6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Blutarsky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

Hello, everyone, Sgt Schultz here. My rescued Q of D is down to just one problem: she won't restart after bob tilting. I find this game extremely challenging with some serious nudging required. Serious nudging, of course, may tilt the game away. Fine. The problem is that when the start button is engaged after a tilt the S relay engages and ...nothing. If I give the score motor a finger boost she starts right up. I would like to end the need to reach inside the cabinet to boost the score motor after tilting a game. I'm already pissed enough. What I can tell you is that after a tilt and pushing the replay button the relay bank containing both the tilt and start relays does not reset although the start relay does trip. When I manually reset (untrip) the tilt relay all is well and start sequence completes. If the problem is that the bank reset solenoid doesn't fire and reset the tilt (and other)relay(s) what's to be done? I've checked and cleaned the tilt relay switches. Seems logical the problem is in the tilt relay. Oh, well. I know nothing. Thanks so much in advance.

#2 6 years ago

Clean and adjust the switches on both the start relay, and tilt relay. First tighten the little screws which hold the switch stacks together. I had a similar problem on a wedgehead just today, and it was a dirty switch on the start relay.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blutarsky:

I'm already pissed enough

Time to take a break and clear your head.

Quoted from Blutarsky:

If the problem is that the bank reset solenoid doesn't fire and reset the tilt (and other)relay(s) what's to be done?

I'd have to see the schematic. Do you have one?

#4 6 years ago

Thanks, fellas. The relay bank on QofD is a bit of a bugger to open up. I had to do so to work on other problems and I'll do so again to work on the start, tilt, reset and game over relays. That likely will solve the issue. I was able to clean several accessable start switches and now the 100,000 resets in the sequence. That's progress. I do have the schematic but need to study up on posting the relevant portion if needed.

1 week later
    #5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blutarsky:

The relay bank on QofD is a bit of a bugger to open up

Here's the part of the schematic that resets the relay bank. You should probably unplug the machine when working on these 100volt circuits.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#6 6 years ago

I remember reading famous last quotes as a kid that a convict named Wood about to go to the electric chair said "You are about to see the effect of electricity on wood". I will try to avoid Mr Wood's fate. Thank you very much, guys.

4 months later
    #7 6 years ago

Jrpinball you nailed it. Thank you. Problem was a start relay make/break wasn't make/breaking. It was very difficult to access and adjust. Found the problem only by giving a little extra push to the relay actuator bar.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/59-gtb-queen-of-diamonds-problem-with-restart-after-tilt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.