Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Colsond3
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

50x4 (resized).JPG
    50x3 (resized).JPG
    50x5 (resized).JPG
    C04665AE-9070-46F4-B99C-C85C9CA575B2 (resized).png
    E435F6B9-ED14-451C-90DD-796736CEF32C (resized).jpeg
    7B449E8E-1176-4BA4-BD82-82CD809C54CE (resized).jpeg
    5625B947-3CAB-4874-97C8-1195D29F4424 (resized).jpeg
    50x2 (resized).JPG
    50x1 (resized).JPG
    50mug (resized).JPG
    50mug2 (resized).JPG
    0749442B-7F8C-43A0-B631-01093D2C98DB (resized).jpeg
    DSC00694 (resized).JPG
    DSC00693 (resized).JPG
    06A1DF64-C350-4BA6-A655-8EAA8BB1F741 (resized).jpeg
    DSC00692 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LTG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Only 252 shopping days left until the Golden Goose. My 50th anniversary party for SS Billiards. http://ssbilliards.com/

It will be similar to my 40th anniversary party. Pop and hot dogs and cheese pump all day. A round of pizza. 10 slabs of Famous Dave's ribs. All the pinball machines on free play and a pinball tournament. The pool tables will be covered because of all the food.

Travel depending on where we are at with covid. I'm expecting people from around the USA and other countries. I'll be extending an invitation to the manufacturers too. I have a volunteer or two for anyone needing a ride to or from the airport.

As the date gets closer, I'll slow down and stop advertising it. So I don't get over run with people.

It's a Tuesday September 20th, 2022. Mark your calendars now.

LTG : )

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Cheese pump? What is this magical sounding device?

Pictured is my old one. Warm it up. Nacho cheese goes in. Push pump handle to squirt it on the hot dog. I like that and a little ketchup.

cheesepump (resized).JPGcheesepump (resized).JPG
    #13 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Minneapolis in October,

How about Hopkins in September ?

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

deserving of the moniker "The Great" as Lloyd.

Funny thing is it started as joke video game initials about 1975. After I fix a game. Play a game. Get high score because there was no saving high scores then. Easy to put in and let customers back on the game.

It got a life of it's own. And grew and grew.

And even pisses off an occasional person because they think I'm telling them to "Learn To Google", or they somehow think I'm that egotistical.

Thanks to David Gersic it did get another meaning as "Launch Those Geese ! ".

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Any good hotels local to your fine establishment?

Marriot Southwest Minneapolis
    5801 Opus Pkwy
    Minnetonka, MN 55343
    Phone: 952-935-5500

3 weeks later
    #20 2 years ago

Bump. Just reminded of this. Hotel info in post #18. 3 or 4 more months and I'll quit advertising the party.

Covid dependent could be a good turnout. Locals, people from across the USA, and maybe even another country or two.

No idea if any of the manufacturers' people will be here. I'll send them invites too.

2 weeks later
    #21 2 years ago

202 days until.

I hope some of those working for the manufacturers can make it. That would make for a great day for all.

Any of the mod makers. Since the pool tables will be covered. You can show off things you are making for pinball machines.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Planning on food truck etc?

Very similar to the 40th Anniversary party.

Pop and hot dogs and cheese pump all day. A round of pizza. 10 slabs of Famous Dave's ribs.

With the ice cream shop, China Palace, and Casa Deli in the same strip mall. A food truck could upset my neighbors, who I get along great with.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Let me know if you want me to set up my infamous kissing booth at your party.

Again ? Well if you must. Flavored lip balm I hope.

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Let me know if you want me to set up my infamous kissing booth at your party.

Maybe a reverse kissing booth this time ? People pay $10 to not have to kiss the boob.

You'll make a fortune.

1 month later
    #31 2 years ago

Small update here.

Nearly the same as the 40th anniversary party. Hot dogs, cheese pump, and pop all day. 10 slabs of Famous Dave's ribs later in the day. A round of pizza after that. Pool tables covered because of food. All pinball machines on free play.

I'm not going to do a pinball tournament this time.

Not sure on souvenirs yet. Especially since Excelsior Boulevard near 169 will be closed starting Monday until fall. This has effected my business in the past for people going east to west to get to me easily.

Not sure yet if people or distributors will bring in games to share or sell.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

If you do ~10oz mugs I’ll take at least two.

If I can do it. I seriously doubt there will be extras. It would be a very limited production.

2 weeks later
    #34 1 year ago

So far dismal responses from manufacturers or distributors to attend. Even with a good lead in time.

Since there will be people from the area and other states. I thought it would be a good time to mingle with current and future customers.

2 weeks later
    #35 1 year ago

122 days to the party on September 20th this year. Noon to midnight.

Anyone wanting to bring in a game to share or sell, start planning now. All pinball machines will be on free play.

People will be coming from all over. So a good chance to meet new customers if you are active in the industry. Manufacturing, distributing, mods, etc.

3 weeks later
    #36 1 year ago

Broke 100. 98 days to the event of the century.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

"event of the century"

I should have said I hope.

With people coming from around the country, and maybe even other countries. I thought I'd get better response from manufacturers, distributors, and mod makers.

Oh well.

3 weeks later
    #40 1 year ago

71 days. The clock is ticking.

Pop, hot dogs, cheese pump during the day. 10 slabs of Famous Dave's Ribs, and a round of pizza around dinner time.

Pool tables will be covered because of food. Window signs will be off, and a closed for private party sign in the door.

No pinball tournament this time. My 22 pinball machines will be on free play. No one has offered to bring in machines for the event or for sale. Right now souvenir mugs isn't looking likely either.

No matter. We'll have a fun time !

#41 1 year ago

Only 66 shopping days left.

1 week later
    #42 1 year ago

58 days and counting.

On the good news front chances are good there might be a very limited number of souvenirs there.

2 weeks later
    #43 1 year ago

43 days. An extremely limited number of souvenirs will be there. Will you ?

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from 67cutlass:

Surprised (and honestly disappointed) that none of the manufactures are doing anything.

They are probably busy. I was hoping they'd send a machine and a few employees for all the years I helped them. ( or a Stern Pinball Alley sign, I need one of them )

I'm surprised no distributors would bring a machine or two, since there will be people from around the country, it would be a good chance to sell games and meet new customers.

No one else bringing in games for sale or to join the fun either.

Oh well. We'll have a great time anyway.

Disclaimer : This doesn't include PPS/CGC that I help and they have helped me.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from joetechbob:

What's the process for bringing a game?

Let me know would be nice. So I know it's coming. Event is noon to midnight, so bring it in at noon or later and set it up, have it of free play.

Quoted from joetechbob:

Would you need it there the entire day?

No. Can come and go as needed.

1 week later
    #48 1 year ago

One month from today.

1 week later
    #50 1 year ago

Finally some good news. The souvenirs have been shipped and will be here in plenty of time for the event. You wouldn't believe the battle this turned into.

I didn't have much of a budget. So extremely limited numbers. You'll have to be there to have a chance at one.

#53 1 year ago

If anybody needs a suggestion on what to get me for my 50th anniversary party.

One of those Stern Pinball Alley signs to hang on the south wall near the front would be nice.

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

Are those signs sold anywhere or do you have to have a stern connection to get one produced?

They were on Stern's website briefly for $2400 when they first came out.

Since then I've only seen them at shows, Stern's set up. Or at distributors show rooms.

A few have been sold for around $6K, according to Pinside posts.

#57 1 year ago

Stern pinball alley sign bump.

#58 1 year ago

Souvenirs arrived in time for the event.

Was worried they wouldn't make it.

Some lucky attendees will be very happy.

goldengoose (resized).JPGgoldengoose (resized).JPG
    #60 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Sweet, I always wanted a ladder!

Somebody is going home happy. The boxes are my stuff not for the event.

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Found one for a mere $5465.54
    https://www.thailandpooltables.com/stern-pinball-alley-sign.html
    oh, it's Thailand so shipping shouldn't be a problem!

Thank you. I'd rather something closer for the gift giver.

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

We should be able to get enough donations to purchase one if we can find it. I will kick it off and pledge $1,000 towards one. Maybe someone from Stern can help locate one.

Great American Pinball has a couple I believe.

And please don't. While I really appreciate your sincerity and generous offer. This was supposed to be one of my gag posts.

I am sorry and hope I don't offend anyone.

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Thanks for clearing that up, Lloyd.

My pleasure.

At the time I was approached by a person wanting to put a group of people together to sponsor my anniversary party. The anniversary parties have always been all on me. My way of thanking people that got me this far. I said no. ( people do bring in pop and snacks to my pinball events, that is different, to join in the fun )

They countered with wanting to do something else. I went ballistic. I've been helped in the past. I don't want to look like I keep going to the well. Years ago I was gifted the Spiderman pin, which in retrospect I should have refused. People helped when Kris ran the refresh nine years ago. People helped during covid.

So when I wanted to bump my 50th anniversary thread. Late at night, I thought it would be funny to put in what people should get me as a gift.

At the time it seemed funny to me, all things considered.

It wasn't, and I'm sorry.
    Lloyd

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

You delivery of jokes needs worked on LOL!

Sadly, I was posting it as my point of view. Which many didn't know.

I'll go back to my PTC and EFL gags.

#71 1 year ago

To get back on track of the 50th Anniversary event. Here is a teaser of what came today.

annimug (resized).JPGannimug (resized).JPG

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

odd choice in color!

Many of my event mugs and Expo mugs were of this color.

#75 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

odd choice in color!

My personal favorite.

2018exmug (resized).JPG2018exmug (resized).JPG
    #78 1 year ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I put 2 plasma TVs on the list because I thought it was ridiculous and funny.

Mine stemmed from when I wanted to put a Stern Pinball Alley sign above my row of jjp games some time ago.

At the time I thought it fitting and hilarious.

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

Gag or not it is a cool sign and would awesome to have!

Not a gag. At some point I will buy one and use it as I intended.

#83 1 year ago

How many days left Lloyd?

15 days.

There is a lot to do. Unfortunately mostly the last night or morning of. And then the day after morning to get things back to storage.

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

but sadly just can't make the trip.

Darn another loss.

Steve Charland, Lyman, Martin Ayub has to work. And now the Boob.

Won't be many left. May as well cancel it and dump the souvenirs.

LTG : (

#87 1 year ago

Lloyd !!! You made the top 10 attractions in Hopkins MN.

Too cool. thank you.

Way better than when I was on the best bar list. Especially since I wasn't a bar.

#90 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Late night posting can be a bitch sometimes.

Only 3,668 shopping days left to my 60th anniversary.

#93 1 year ago

Big day getting closer.

Lack of response from manufacturers, distributors, and mod makers, is mind boggling. A great time to meet potential new customers from all over pinball land.

Oh well. Their loss. We'll still have a blast. Pop, hot dogs, cheese pump, Famous Dave's ribs, Jets pizza, and souvenirs. And 22 pinball machines on free play.

#96 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

How late is the festivities planned?

Until midnight. Maybe later if we have out of state/country visitors. Just not guaranteeing anything past midnight.

#97 1 year ago

Getting closer. One week from today.

#101 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Week from today is also the new release date for 007. Be something if someone at Stern said "hey let's get Lloyd a 007 machine to reveal at his 50th".

That game does look great. Stern has always been good to me. But I don't think that will happen. In fact, after I was given Spiderman years ago ( not from Stern ). After that experience, I wouldn't accept it.

Quoted from PismoArcade:

Better yet, JJP should send him a game in apprciation for the years of volunteer work that Lloyd did for them before he was unceremoniously dismissed.

And people say you don't have a great sense of humor.

Quoted from meSz:

JJP I am sure will "send him a game" Lloyd just has to pay for it first!

True that. Only if I had that kind of money I'd be going after a Godzilla Premium.

Quoted from meSz:

Why we wasting time discussing it,

Not a waste of time. Always cool to ponder the what if's. And you never know when something great comes up. Or one of my stupid joke/ideas like the Stern Pinball Alley sign.

#102 1 year ago

Banquet table is ready to be grabbed from storage.

The spiffing up of the pinball machines has commenced.

#103 1 year ago

Monday night after I close is set up, set pinball machines on free play. Drag in souvenirs. And probably stuff I'm forgetting.

Tuesday bright and early is get pop, cheese, ball park franks, paper plates, napkins, and ice. Then haul to party and get those things going.

Pictures to follow.

#105 1 year ago

10 slabs of Famous Dave's ribs ordered. Will be here 6pm day of the party.

#106 1 year ago

Won't be ready for the party. But soon after I hope to get the newest addition running. A commercial 40" LCD. I'll be able to run pictures, videos, advertising, all kinds of fun.

DSC00690 (resized).JPGDSC00690 (resized).JPG
    #107 1 year ago

Just finished spiffing up machines for the event.

Let the good times roll !

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I'm trying to remember what my local arcades ever did for me to make me feel appreciated, and the answer is nothing, other than making feel like I was an annoyance.

Lloyd, you are a treasure.

Thank you for the kind words my friend.

I've done different things through the years. Give kids an extra quarter or two or treated them to a few games. My Russian customers got their pool free if they came in on the Orthodox Christmas. Last two Goose parties were free. When the economy tanked I reduced the entry price of the Pinball Circus, and left some in reduced further or free ( didn't want somebody on hard times miss out on the fun ) One year had about 7 Pinball Picnics - 4pm set four pins on the front row on free play, 6 pm had 10 slabs of Famous Dave's ribs dropped off, 7pm tournament for $100 on those four pins, 40th Anniversary was free, as well as this one.

I know who got me here and want them to know I appreciate their support.

#114 1 year ago
    Quoted from TAVsPlace:

Maybe you have already done this, if not that image on the screen would be awesome on t shirts.

Rubberpoultry on RGP made that for me many years ago. I have the EPS files. And the plan has always been to do shirts, caps, and mugs, but something else always comes up.

Please don't suggest any online place that makes them and sells them and I get a cut. I don't want the artwork I paid for floating around out there.

If I ever do it, it will be done locally.

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I'm trying to remember what my local arcades ever did for me to make me feel appreciated, and the answer is nothing,

F' em.

If you ever get to my place, I'll make it up to you.

#117 1 year ago

Look what followed me home.

DSC00691 (resized).JPGDSC00691 (resized).JPGDSC00692 (resized).JPGDSC00692 (resized).JPG
    #118 1 year ago

First out of state attendee has arrived.

#120 1 year ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Do I see a cheese pump?

Yes. Yes you do.

#122 1 year ago

Hard to believe that in the evening on this date 50 years ago, the city of Hopkins approved the transfer of the license from Sam Snelling to us. Norm Pink, the manager of Advance Carter, the company that had the machines in the business, came with too for support.

Tonight after I close is set things up. Tomorrow morning is go get supplies.

It is starting to get real, after all the days anticipating it. Count down isn't in days anymore. Now it's slightly less than 24 hours.

#123 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I still plan on visiting at some point,

I hope you can. Safe journeys my friend !

#126 1 year ago

Twas the night before the 50th Anniversary Party
    And all through the house
    Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
    I in my kerchief and Prada in her cap
    Were settling in for a brief nap
    When all of a sudden there arose such a clatter
    I sprang from my chair to see what was the matter
    When what to my wondrous surprise should appear
    But an apparition of Harry Williams so very clear
    As he disappeared into the night I heard him say
    Well done LTG : ) enjoy your day !

DSC00693 (resized).JPGDSC00693 (resized).JPGDSC00694 (resized).JPGDSC00694 (resized).JPG
    #138 1 year ago

And the rare, extremely limited souvenir is unveiled.

50mug (resized).JPG50mug (resized).JPG50mug2 (resized).JPG50mug2 (resized).JPG
    #145 1 year ago

50th Anniversary Party is underway.

Oooooooo....................Cheese Pump !

50x1 (resized).JPG50x1 (resized).JPG50x2 (resized).JPG50x2 (resized).JPG
    #159 1 year ago

A little screw up on the ribs. They are being picked up now.

#163 1 year ago

10 slabs of Famous Dave's ribs lasted about 10 minutes. Out of mugs. Pizza in about 25 minutes.

#164 1 year ago

Ribs gone, mugs gone, pizza gone. Pinball still going strong !

50x3 (resized).JPG50x3 (resized).JPG50x4 (resized).JPG50x4 (resized).JPG50x5 (resized).JPG50x5 (resized).JPG
    #174 1 year ago

That's a wrap folks. Thank you to all who came and made the day special.

#181 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Nice writeup:

You beat me to it. Todd did a nice write up of the event.

Todd has many articles in the older Pinball News, Learn How It Works, section.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LTG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/50th-anniversary-party?tu=LTG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.