Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gmkalos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D83B1743-CEA1-4891-BA96-FC664B271714 (resized).jpeg
    3726DCA9-89D4-4D82-881D-EB453E6E008A (resized).jpeg
    86EBE028-418C-49FA-8AF2-729D43A3BED1 (resized).jpeg
    143058_0 copy.jpg
    index (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

DIBS, this has to either be a scam or a scam! But just for the record I saw her first.

washingtondc.craigslist.org link

#3 6 years ago

NOOOOOOO!!!

index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

The name was Bob and his email was [email protected] for all future pinsider searchers!

#5 6 years ago

Umm scam. I flagged it as likely did others.

#6 6 years ago

So let’s look at the anatomy of a scam and how you can tell.

Wording looks like a legit ad from a knowledgeable pinball player.

$599
    HUO
    New legs
    No pictures other than the backbox
    No contact other than a gmail in the listing
    No location

Scam written all over it in every way imaginable

#7 6 years ago

Dude I flagged it right after I sent him a message from my junk yahoo account lol

143058_0 copy.jpg143058_0 copy.jpg

#8 6 years ago

Yeah, the scammers are back posting low priced pinball ads on CL with gmail addresses again. I expect we'll see a few more weeks of this nonsense before it tapers off again.

#9 6 years ago

Speaking of scammers, what’s with the HUO Black Hole and Frankenstein being posted on eBay 3x a day? I realize they are stealing people’s accounts and making the posts - but I would think eBay would filter it out by now since the pics and description is the same every time.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yeah, the scammers are back posting low priced pinball ads on CL with gmail addresses again. I expect we'll see a few more weeks of this nonsense before it tapers off again.

Yea I tried to pull up that thread you just recently had going on to correlate the pricing and gmail address. If it seems too good to be true it probably is, but to this day I'm still kicking myself for being the 3rd guy in line for a Time Machine that was listed on Clist that sold for $900!!!

#11 6 years ago

Same in my area CL -
    Cheap price
    1 photo
    Gmail contact
    Info sounded like a flyer, not a used pinball advert.

Reply to my email was - It's gone, but here's a link to our sketchy auction site.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

Dude I flagged it right after I sent him a message from my junk yahoo account lol

Hey my bad, hard to always tell sarcasm in a post. Looks like either your or my flag brought it down.

I actually got taken for a $700 Joker Poker on CL this fall. Got my money back, but man I was fooled by that one. Passed every test I usually use. So anyway I’m a bit sensitive on this stuff.

I keep flagging the Frankenstein and Black Hole that keep popping up on eBay. Probably 10x so far under different hacked accounts.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Hey my bad, hard to always tell sarcasm in a post. Looks like either your or my flag brought it down.
    I actually got taken for a $700 Joker Poker on CL this fall. Got my money back, but man I was fooled by that one. Passed every test I usually use. So anyway I’m a bit sensitive on this stuff.
    I keep flagging the Frankenstein and Black Hole that keep popping up on eBay. Probably 10x so far under different hacked accounts.

Oh I think it's hilarious, as soon as I saw the price and read the HUO reference I was thinking about posting this thread lol

#14 6 years ago

I try to only deal with established Pinsiders when I buy a pin, I know the condition is being judged accurately, you can see their activity and history here and truthfully the best deals of my life were made through here! And lets face it out there is slim pickings, most of the good stuff is now being curated by collectors.

#15 6 years ago

I saw a nice Jackbot today, only $399!!!!

Of course I sent the email, I love games!

Yup, sketchy auction site.

It's not even close to a good disguise. Pathetic.

#16 6 years ago

I just don’t get these scams, maybe because I pick all my machines up myself and pay cash.

#17 6 years ago

About 15 years ago I listed some furniture I inherited on Clist for $20K, it was old and I thought it was mid 1800's Hepplewhite. Thankfully I contacted Michael from the Antiques Roadshow after I started getting all these crazy offers and he appraised it off some pictures I emailed him. It turned out to be 1950's revival worth about $2K, I shit you not I had over a million dollars of fake dhl, fedex delivered money orders and personal checks hanging on on my fridge! lol

#18 6 years ago

I actually paid $900 for mine off of craigslist. The monitor was out (well it was all in one color). He said the monitor was really dim and a friend of his try to fix it and the color went really bad. When I got home I found out his friend had taken the neck board off the monitor and when they put it back on they bent one of the pins so it was getting this horrible single color. So I re-bent the pin correctly and did a Cap kit and the thing looks and plays perfect. He wanted 1000 bucks but took 900 when I offered it, he was moving in a few days and did not want it.

86EBE028-418C-49FA-8AF2-729D43A3BED1 (resized).jpeg86EBE028-418C-49FA-8AF2-729D43A3BED1 (resized).jpeg

3726DCA9-89D4-4D82-881D-EB453E6E008A (resized).jpeg3726DCA9-89D4-4D82-881D-EB453E6E008A (resized).jpeg

D83B1743-CEA1-4891-BA96-FC664B271714 (resized).jpegD83B1743-CEA1-4891-BA96-FC664B271714 (resized).jpeg

#19 6 years ago

That was a killer buy man, and still gives me a shimmer of hope for a good, quick & cheep sale!

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

I actually paid $900 for mine off of craigslist. The monitor was out (well it was all in one color). He said the monitor was really dim and a friend of his try to fix it and the color went really bad. When I got home I found out his friend had taken the neck board off the monitor and when they put it back on they bent one of the pins so it was getting this horrible single color. So I re-bent the pin correctly and did a Cap kit and the thing looks and plays perfect. He wanted 1000 bucks but took 900 when I offered it, he was moving in a few days and did not want it.

Curious if you remember how long ago you got it. I think when I got my SWE1 about 3 years ago the Revenge From Mars P2K's were going for about $2k... so even if from that far back you got a great deal!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#21 6 years ago

Deals still pop up from time to time. It's just that many of them go unnoticed since the ads go up and then get pulled down so quick.

I've gotten my fair share of "I'm moving", "it's in the way", or "kids moved out" deals.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Curious if you remember how long ago you got it. I think when I got my SWE1 about 3 years ago the Revenge From Mars P2K's were going for about $2k... so even if from that far back you got a great deal!
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

about 1 year ago

#23 6 years ago

Good deal depending on condition ... ive been offered a few nice working ones in the past year for around 2k... they dont go for alot of money.

#24 6 years ago

Yea I gave up on facebook for deals and even watching ebay almost everything listed is from collectors. I like to check clist from time to time but what I really need to do is go down south and check out some of these amusement auctions!

#25 6 years ago

And the HITS keep coming $300 Disco Fever lol, at least they just send you a stupid link and not try to scam you. Whoever's writing these descriptions is a pinball enthusiast.

winchester.craigslist.org link

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/599-rfm-on-clistdibs-lol and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.