(Topic ID: 290948)

What speakers is stern currently using on LEs?

By Purdue

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinWoofer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    E6883A17-B576-42AF-AA16-A1A9F40F2F5C (resized).png
    27C0ACA6-E238-4AF5-8A8F-DC399F026507 (resized).png

#1 3 years ago

Looking for another option since the Kenwood 1366s are now out of stock everywhere.

5.25 4 ohm with a silver cone.

What is everybody using to upgrade now/ What is stern using now in LE's?

TIA

#2 3 years ago

I use JBL 502 speakers...sound good...have put probably 10 sets in..

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from monkfe:

I use JBL 502 speakers...sound good...have put probably 10 sets in..

Do you have speaker light kits ? If so how do they look with the black cone?

#4 3 years ago

I have these 4ohm New speakers for sale if anyone is interested

Cerwin Vega H452 5.25 2-way $40.00 SPL:93dB
    Infinity RS502 - 5.25” 2-way $50.00 SPL:90db
    Audiobahn AS50V-5.25” 2-way $30.00 SPL:93dB

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Purdue:

Looking for another option since the Kenwood 1366s are now out of stock everywhere.

TIA

Slightly off topic-

Its funny you should say that. When Munsters LE was out, I had one and liked the sound so I wanted to upgrade the speakers on some of my other games. I went on Ebay and found a pair for like $43 in the US. When they arrived- I was sent a *CASE* that had 6 pairs of these instead on the one pair I ordered. They all went to good use. But how many times did that bulk seller do that on other orders??? Best make out from Ebay ever.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Purdue:

I do not have any light kits so I can't give an opinion on that

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Purdue:

Put these pioneer 5.25 speakers with speaker lights in my DP. Sound and look good

27C0ACA6-E238-4AF5-8A8F-DC399F026507 (resized).png27C0ACA6-E238-4AF5-8A8F-DC399F026507 (resized).pngE6883A17-B576-42AF-AA16-A1A9F40F2F5C (resized).pngE6883A17-B576-42AF-AA16-A1A9F40F2F5C (resized).png
    #8 3 years ago

Do you know if Kenwood are still making the 1366s or it's been discontinued?

#9 3 years ago

Just saw this on Amazon, it is the Aussie version but when I ordered mine awhile back the came from the US.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Purdue:

TIA

Pinball Life still have them listed:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-le-speaker-set-5-14-4-ohm.html

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Purdue:

TIA

pinwoofer has a great kit I have used on 2 sterns so far. pyle speakers in the backbox check the LZ thread for information and several reviews

#12 2 years ago

Shipping container shortages are causing a very bad situation for loudspeaker supplies. We are now allocating speakers to system sales only.

Below is an ad-hoc Stern list on the site - if you have any updates please let me know:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/stern-spike2-limited-edition-le-titles-and-upgraded-backbox-speaker-list/

#13 2 years ago

These improved the sound on a Stern Premium game and are a drop in replacement:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RNNX8K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

Shipping container shortages are causing a very bad situation for loudspeaker supplies. We are now allocating speakers to system sales only.
    Below is an ad-hoc Stern list on the site - if you have any updates please let me know:
    https://pinwoofer.com/blog/stern-spike2-limited-edition-le-titles-and-upgraded-backbox-speaker-list/

If you would want to get more specific with your Batman 66 SLE listing they are Jensen DUBs252

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

If you would want to get more specific with your Batman 66 SLE listing they are Jensen DUBs252

Updated - thanks DugFreez !

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/525-4-ohm-speaker-upgrade?hl=nazz26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.