Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Mando
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

555socket.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrwizzo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 12 years ago

as a last resort, remove the light board and inspect the solder at that light. often a dimple has formed and bending the contacts is a temp fix. reflow the solder and add a little if needed.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from Angyalpor:

Got the same problem before,MrWizzo's idea helps on me,too...

Angyalpor:

Eonabok ivanok!

Forgive me for the terrible Hungarian. I hope I just didn't insult a loved one or something.

Dan

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

Wizzo..yea I thought of that..not sure how comfy I am with that yet Looks like it was having issues before I even messed with the LEDs. I just looked at my video and I see the 4 failing with the old lamps. At least it wasn't my fault hehe.
    » YouTube video

Well, you gotta jump in the water eventually, and the water is not too deep at this end of the pool. Do you have a soldering iron and a multi-meter?

You can do it, Charlie Brown!!

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

Could be that moving the wires nudges the PCB.

Again, take out the light board. couple screws, no problem. Follow the traces from the misbehaving light and determine which pin feeds that circuit. Examine the solder holding the pin in the board to see if looks old and maybe cracked. Regardless, while you have it out, heat up your iron when hot enough to melt solder, gently touch that joint to reflow the solder. it will go from a matte finish to shiny and then will dry somewhere in the middle. Inspect the solder at the light for divots and reflow those as well.

If there is another board with the same amount of lights, Pull that one off and switch boards. If the problem is there in the board in question at the new location, it is the board. If the problem is at the old location where the new board is, it is not the board.

"You can do it!" (waterboy)

Running out of motivation quotes. C'mon, get your head in there and fix it. Just take your time.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

MrWizzo said:
    Running out of motivation quotes. C'mon, get your head in there and fix it. Just take your time.
    Yep gotta get in there and do it!

First time a Penn Stater and a Michigan fan have agreed on anything. This is an historical moment! Now, you gotta fix the light to honor this.

Pinside: bridging hostile collegiate rivalries.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrwizzo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/555-bulb-socket-not-so-great-connection?tu=mrwizzo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.