(Topic ID: 27950)

5,10, & 25 cent coin acceptors? Can't find?

By penguinchicken

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190528-223502_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
DSCN4917.JPG
DSCN4918.JPG
Door_restored_rear.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Hi all.
New to the EM world, My new 66' table has no coin acceptor. It has the switches on the door for dime, nickle, and quarter.
Where can I find these, and or what specifically am I looking/ searching for? (exact part or name)

I have had no luck on the web other than 25c mechanisms.

Thanks!
Roebrt

#2 11 years ago

Are you looking for the coin mechs? I have seen the 5 cent and 10 cent mechs on Ebay occasionally. I suspect none of the vendors carry anything besides the 25 cent mech.

Have you considered setting your game to free play? Then the coin mech would be redundant. I think half of my games may be missing their mechs.
Alex

#3 11 years ago

Find old ops or keep an eye on Ebay.

5 and 10's likely haven't been made for years.

LTG

#4 11 years ago

You can set it up with a nickle, dime, or quarter coin mechanism of your choice. Your best bet is to post a parts wanted ad and they should run you anywhere from free to $10.00 ea.
Ken

#5 11 years ago

Here's a video of a "any-coin" mech, not sure if it's a mod or he bought it that way?

#6 11 years ago

Coin Mechanisms, Inc. still make the seperate nickle, dime, and quarter acceptors:

http://www.coinmech.com/product_profile.cfm?id=317

They were used in slot machines.

I think Steve Young also sells the coin acceptors.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Coin Mechanisms, Inc. still make the seperate nickle, dime, and quarter acceptors:

http://www.coinmech.com/product_profile.cfm?id=317

Good Call.

Quoted from KenLayton:

I think Steve Young also sells the coin acceptors.

He has 25 cent mechs only. Call to make sure it will work with your machine.

Ken

#8 11 years ago

Perhaps you can find a local coin op. vender in the Yellow Pages?
stop by on your way home and he might have a few of the older ones .

#9 11 years ago

There is only one coin slot in the door, one outlet from the chute, and one set of peg slots to mount a device.(about twice the size of the 25c mechs from my other games, and presumably quite thick).The game says "2 nickles, one dime one play/3 plays quarter on the door.
Perhaps I am boned up here, but I assumed this would be ONE device that would sort the 3 separate coins to their respective little wire feeler switches at the bottom of the door, and not three separate things as I think I am seeing here?
The replay counter zero switch is already adjusted to "free play". I am just a dork, I like to put coins in stuff!

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from penguinchicken:

There is only one coin slot in the door, one outlet from the chute, and one set of peg slots to mount a device

Sounds like at one time you had at least 2 coin mechs and chutes but someone cut in back to one for whatever reason. With the proper parts you could add up to 3 chutes again if you want.

I like to put coins in stuff!

All my machines run off of coins as I want them as original as possible in most cases.

Ken

#11 11 years ago

The name of the machine in question is......?????

#12 11 years ago

He lists Williams A-Go-Go in his collection. I suspect that is the machine he is asking about.
Alex

#13 11 years ago

If it is the machine in question, here is an inside coin door pic for A-Go-Go from the IPDB.
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=27&picno=27251
Alex

#14 11 years ago

Oh, it's a Williams "single slot" door. That uses a 3-coin vending machine coin acceptor. At the time there were three different coin acceptors that would fit in that door:

1. The National Rejectors gray painted metal one.

2. The Coin Acceptors (a.k.a. Coinco) tan painted metal one.

3. The Coin Acceptors green plastic one which accepted Canadian and US coins.

This one on ebay is very close to the one I have:

ebay.com link: Canadian Coin Acceptor US Coins Too Slug Release

Just remove the "shovel" and the extension roller arm on the reject lever and it looks like it would be the twin of mine.

These modern Rowe jukebox acceptors look like they would work too:

ebay.com link: 4 JUKEBOX CANADIAN COIN ACCEPTORS COINCO 790 91C 790 81 ROWE AMI SEEBURG

#15 11 years ago

if it's a Wms. A Go Go then I'm pretty sure a std. pinball coin mech. wont work
Wms. at that time (1964 ?) merged with Seeburg corp.
the coin mech. was turned flat or parallel with the coin door not perpendicular like others.
Wms latter went back to the standard style a few years latter.
You can spot these games from across the room with there drop down front end just like my Alpine Club btw also didn't come with a coin mech.

#16 11 years ago

Here's a picture of the backside of the one I restored.

Door_restored_rear.JPGDoor_restored_rear.JPG

#17 11 years ago

wow looks great Ken

#18 11 years ago

I sandblasted the door before painting it. Also, this picture was taken before the nickle cradle was reinstalled on the coin acceptor and before all the reproduction decals were installed. I even sandblasted and painted all the door trim pieces that go around the outside of the door.

The pictures don't do this door justice. It's gorgeous in-person.

The door came from a Williams 8-Ball pinball machine.

Saint Louis Ball Bowler Company makes the reproduction decals and coin entry window for this door now:

http://stl-bb.com/Blog/store/products/new-united-stickers/

http://stl-bb.com/Blog/store/products/coin-cover/

#19 11 years ago

Cool, 8-ball is one I'd love to play sometime. Looks fun and I like the art, sort of reminds me of the old Pabst guys. Nice restore by the way.
Alex

#20 11 years ago

Wow ken! Nice work! That one on ebay looks perfect.

I really have debated how deep I wanted to restore this table. It is in pretty rough shape on the outside , but has never been "touched up" so still has that original quality.....What a fun hobby.

It is for A Go-Go. I should have thought to link the pic from ipdb like AlexF did.

This forum is so great. I just can't get over how neat it is!

Thanks everyone for your help.
Robert

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

With the proper parts you could add up to 3 chutes again if you want.

Correction, up to 2 chutes as they sit flat across the back of the inside of the coin door like my 1962 Williams King Pin.

If it were me I would just keep it simple and use the one chute with a 25 cent coin mech.

This forum is so great. I just can't get over how neat it is!

Yes indeed...fun central! Enjoy your new pin!

Ken

#23 11 years ago

Thanks again KenLayton,
I got the one on ebay you linked....

Just removed a couple of extra bits, re-positioned the lower mount pegs up to the other set of holes. Snapped right into place!

Thanks again to everyone for the help!

Roebrt

DSCN4918.JPGDSCN4918.JPG DSCN4917.JPGDSCN4917.JPG

6 years later
#24 4 years ago

I know this is a very old post but looking for some help from someone to find the whole inside workings for my 1965 williams eager beaver. It currently just has the door and nothing else but like previous posts i read i think it too needs 5cent 10cent and 25cent acceptors. If anyone can include a link for a whole door i could buy thats sort of plug and play that way i can get my machine off free play and back to normal id be very greatful.

#25 4 years ago
Screenshot_20190528-223502_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190528-223502_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/510-25-cent-coin-acceptors-cant-find and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.