(Topic ID: 303424)

5101 NVRAM options for Bally Nitro Ground Shaker?

By nagamitsu

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bontango
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nagamitsu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Friend's pin, it may have more issues (hearing there was some smell of smoke when he tried powering it up recently), last time I was able to see the machine with its previous symptoms (basically not working in general, some lights on back box, scramble on score displays, only 1-2 lights on playfield and game wouldn't start) I had thought I had it pinned down to the 5101 on main board. I see there's a few 5101 NVRAM modules available, I'm assuming there's no original/direct IC replacement hence the need for a custom drop in module? Trying to figure out if something more locally in Canada as well for this, to reduce shipping time from US or UK and additional costs.

Thanks!

Tim

#4 2 years ago

Thanks! I'll let him know of this as well. Wondering if I can figure out a workaround, otherwise telling him to find/get a complete replacement board from eBay or something as next option.

Tim

#7 2 years ago

Thanks! Need to confirm if his board isn't fried at another level now since he last reported smoke, as I may have to get a complete board replacement now.

Tim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nagamitsu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/5101-nvram-options-for-bally-nitro-ground-shaker?tu=nagamitsu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.