You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_1701 (resized).JPG
DSC_1698 (resized).JPG
DSC_1700 (resized).JPG
eprom_27C040_pinout (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

My White Water started resetting. Pin 1 on the CPU ROM was only showing 4.55V. How it was working at all I have no idea. I reseated the 5v/12v logic power connectors going between the power driver board and CPU board and cleaned up any tarnish or dirt on the header pins. I'm now seeing 5.00v at the 5v test point of the power driver board and 4.98v at the 5v header pin of the CPU board and the positive side of C31. That's great, but the CPU ROM is still showing only 4.75v. The game is stable now, but why am I still getting 230mv of drop locally on the CPU board itself? Replace C31? It's original.

#6 3 years ago

This is the pin in the upper right of U6. I read this was the best way to get a "true" 5v reading. I may have the wrong pin though, is there another pin on U6 for VCC (logic power)?

2 months later
#8 3 years ago

I revisited this today. I was indeed checking pin 1 when I should have been checking pin 32. The voltage coming in to the CPU board is 4.93v, and so is VCC power for the CPU ROM on pin 32. However, I think my issue is elsewhere. First of all, I noticed the left flipper pulses the high power winding 3 or 4 times every time I hold it up. I'll need to test the EOS switches. If it's not that, which I'm sure it is, I also noticed there are some bypassed resistors on my CPU board. At first I thought there was some corrosion and broken traces, but there is no battery corrosion at all. I also checked the IC the wires connect to, and it's the same part as another CPU board I have.

Now I'd like to know why someone did this and if it may be causing occasional resets.
DSC_1700 (resized).JPGDSC_1700 (resized).JPG

#10 3 years ago

Is that the one of the chips for the switch matrix that goes up in smoke if there's a high voltage to switch short on the playfield?

#12 3 years ago

I swapped the CPU board as a factor and after confirming it's 100% I installed a remote battery holder. I think have the correct solder connections but the board is not holding memory. The voltage from the battery pack with 3 new batteries is 4.52v. Maybe the there's open diode?
DSC_1698 (resized).JPGDSC_1698 (resized).JPG

#14 3 years ago

I figured out I was soldering to the wrong tabs. Memory is good now and the original question is resolved. Thanks.

DSC_1701 (resized).JPGDSC_1701 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

17,250 (OBO)
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/5v-low-at-game-rom?tu=Crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.