13 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by WET
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bulb3.jpg
    bulb2.jpg
    bulb1.jpg
    #1 13 years ago

Does everyone have problems getting the 555 LEDS to work?......I usually have to insert and remove every one several times. It reminds me of trying to fix X-mas lights. I always buy Cointaker. I bought some of the 4-leds also 555's.....I couldn't get any of those to work, because they seemed fat.

#2 13 years ago

When I did my TZ I had some issues with some that just did not want to work with LEDS. I actually left a couple original bulbs in. They are testy like xmas lights. Correct.

#3 13 years ago

I just got mine from cointaker and you always have to bend the connectors on the bulb out, to make proper contact. But you also have to make sure that it is inserted the right direction.

The 555 LED bulbs will only work one way as they are polarized, so if you bent the bulb connectors out, plug in the bulb and it doesn't work... pull it out, and turn it around to fit in the socket 180 degrees and it will work.

I have a bigger problem with the #44 bulb I have to file almost all of the middle connections on the bulbs down to fit in the socket. They are usually so tight that forcing the bulb to fit cracks the LED element connections inside the bulb.

bulb1.jpgbulb1.jpg bulb2.jpgbulb2.jpg bulb3.jpgbulb3.jpg

#4 13 years ago

I have found their Super Flex 555s are VERY tight in the socket. Haven't had any issues with the others.

I bend the leads toward the outside but not away from the plastic. So far I have only had one Cointaker bulb actually not work but there are a few times where it took multiple re-insertions to get them to work.

#5 13 years ago

I actually had to tack some of my 555 led´s to their lamp holders with some superglue , otherwise they got "spat" out due to snug fit and vibrations......

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/555-leds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.