1 week later
    #30 1 year ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

Has anyone actually gone to Grainger and picked up their oil? My 'expected pick up date' has come and gone and the only thing I have received from Grainger after the initial confirmation was about a half dozen marketing emails.

I just picked mine up. I got an order confirmation email immediately and another when it was ready for pickup the next day. The clerk actually brought out 2 boxes. He wasn't sure why he had the other. He tried to sell it to me, but that's too many years worth of oil for me. Maybe check your spam filter?

Both boxes were labeled Dexos 1. I suspect that's why this was so cheap. The website shows the product is now Dexos 2.

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

I logged into my account at Grainger and it still shows 'Not Ready For Pickup' luckily I am not in a hurry.
    Dexos 2 is for diesel engines, so hopefully you got Dexos 1

Yeah it's definitely Dexos 1. That's good to know. Well I have no idea why it is so cheap, but I'm not complaining!

2 weeks later
    #45 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I think you're right. Some foreign oil was sitting on a container ship for many months and it all came in at the wrong time, so Grainger had to get rid of it as fast as possible before inventory costs ate them alive.

Obviously, they oversold that inventory. They may have been cleaned out so fast that they didn't have the logistics to update their website and halt orders in a timely manner. Or, they were just lazy.

Edit: Wait, they still have this listed as in stock? That really smells. Who do they think they are, a Chinese real estate builder?

These are a direct ship from Reladyne in Chicago, at least my box was. Date code was 8/22. I think it was a mistake that didn't get caught for awhile. This was going on for at least a week with many folks reporting success. Grainger is a legit company. They used to be business customers only, but my pickup location was a new retail location next to a Wal-mart.

2 months later
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

Whelp - I got two cancellation emails from Grainger last night saying they were unable to provide the item I ordered on Sept 1rst.
    Agree with Soundkillr gonna unsubscribe to their emails, mark them as spam and forget this company even exists

If any of you folks need CVT fluid, I just stumbled upon this ridiculous deal at Autozone. Castrol Transmax CVT is usually ~$12/quart. They've got it online for $6 and for every 2 you buy, you get an extra $5 off (limit 8). I'm heading to pick up my 8 quarts for $28+ tax right now. That is stupid cheap for this stuff.

transmax (resized).PNGtransmax (resized).PNG

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

I ordered several containers of oil back then. The shipping date got rescheduled two or three times, and then they finally just cancelled it here a few weeks ago. Complete waste of time unfortunately. Very disappointing.

I have a lot of success with price mistakes. But my attitude is if I get it, I get it and if I don’t, then I don’t. They or the supplier lost a lot of money on this one because I got in real late. They fulfilled a lot of orders.

Got my Transmax CVT. I may pick up some more. Pre-Covid you could get it for$6/qt if you bought 6 from Amazon. It’s been $12/qt for awhile now. $3.50/at is nuts…

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/6-gallons-of-synthetic-motor-oil-45?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.