(Topic ID: 271409)

53C vs Tip122, Sys11B EarthShaker MPU

By Matthew2000tx

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I'm looking over my Earthshaker board and noticed that the majority of my Transistors that are in spots where a Tip122 should be actually say "SGS 9 701 BOX 53C". Is this equivalent to a Tip 122? The ES manual says I should have TIP122 at the following locations but instead I'm seeing a 53C?

Q77, Q75, Q69 Q71, Q73

#2 3 years ago

What you have are probably OEM marked TIP 122 equivalents. If they look like factory installed, no need to worry.

Edit: Are you sure it is 9701 and not 9301? SE9301 is often used to replace a TIP 102, which is a higher current version of TIP 122.

#3 3 years ago

Now I got it! They are BDX 53C (not BOX). It is a valid replacement for TIP 122, with slightly higher current - TIP 122 is 5 amp and BDX53C is 8 amp.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

Now I got it! They are BDX 53C (not BOX). It is a valid replacement for TIP 122, with slightly higher current - TIP 122 is 5 amp and BDX53C is 8 amp.

Thanks that is good to know

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/53c-vs-tip122-sys11b-earthshaker-mpu?hl=tuukka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.