Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Colsond3
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

50x4 (resized).JPG
    50x3 (resized).JPG
    50x5 (resized).JPG
    C04665AE-9070-46F4-B99C-C85C9CA575B2 (resized).png
    E435F6B9-ED14-451C-90DD-796736CEF32C (resized).jpeg
    7B449E8E-1176-4BA4-BD82-82CD809C54CE (resized).jpeg
    5625B947-3CAB-4874-97C8-1195D29F4424 (resized).jpeg
    50x2 (resized).JPG
    50x1 (resized).JPG
    50mug (resized).JPG
    50mug2 (resized).JPG
    0749442B-7F8C-43A0-B631-01093D2C98DB (resized).jpeg
    DSC00694 (resized).JPG
    DSC00693 (resized).JPG
    06A1DF64-C350-4BA6-A655-8EAA8BB1F741 (resized).jpeg
    DSC00692 (resized).JPG
    There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Finally some good news.

Doesn't get better than making it to 50 years, Lloyd .

#53 1 year ago

If anybody needs a suggestion on what to get me for my 50th anniversary party.

One of those Stern Pinball Alley signs to hang on the south wall near the front would be nice.

LTG : )

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

One of those Stern Pinball Alley signs to hang on the south wall near the front would be nice.

Are those signs sold anywhere or do you have to have a stern connection to get one produced?

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Quoted from thekaiser82:

Are those signs sold anywhere or do you have to have a stern connection to get one produced?

Maybe Jared knows?

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

They were on Stern's website briefly for $2400 when they first came out.

Since then I've only seen them at shows, Stern's set up. Or at distributors show rooms.

A few have been sold for around $6K, according to Pinside posts.

#57 1 year ago

Stern pinball alley sign bump.

#58 1 year ago

Souvenirs arrived in time for the event.

Was worried they wouldn't make it.

Some lucky attendees will be very happy.

goldengoose (resized).JPGgoldengoose (resized).JPG
    #59 1 year ago

Sweet, I always wanted a ladder!

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Sweet, I always wanted a ladder!

Somebody is going home happy. The boxes are my stuff not for the event.

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

They were on Stern's website briefly for $2400 when they first came out.
    Since then I've only seen them at shows, Stern's set up. Or at distributors show rooms.
    A few have been sold for around $6K, according to Pinside posts.

Found one for a mere $5465.54
    https://www.thailandpooltables.com/stern-pinball-alley-sign.html
    oh, it's Thailand so shipping shouldn't be a problem!

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Found one for a mere $5465.54
    https://www.thailandpooltables.com/stern-pinball-alley-sign.html
    oh, it's Thailand so shipping shouldn't be a problem!

Thank you. I'd rather something closer for the gift giver.

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Thank you. I'd rather something closer for the gift giver.

We should be able to get enough donations to purchase one if we can find it. I will kick it off and pledge $1,000 towards one. Maybe someone from Stern can help locate one.

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

We should be able to get enough donations to purchase one if we can find it. I will kick it off and pledge $1,000 towards one. Maybe someone from Stern can help locate one.

Great American Pinball has a couple I believe.

And please don't. While I really appreciate your sincerity and generous offer. This was supposed to be one of my gag posts.

I am sorry and hope I don't offend anyone.

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

This was supposed to be one of my gag posts.

Thanks for clearing that up, Lloyd.

Didn't sound like you. I seriously thought someone got ahold of your Pinside account.

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

And please don't. While I really appreciate your sincerity and generous offer. This was supposed to be one of my gag posts.

I sent email to Stern, see what they come back with.

You delivery of jokes needs worked on LOL! Seriously Lloyd with all the help you given over the years I, for one, would have no issue chipping in! Your only issue will be where to put the sign if you were to get it.

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Gag or not it is a cool sign and would awesome to have!

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Thanks for clearing that up, Lloyd.

My pleasure.

At the time I was approached by a person wanting to put a group of people together to sponsor my anniversary party. The anniversary parties have always been all on me. My way of thanking people that got me this far. I said no. ( people do bring in pop and snacks to my pinball events, that is different, to join in the fun )

They countered with wanting to do something else. I went ballistic. I've been helped in the past. I don't want to look like I keep going to the well. Years ago I was gifted the Spiderman pin, which in retrospect I should have refused. People helped when Kris ran the refresh nine years ago. People helped during covid.

So when I wanted to bump my 50th anniversary thread. Late at night, I thought it would be funny to put in what people should get me as a gift.

At the time it seemed funny to me, all things considered.

It wasn't, and I'm sorry.
    Lloyd

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

You delivery of jokes needs worked on LOL!

Sadly, I was posting it as my point of view. Which many didn't know.

I'll go back to my PTC and EFL gags.

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

My pleasure.
    At the time I was approached by a person wanting to put a group of people together to sponsor my anniversary party. The anniversary parties have always been all on me. My way of thanking people that got me this far. I said no. ( people do bring in pop and snacks to my pinball events, that is different, to join in the fun )
    They countered with wanting to do something else. I went ballistic. I've been helped in the past. I don't want to look like I keep going to the well. Years ago I was gifted the Spiderman pin, which in retrospect I should have refused. People helped when Kris ran the refresh nine years ago. People helped during covid.
    So when I wanted to bump my 50th anniversary thread. Late at night, I thought it would be funny to put in what people should get me as a gift.
    Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd. Totally respect your position. Looking forward to your interview later this week!

#71 1 year ago

To get back on track of the 50th Anniversary event. Here is a teaser of what came today.

annimug (resized).JPGannimug (resized).JPG

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Sadly, I was posting it as my point of view. Which many didn't know.
    I'll go back to my PTC and EFL gags.

Yeah there's probably a good reason neither you or I are selling out comedy clubs!

Nonetheless, Happy 50th from CA Lloyd! Big accomplishment to make 50 years in any business, especially one that saw such a decline for a few, if not more, decades.

PROST!

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

To get back on track of the 50th Anniversary event. Here is a teaser of what came today.
    [quoted image]

Hmmm Blue Beer Mugs .... odd choice in color!

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

odd choice in color!

Many of my event mugs and Expo mugs were of this color.

#75 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

odd choice in color!

My personal favorite.

2018exmug (resized).JPG2018exmug (resized).JPG
    #76 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You reminded me of when I was having a baby shower for my first born. Was told to do a gift registry, because that's what people do. I put 2 plasma TVs on the list because I thought it was ridiculous and funny. Turns out it started a very serious conversation of people wanting to pool together to get it. I had the same reaction as you when I realized people had taken me seriously.

All the best, Lloyd.

#77 1 year ago

Damn I’ve just seen this thread. I wish I could make this

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I put 2 plasma TVs on the list because I thought it was ridiculous and funny.

Mine stemmed from when I wanted to put a Stern Pinball Alley sign above my row of jjp games some time ago.

At the time I thought it fitting and hilarious.

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

Gag or not it is a cool sign and would awesome to have!

Not a gag. At some point I will buy one and use it as I intended.

#80 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Not a gag. At some point I will buy one and use it as I intended.

How many days left Lloyd?

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I can’t math very well but I think 15

#82 1 year ago

I wanted to go to this really badly, but between the outrageous airfare and money I'd lose from lessons for two days (and missing work), I'd be out well over a thousand bucks. I love you Lloyd! I wish you great success but sadly just can't make the trip.

#83 1 year ago

15 days.

There is a lot to do. Unfortunately mostly the last night or morning of. And then the day after morning to get things back to storage.

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

but sadly just can't make the trip.

Darn another loss.

Steve Charland, Lyman, Martin Ayub has to work. And now the Boob.

Won't be many left. May as well cancel it and dump the souvenirs.

LTG : (

#85 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Darn another loss.
    Steve Charland, Lyman, Martin Ayub has to work. And now the Boob.
    Won't be many left. May as well cancel it and dump the souvenirs.
    LTG : (

Don't dump them, sell them online! Put me down for one.

#87 1 year ago

Lloyd !!! You made the top 10 attractions in Hopkins MN.

Too cool. thank you.

Way better than when I was on the best bar list. Especially since I wasn't a bar.

#88 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

My pleasure.
    Lloyd

Late night posting can be a bitch sometimes. Except keep doing your stories after having some in the confessional thread

#89 1 year ago

Maaaan I just mapped where I lived a few years ago to your place. 6 minutes away haha. Crazy that I was right next door for several years but didn’t get into the hobby until afterwards. Won’t be around for this but definitely plan to stop in next time I’m in the area. Congrats on the milestone!

#90 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Late night posting can be a bitch sometimes.

Only 3,668 shopping days left to my 60th anniversary.

#91 1 year ago

Lol! I’m definitely using that one!

Quoted from EJS:I can’t math very well but I think 15

#93 1 year ago

Big day getting closer.

Lack of response from manufacturers, distributors, and mod makers, is mind boggling. A great time to meet potential new customers from all over pinball land.

Oh well. Their loss. We'll still have a blast. Pop, hot dogs, cheese pump, Famous Dave's ribs, Jets pizza, and souvenirs. And 22 pinball machines on free play.

#94 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Big day getting closer.
    Lack of response from manufacturers, distributors, and mod makers, is mind boggling. A great time to meet potential new customers from all over pinball land.
    Oh well. Their loss. We'll still have a blast. Pop, hot dogs, cheese pump, Famous Dave's ribs, Jets pizza, and souvenirs. And 22 pinball machines on free play.

Sweet, I'll wear my pants described on the 2018 mug!

#95 1 year ago

How late is the festivities planned? I have had two people book me that day one in the morning and the other mid day. Hopefully I’d at least have time to stop in and say hi real quick. pinballplusMN wants to make it there and I know DavidLee has this on his calendar.

#96 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

How late is the festivities planned?

Until midnight. Maybe later if we have out of state/country visitors. Just not guaranteeing anything past midnight.

#97 1 year ago

Getting closer. One week from today.

#98 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Getting closer. One week from today.

Week from today is also the new release date for 007. Be something if someone at Stern said "hey let's get Lloyd a 007 machine to reveal at his 50th".

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Week from today is also the new release date for 007. Be something if someone at Stern said "hey let's get Lloyd a 007 machine to reveal at his 50th".

Better yet, JJP should send him a game in apprciation for the years of volunteer work that Lloyd did for them before he was unceremoniously dismissed.

#100 1 year ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Better yet, JJP should send him a game in apprciation for the years of volunteer work that Lloyd did for them before he was unceremoniously dismissed.

JJP I am sure will "send him a game" Lloyd just has to pay for it first!

Just figure with Stern they could send a 007, actually get a distro close to Lloyd to loan the machine to him for a week or so. Then it can be sold as a display game.

Why we wasting time discussing it, neither company going to do anything. Back to Lloyd's party!

There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/50th-anniversary-party/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.