Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2463.jpg
image-504.jpg
KO_Rollover.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dropdeadhippie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Finished up with my 1950 Gottlieb knockout but there is one last thing that's driving me nuts. The game has a star rollover/insert where there should be a round one. So I'm desperately trying to track down the correct rollover button and insert. I've been looking around for one for over a year now but no luck. I got one that appeared close to correct but the hole the white button went through was way too big so the white button just flopped around all over.

The star rollover looks out of place and I'd really like to put this final issue to bed. Anyone who has the correct insert, button assembly please help me out here!

Looks like correct insert should be red and measure about 1 3/16". This is a pic from ipdb of the correct assembly

KO_Rollover.jpgKO_Rollover.jpg

Thanks,
Matt

#3 9 years ago

Yea those are the buttons. The problem is I don't have the insert they go in. Don't have the proper switch either but I can probably come up with something for that. The red 1 3/16" insert that those buttons go with is my main problem. If someone has the proper insert assembly just name your price! I want to be done with this game soooo badly

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Have you talked to Steve at Pinball Resource? He may have an extra complete used button assembly off a parts machine he can sell you. Worth asking IMO.
Ken

Yea I asked steve last year and he sent me an insert that was kinda close, but the hole in the middle is about 4 times the size of the button shaft - so the button flops around to the point of being unusable.

#7 9 years ago

Someomne on RGP mentioned he thinks I have the right insert but that the 50s gottliebs may have used a button with a much larger shaft. That could very well be the case. So at this point I guess I really don't know if the insert I have is correct and the "old style" button that PBR sells is wrong for my game - or - if the button is correct and the insert with the large hole isn't correct for my game. Wish I knew more about these 50s gottliebs because this is a real mystery to me

#11 9 years ago

Well I got in touch with steve young again and he insisted the white "old style" button they sell is indeed the correct button for my game. Therefore I guess once again it seems that the correct insert top go with that button is indeed what I need to find. Gonna drive me to drink I swear .....

#12 9 years ago

an yes from a purly functional standpoint the star rollover is probably better but I've gone to great lengths to keep this game orig and I'd hate to fail with this last piece.

#14 9 years ago

OK,

Got some knockout owners to send me some pics

Turns out that the white rollover button PBR sells is indeed correct but the red insert I have is wrong. My insert has a large opening for the button that is way bigger than the correct insert. So I just need to find the unobtainable correct red insert shown in this pic. At least now I know what part I need. THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Matt Fenn

IMG_2463.jpgIMG_2463.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dropdeadhippie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/50s-rollover-needed?tu=dropdeadhippie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.