$5k machine for a bar/lounge. Help!

By djoverpour

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I own a bar/nightclub in Wichita KS and I'm interested in buying a newer "high quality" machine that would be unique to our city. I need a theme that will appeal to the demographic of our everyday bar goers, as well as drive the local pinheads to our place for tourneys and regular play. I currently have a WPT poker and a Stern NBA pin in house from our local vendor. They're a ton of work to keep running properly, especially in a higher volume place like ours. FULL DISCLOSURE:: I LOVE the WPT rules and game play. It's a ton of fun. We've just had a ton of probs with ours. ANYWAYS..... Moral of the store is that if I can get one more machine for say 5k....what would be my best move? Im leaning towards Ghostbusters, as no one else in town has it. I have a younger crowd base (21-30) for most of the band games that i've seen lately. Any input is highly appreciated, I love this place, thank ya!

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

I'm interested in buying a newer "high quality" machine

I'm not sure those two go together unfortunately............Joey

#3 6 years ago

Without knowing what is available in your area I would say ghostbusters would be a good choice. Also game of thrones, Metallica, and star trek are still available and are good games.

#4 6 years ago

Proven HUO Metallica with a build date before early 16. I think that is your best bet.

#5 6 years ago

I would say TWD or GOT, though both of these shows are getting very close to the end, so the appeal of the themes might be at an end.

#6 6 years ago

Man, you own a nightclub, get a music theme. Even your 21-30's know who Aerosmith is and they probably didn't see either Ghostbusters.

Besides, AS is a lot more friendly to the casual player than GB is.

Any of the music themes can be had for right at 5K new.

#7 6 years ago

GB is a drain monster. People will figure it out and quit dropping coins in it.

#8 6 years ago

Get a Can Crusher...excellent theme, music by Red Fang, and pretty bulletproof as far as reliability. You heard it here first.

#9 6 years ago

ironman, less toys means less things to go wrong

#10 6 years ago

Since you're in Kansas, WOZ would be fitting!

#11 6 years ago

I'd wait a couple months and get a Star Wars Pro when they are available. The theme fits all demographics, it will have a full color LCD and the game will likely be good since Steve Ritchie is a pretty safe bet for not screwing a game up. i'm sure it will be fast and fun!

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Get a Can Crusher...excellent theme, music by Red Fang, and pretty bulletproof as far as reliability. You heard it here first.

Everything you say here is true about Can Crusher, unfortunately IME it does not earn very well, especially as compared to other Stern games in the same price range.

#13 6 years ago

In order of "should buy". Higher games on my list earn more from my experience:

-Star Trek
-AC/DC
-Metallica
-Ghostbuster
-GOT

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14 6 years ago

TWD, MET, and maybe Aerosmith. WOZ seems to be a favorite it you want to spend the cash.

#15 6 years ago

I wouldn't discount TWD totally but people seemed to stop pumping $ into it after 2 months from my experience.

#16 6 years ago

I like the Wizard of Oz suggestion made by poppapin above, but you'll have to effectively double your budget. The Pabst Can-Crusher is solid if you are really capped at 5k.

#17 6 years ago

I'm a hobby operator. Started operating pins about 18 months ago.

My #1 recommendation Aerosmith Pro. Brand new and shipped to you for $5200. It's the newest Stern, has the new LCD display and improved sound and is a great pin. Metallica Pro would be my next recommendation for $5100. Doesn't have the latest technology, but it's one of the all-time greats and you can still get it new.

Other good choices include Iron Man, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Star Trek and maybe Ghostbusters. GB is my least favorite of the bunch as I don't really love the layout and how it plays, but it looks great, has a great theme and it earns.

IM and Star Trek you'd have to find used.

#18 6 years ago

Bump,Norcalrealtor! You can still get a ST/Pro! ST would be my choice also!

#19 6 years ago

Star Trek then
Aerosmith

#20 6 years ago

I'd say AC/DC even though I'd want to play a ST in an establishment, but I'm trying to think more toward your demographic versus my nerdiness. I watch John's Arcade on youtube, and he says that his Ghostbusters machine is making a killing and seems to be the machine everyone gravitates toward. It's definitely a drain monster though lol Maybe go for an ATFM since that seems to attract people of all ages.

#21 6 years ago

My metallica and ghostbusters earn like crazy and are cheaper than the jjp games like woz. Woz does well too but is much more expensive. I would start with a met or GB

#22 6 years ago

Baywatch

New movie coming out starring Rock Johnson and Beiber.

#23 6 years ago

I would say Ghostbusters or Aerosmith. There has been a metallica available in town. Don't have much time on either game but have read Ghostbusters can be brutal so might be a quarter eater for the more casual player

I'd personally like to see you get an alien but that is a bit over the budget.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Baywatch
New movie coming out starring Rock Johnson and Beiber.

Great! Is Pam Anderson in it too? She can play Bieber's mom!!

#25 6 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions! Im going to look into the Aerosmith Pro. I haven't thought about that one. Ill report back with some more info. Thanks again!

#26 6 years ago

I would go with Game of Thrones. There is a lot of depth but also accessible to beginners. It doesn't drain too fast for beginners. TWD and GB are rough on beginners in regard to play time. I heard the Slimer toy on GB can be temperamental. At my local brewcade, I would guess that GOT is the top earner out of the 10 machines there based on watching what people play. I don't get tired of GOT. It's always challenging.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Bump,Norcalrealtor! You can still get a ST/Pro! ST would be my choice also!

Last I heard there are a few left but the dealers jacked up the prices since it's out of production now. Do you know anyone selling them with no markup? I already got mine, but I know some others would like to know.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/5k-machine-for-a-barlounge-help?hl=nintenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.