Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Colsond3
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

50x4 (resized).JPG
    50x3 (resized).JPG
    50x5 (resized).JPG
    C04665AE-9070-46F4-B99C-C85C9CA575B2 (resized).png
    E435F6B9-ED14-451C-90DD-796736CEF32C (resized).jpeg
    7B449E8E-1176-4BA4-BD82-82CD809C54CE (resized).jpeg
    5625B947-3CAB-4874-97C8-1195D29F4424 (resized).jpeg
    50x2 (resized).JPG
    50x1 (resized).JPG
    50mug (resized).JPG
    50mug2 (resized).JPG
    0749442B-7F8C-43A0-B631-01093D2C98DB (resized).jpeg
    DSC00694 (resized).JPG
    DSC00693 (resized).JPG
    06A1DF64-C350-4BA6-A655-8EAA8BB1F741 (resized).jpeg
    DSC00692 (resized).JPG
    There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Week from today is also the new release date for 007. Be something if someone at Stern said "hey let's get Lloyd a 007 machine to reveal at his 50th".

That game does look great. Stern has always been good to me. But I don't think that will happen. In fact, after I was given Spiderman years ago ( not from Stern ). After that experience, I wouldn't accept it.

Quoted from PismoArcade:

Better yet, JJP should send him a game in apprciation for the years of volunteer work that Lloyd did for them before he was unceremoniously dismissed.

And people say you don't have a great sense of humor.

Quoted from meSz:

JJP I am sure will "send him a game" Lloyd just has to pay for it first!

True that. Only if I had that kind of money I'd be going after a Godzilla Premium.

Quoted from meSz:

Why we wasting time discussing it,

Not a waste of time. Always cool to ponder the what if's. And you never know when something great comes up. Or one of my stupid joke/ideas like the Stern Pinball Alley sign.

LTG : )

#102 1 year ago

Banquet table is ready to be grabbed from storage.

The spiffing up of the pinball machines has commenced.

#103 1 year ago

Monday night after I close is set up, set pinball machines on free play. Drag in souvenirs. And probably stuff I'm forgetting.

Tuesday bright and early is get pop, cheese, ball park franks, paper plates, napkins, and ice. Then haul to party and get those things going.

Pictures to follow.

#104 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Pictures to follow.

That will be great, Lloyd, for all of us following from afar. Happy anniversary and best of luck!

#105 1 year ago

10 slabs of Famous Dave's ribs ordered. Will be here 6pm day of the party.

#106 1 year ago

Won't be ready for the party. But soon after I hope to get the newest addition running. A commercial 40" LCD. I'll be able to run pictures, videos, advertising, all kinds of fun.

DSC00690 (resized).JPGDSC00690 (resized).JPG
    #107 1 year ago

Just finished spiffing up machines for the event.

Let the good times roll !

#108 1 year ago

First work trip in 2.5 years and it’s the week of this Happy 50th! Wish I could make it.

#109 1 year ago

I'm trying to remember what my local arcades ever did for me to make me feel appreciated, and the answer is nothing, other than making feel like I was an annoyance.

Lloyd, you are a treasure.

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I'm trying to remember what my local arcades ever did for me to make me feel appreciated, and the answer is nothing, other than making feel like I was an annoyance.

Lloyd, you are a treasure.

Thank you for the kind words my friend.

I've done different things through the years. Give kids an extra quarter or two or treated them to a few games. My Russian customers got their pool free if they came in on the Orthodox Christmas. Last two Goose parties were free. When the economy tanked I reduced the entry price of the Pinball Circus, and left some in reduced further or free ( didn't want somebody on hard times miss out on the fun ) One year had about 7 Pinball Picnics - 4pm set four pins on the front row on free play, 6 pm had 10 slabs of Famous Dave's ribs dropped off, 7pm tournament for $100 on those four pins, 40th Anniversary was free, as well as this one.

I know who got me here and want them to know I appreciate their support.

#111 1 year ago

Rando here who has popped in a few times over the past few years, often while my daughter was at a birthday party at Roller Garden (RIP). I've since moved way east but I'm excited to cut out of work early and be a part of the celebration.

#112 1 year ago

Maybe you have already done this, if not that image on the screen would be awesome on t shirts.

Quoted from LTG:

Won't be ready for the party. But soon after I hope to get the newest addition running. A commercial 40" LCD. I'll be able to run pictures, videos, advertising, all kinds of fun.

#113 1 year ago

Number fucking ONE BABY
    HAPPY 50th anniversary for arcades don't think you have any peers
    LTG for the win.

#114 1 year ago
    Quoted from TAVsPlace:

Maybe you have already done this, if not that image on the screen would be awesome on t shirts.

Rubberpoultry on RGP made that for me many years ago. I have the EPS files. And the plan has always been to do shirts, caps, and mugs, but something else always comes up.

Please don't suggest any online place that makes them and sells them and I get a cut. I don't want the artwork I paid for floating around out there.

If I ever do it, it will be done locally.

#115 1 year ago

if you do get around to making them I am in as am sure are many others.

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I'm trying to remember what my local arcades ever did for me to make me feel appreciated, and the answer is nothing,

F' em.

If you ever get to my place, I'll make it up to you.

#117 1 year ago

Look what followed me home.

DSC00691 (resized).JPGDSC00691 (resized).JPGDSC00692 (resized).JPGDSC00692 (resized).JPG
    #118 1 year ago

First out of state attendee has arrived.

#119 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Look what followed me home

Do I see a cheese pump? Looking forward to swinging by on Tuesday. Congrats in advance!

#120 1 year ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Do I see a cheese pump?

Yes. Yes you do.

#121 1 year ago

I really tried my damndest. Three trials in October I’m already prepping for prevented me from booking, but I really wanted to make it. I still plan on visiting at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Really wanted to be there for the 50th bash though Lloyd. I’m sure it will be a hoot.

#122 1 year ago

Hard to believe that in the evening on this date 50 years ago, the city of Hopkins approved the transfer of the license from Sam Snelling to us. Norm Pink, the manager of Advance Carter, the company that had the machines in the business, came with too for support.

Tonight after I close is set things up. Tomorrow morning is go get supplies.

It is starting to get real, after all the days anticipating it. Count down isn't in days anymore. Now it's slightly less than 24 hours.

#123 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I still plan on visiting at some point,

I hope you can. Safe journeys my friend !

#124 1 year ago

Im out flying Lloyd, sorry I wont be there to celebrate with you all. Never did get to enjoy that Big Bang Bar!

Maybe soon when the Vikings are in town.

Jim

06A1DF64-C350-4BA6-A655-8EAA8BB1F741 (resized).jpeg06A1DF64-C350-4BA6-A655-8EAA8BB1F741 (resized).jpeg
    #125 1 year ago

LLoyd - best wishes for your 50th - I wish I could attend, but life tends to get in the way.

I've followed your posts here and RGP for quite awhile - keep them coming!

#126 1 year ago

Twas the night before the 50th Anniversary Party
    And all through the house
    Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
    I in my kerchief and Prada in her cap
    Were settling in for a brief nap
    When all of a sudden there arose such a clatter
    I sprang from my chair to see what was the matter
    When what to my wondrous surprise should appear
    But an apparition of Harry Williams so very clear
    As he disappeared into the night I heard him say
    Well done LTG : ) enjoy your day !

DSC00693 (resized).JPGDSC00693 (resized).JPGDSC00694 (resized).JPGDSC00694 (resized).JPG
    #127 1 year ago

Congratulations, Lloyd! An incredible accomplishment.

Thanks for all you do and have done to help people - I hope to travel your way one day and play some games at SS Billiards!

Enjoy your 50th(!!) Anniversary, and hope all have a great time today.

#128 1 year ago

Let me also offer my official congratulations since today is officially the day. Congrats! Take pride in knowing what you have accomplished over those 50 years. You’ve contributed so much to the hobby, not just locally but worldwide.

There is only one Bob Dylan. There is only one Howard Stern. There is only one Jerry Seinfeld. There is only one Lloyd. In the pinball world, there will never be another you. Another person with a legacy of 50 years. Again, congratulations on your accomplishment!

#129 1 year ago

Congratulations Lloyd on your 50th Anniversary celebration today!

#130 1 year ago

Happy 50 Lloyd! Wish I cold be there.

#131 1 year ago

Congratulations!
    To put this in perspective I turn 50 in January. I was literally inside my mommy when you opened this business.

#132 1 year ago

Congrats Lloyd!

#133 1 year ago

Lloyd, I've been on Pinside long enough that I remember you announcing your 50th anniversary at the conclusion of your 40th. Never would have predicted everything that you've gone through in those 10 years, the least of which was navigating a freaking pandemic. Job well done.

#134 1 year ago

Congrats Lloyd! Someday I hope to visit and meet you! Your a great asset to this community, and 50 years is one achievement that is very rare!
    Here's to the next 50! (we know that your a supper hero)
    Jim

#135 1 year ago

CONGRATS on 50 years Lloyd!

#136 1 year ago

Congrats, you dirty old man! Wish I could be there, but a 12-hour round trip is not compatible with a young child and endless list of chores. I’ll have to live vicariously with my previous party souvenirs.
    0749442B-7F8C-43A0-B631-01093D2C98DB (resized).jpeg0749442B-7F8C-43A0-B631-01093D2C98DB (resized).jpeg

#137 1 year ago

Congratulations on the amazing milestone from a guy that you have never met that appreciates all you do. You are an amazing asset to the community.

Cheers!

#138 1 year ago

And the rare, extremely limited souvenir is unveiled.

50mug (resized).JPG50mug (resized).JPG50mug2 (resized).JPG50mug2 (resized).JPG
    #139 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

And the rare, extremely limited souvenir is unveiled.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Man I hope I get there early enough to get mugged!

#140 1 year ago
    Quoted from J-Freeze:

Man I hope I get there early enough!

I was thinking about that too but now I’m starting to worry about parking spots. I know there’s a lot there but you never know. I have no idea what time and if I would arrive today.

#141 1 year ago

Congratulations! Wish I could be there to shake your hand.

#142 1 year ago

Congratulations!

#143 1 year ago

Congrats on your golden anniversary, LTG !

#144 1 year ago

Congrats on 50 yrs Lloyd! We wish we could be there! We haven't been back to the Twin Cities since everything shut down a couple years ago, so we are long overdue! Too bad it couldn't have been today

#145 1 year ago

50th Anniversary Party is underway.

Oooooooo....................Cheese Pump !

50x1 (resized).JPG50x1 (resized).JPG50x2 (resized).JPG50x2 (resized).JPG
    #146 1 year ago

Congrats! amazing accomplishment!!!!!!!!!!!!

#147 1 year ago

Congrats, LTG!! Wish I could make it. One day.

What format are you doing for the tourney?

#148 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

50th Anniversary Party is underway.
    Oooooooo....................Cheese Pump !
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats, Lloyd! Happy 50th year of professionally dealing with assholes!

Hopefully someday soon I’ll caress your sweet cheese pump!

#149 1 year ago

You have always been nice to me since I started collecting in 2000. The old rgp days. Thank you. Enjoy your day!

#150 1 year ago

If you try leaving too early Hopkins PD pulls you over

5625B947-3CAB-4874-97C8-1195D29F4424 (resized).jpeg5625B947-3CAB-4874-97C8-1195D29F4424 (resized).jpeg
    There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/50th-anniversary-party/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.