(Topic ID: 44892)

59 yrs ago something happened that affects pinball to this day...Lloyd's B-Day!

By LesManley

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 105 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by canea
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

godzilla.jpg
    bbbb.jpg
    coolest-pinball-machine-cake-21638824..jpg
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!before.jpg

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

The birth of a pinball messiah. That's right, it is our good old resident guru's birthday today! Still kicking after all those years and bringing a ray of hope to all with broken or quirky pinball machines. Happy Birthday Lloyd!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!before.jpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!before.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Happy B-Day, Lloyd

#3 11 years ago

Happy birthday Lloyd!

#4 11 years ago

Happy B-day! Hope it is a good one Lloyd!

#5 11 years ago

Happy Birthday Lloyd!

#6 11 years ago

Happy Birthday!

#7 11 years ago

Happy birthday. My youngest turns 11 today. In good company.

#8 11 years ago

Happy Birthday!

#9 11 years ago

Happy Birthday Lloyd. Good seeing you at TPF. Wally

#10 11 years ago

A year older and a year wiser. Happy B-day!

#11 11 years ago

Happy Birthday Lloyd!

#12 11 years ago

Happy B-day! Someone bake this man a cake.

#13 11 years ago

Happy Birthday!

#14 11 years ago

Happy Birthday!!!

#15 11 years ago

Happy Birthday Lloyd !

#16 11 years ago

Happy Birthday LTG!

#18 11 years ago

Happy Birthday!

coolest-pinball-machine-cake-21638824..jpgcoolest-pinball-machine-cake-21638824..jpg

#19 11 years ago

Happy Birthday Lloyd!

#20 11 years ago

Happy Birthday!!!

#21 11 years ago

Happy Birthday, Lloyd!

#22 11 years ago

Happy Birthday Doc!!!

bbbb.jpgbbbb.jpg

#23 11 years ago

happy bday

#24 11 years ago

59 by christmas!

#25 11 years ago

Happy Birthday!

godzilla.jpggodzilla.jpg

#26 11 years ago

Happy Birthday Lloyd!

#27 11 years ago

Wow. Thank you everyone for the kind words.

I always think of my Mother on this day and what she all went through. She lost her first baby. Had my sister. Then when she was pregnant with me she started losing water. Her doctor told her if she miscarried to not cry as there was likely something wrong with the fetus.

I was born at 8:18am this day in 1954 at St. Mary's Hospital in Minneapolis, my Mother had a c section. When I was born my lungs collapsed and was pretty much a goner. I was baptized and given the last rights.

My Mother spent the day alone in her room, I can't imagine the hell a woman would go through going home empty handed, again.

About 5am the next morning a nurse came in and woke my Mother. She told my Mother she wasn't supposed to be there. She wanted my Mother to know that Dr. Berglund had worked on me all day and night, and that I was still alive, and I was going to make it.

Now I've pretty much lived a wild life. Mainly because of the industry I was born into. I've gotten to see more and do more than most people ever imagine. A friend once told me that I'd forgotten more fun than most people will ever know.

And it is true. I've truly been blessed. There has only ever been one thing I wish I could have done or changed, and never had the opportunity.

Dr. Berglund was old when I was born, and didn't live too many years after. Before I was old enough to know.

I wish I could have thanked him. For my Mother and me.

LTG : )

#28 11 years ago

Happy Birthday Lloyd.

#29 11 years ago

Happy birthday, Lloyd! Always appreciate your advice and good cheer. You've helped me a few times over the years through rgp. Hope you have a great year and have many more.

Cheers,
    Duane

#30 11 years ago

Happy Happy!

#31 11 years ago

Happy Birthday Lloyd!

As a newbie to this site and to owning a pinball machine, you don't know me from Adam but you are always one of the first to post on any tech help threads that I've posted here.

I just wanted to express my gratitude for being so willing to share your knowledge with newbies to the hobby such as myself.

#32 11 years ago

Happy Birthday Lloyd - Thx for all you do!!!

#33 11 years ago

Hah! Did your husband bake that for you?

#34 11 years ago

Happy b-day Loyd......Is this the oldest you've ever been?

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I always think of my Mother on this day and what she all went through. She lost her first baby. Had my sister. Then when she was pregnant with me she started losing water. Her doctor told her if she miscarried to not cry as there was likely something wrong with the fetus.
    I was born at 8:18am this day in 1954 at St. Mary's Hospital in Minneapolis, my Mother had a c section. When I was born my lungs collapsed and was pretty much a goner. I was baptized and given the last rights.
    My Mother spent the day alone in her room, I can't imagine the hell a woman would go through going home empty handed, again.
    About 5am the next morning a nurse came in and woke my Mother. She told my Mother she wasn't supposed to be there. She wanted my Mother to know that Dr. Berglund had worked on me all day and night, and that I was still alive, and I was going to make it.
    Now I've pretty much lived a wild life. Mainly because of the industry I was born into. I've gotten to see more and do more than most people ever imagine. A friend once told me that I'd forgotten more fun than most people will ever know.
    And it is true. I've truly been blessed. There has only ever been one thing I wish I could have done or changed, and never had the opportunity.
    Dr. Berglund was old when I was born, and didn't live too many years after. Before I was old enough to know.

Wow, what a touching story. Truly inspirational. Thank You. It's strange what can happen in this life. Me and my wife were registered for adoption. One day Children's services called and said a newborn boy had been found in the alley behind their offices. He could have been run over or eaten by dogs. He's our son now (12) and first chair violin and red belt Taekwondo. Only by the grace of God.

#36 11 years ago

Happy Birthday

#37 11 years ago

Happy birthday. Your only 59 for 10 years, so make it count!

#38 11 years ago

Happy birthday Lloyd! Sorry I did not get to meet you at TPF.

#39 11 years ago

Happy Birthday Lloyd! But remember, compared to me you are just a young punk.

Thanks for the TPF beer!

Barry

#40 11 years ago

Happy bday, and thanks for your help to me and others, really invaluable!

#41 11 years ago

Happy birthday my friend! Very happy you're here on the Pinside with your great humor and amazing pinball knowledge! Here's to many more years, cheers!

#42 11 years ago

Happy bday big guy!

#43 11 years ago

Happy Birthday Lloyd!

#44 11 years ago

Happy Birthday you old goof!

You are truly an inspiration to so many Lloyd.

Chris

#45 11 years ago

HBD LTG

#46 11 years ago

Happy B-day

#47 11 years ago

Happy Birthday. Glad you made it.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Sounds like a very big deal to us all but I'll bet the doctor just had to install a couple new switches and a pop bumper or two in the right place. That would explain a lot of things to be honest.
    Happy B-Day LTG!!!

#49 11 years ago

Happy day to you.

#50 11 years ago

So this is my first post. I have been a lurker on RGP and Pinside for a number of years. My first NIB was POTC in 2007 and have seen a lot of personalities come and go. After reading many greta and not so greta posts on both sites, I have never been compelled to post until now...

Happy Birthday Lloyd!

Over the years you have touched lots of folks that don't post very often, for that you should be very proud.

KD

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/59-years-ago-something-happened-that-affects-pinball-even-to-this-day and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.