• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2dollars (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

ebay.com link: The Big Lebowski Pinball Machine New 32 Impossibly Rare

"Where to start... The Big Lebowski pinball machine may very well be the greatest pin ever made.

It is now the rarest non-prototype machine ever produced. Designed by Dutch Pinball of The Netherlands, this game took nearly 3 years to license, design, test and produce. Inner-company scandals, licensing issues, embezzlement of funds... this all happened with Dutch Pinball. And now, with the machines ready to be produced and distributed, another problem, the ultimate nail in the coffin...on March 25, 2017, Dutch announced in an e-mail a permanent stoppage in production and shipping (which ceased in October, 2016) due to a business dispute with a former partnering firm (who will no longer acknowledge or communicate with Dutch) over a financial dispute that has been on-going for nearly 2 years. It is very likely to put Dutch Pinball out of business, as they may face a costly legal battle which could easily bankrupt them, while simultaneously shafting all unfulfilled game order depositors.

Only 300 machines were initially slated to be produced (these were long-ago sold out), but only 36 machines were actually produced and made it out of the factory, distributed world wide. I placed my order for this machine on the day it was announced. I risked thousands of dollars in deposits, which I thought were gone for good when the company seemed like it was run by a bunch of clowns and the money appeared likely to be stolen. I had a former executive from the company, who I believed had taken off with the money, bizarrely invite me to come eat ice cream with him at his apartment somewhere in Europe as his response to my demands for a refund when things looked the bleakest... things always looked bleak right up until the day the machine was delivered to my door.

The game itself is a pinball engineering marvel. These guys are brilliant engineers and designers who managed to incorporate two amazing, never-before seen features into this machine. The rolling rug, which rolls back with each ball strike to ultimately reveal a trap door, is off the charts amazing. And, there is a fully functional bowling alley under the field, two different bowling modes, an engineering gem. There's also a very unique single-flipper upper play field with 4 different things going on up there, including a replica of The Dude's car which rotates out of a hidden garage and serves as a bash toy.

The build quality is the best I've ever seen. It's heavy and solid as a tank. This machine looks gorgeous, both the cabinet art combined with chromed legs and hardware, as well as the back glass and play field. It plays like a golden-era Bally/Williams machine. The theming is spot on... they did an incredible job of incorporating the movie into the game. From great scenes to one liners, it's seamlessly part of the game. I have the most up-to-date version of the code installed, which came out just in time to fix the few original coding bugs.

Most people will never even see a final production Big Lebowski machine. They are far too valuable to put in any arcade. This game is now the most desirable and valuable (non-prototype) pinball machine ever. It is a high-end collectible, investment-grade unit. Of the few that will ever exist, this will probably be the only opportunity you will ever get to own one.

Included with the game will be a brand new rug, produced by Dutch Pinball as a runner to go under the machine. It's still rolled up in the original packaging.

I also have the shipping box, you can have it if you want it (it will be folded flat), as well as proof of purchase, original delivery receipt.

White-glove shipping to any location within the continental US is included.

Serious inquires only please. I believe this will be an appreciating asset, demand will forever greatly surpass supply."

#2 7 years ago

What a joke, I wouldn't go a penny over $48k.

#3 7 years ago

It would really tie the room together.

#4 7 years ago

I would take it if it were still NIB.

#5 7 years ago

Dead serious, 10K by X-mas.

#6 7 years ago

I like his style ... free white-glove shipping.

#7 7 years ago

What I don't understand is if he thinks it's so great, why is he wanting to sell it?

#8 7 years ago

I'm selling my Addams Gold, AFM, Hobbit, MB, SS and RRWOZ to get this great deal.

#9 7 years ago

What a shyster

#10 7 years ago

Does this mean my #30 is worth more or less than 50k?

#11 7 years ago

"I risked thousands of dollars in deposits, which I thought were gone for good when the company seemed like it was run by a bunch of clowns and the money appeared likely to be stolen. I had a former executive from the company, who I believed had taken off with the money, bizarrely invite me to come eat ice cream with him at his apartment somewhere in Europe as his response to my demands for a refund when things looked the bleakest... things always looked bleak right up until the day the machine was delivered to my door."

#12 7 years ago

For the record, it isn't mine. This being said, if someone has 50k burning a hole in your pocket, let me know

This looks very.. dunno.. inspired by certain podcasts that say something is collectable if it has a good story.. sure spent a lot of time inventing a narrative here that is a bit over the top.

#13 7 years ago

When something doesn't sell,go up in price.Yet it doesn't work, or only works for a short period of time when interest is high.
Our attention spans,and the value of our desires,is fleeting.

#14 7 years ago

This reminds me why I am glad my collection is done and I just enjoy playing what I have. what a cluster f**k

#15 7 years ago

"Dear Sir:
I am interested in only your rug mentioned in your ad.

Unlike the actual game itself, with your rug I will never have to worry about any future availability of replacement parts, a warranty guarantee which may (or may not) become void once the OEM (may or may not) go out of business, and the added drudgery which will surely come from having to perform future code updates.

Your rug would not only tie the room together, as noted by others, but it has just one job to do - and frankly, it does it well.

PS: For my $49,995, please also include your shipping box (folded flat).
PPS: White-glove shipping appreciated.

Thank you."

#16 7 years ago

It could be really smart, actually. He knows no one will pay it, but it could be step one to creating a mystique about the Lebowski's. For years, non-pinhead KISS fans all dreamed of owning a Bally's KISS. It was the holy grail of any Kiss collection. Lots of Lebowski freaks out there...

#17 7 years ago

This guys is clearly out of his element.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

It could be really smart, actually. He knows no one will pay it, but it could be step one to creating a mystique about the Lebowski's. For years, non-pinhead KISS fans all dreamed of owning a Bally's KISS. It was the holy grail of any Kiss collection. Lots of Lebowski freaks out there...

That could be bang on, actually.

#19 7 years ago

I'm just gonna go find a cash machine...

#20 7 years ago

That true? That only 36 have been made so far? Guess I'm pretty lucky to have one on location close to me. Played it a few times, but has had some issues. Looks like they may be resolved.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

That true? That only 36 have been made so far? Guess I'm pretty lucky to have one on location close to me. Played it a few times, but has had some issues. Looks like they may be resolved.

I *think* 36 are delivered, but a couple hundred more are complete and sitting in storage at a subcontractor's facility while some lawyers duke it out.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I *think* 36 are delivered, but a couple hundred more are complete and sitting in storage at a subcontractor's facility while some lawyers duke it out.

Not quite. 50+ have been shipped to North America & Europe. Another 40 +/- (including mine) have supposedly been built and sitting in Holland factory since last fall.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Another 40 +/- (including mine) have supposedly been built and sitting in Holland factory since last fall.

That's annoying.
Sounds like a knuckle-busting trip is in order.

#24 7 years ago

People are always overconfident when they think they have something super rare like this... you know, dreams of BBB type value. It's kind of comical when you look at if from the outside. Owners are probably thinking of snagging a few more to get that fake high.

What non-owners see is a game that has a troubled company, no replacement parts which is HUGE (just look at the guy that has a game and the entire bowling alley stopped working day one!), and light code which has been worked on for over 2 years and really has no excuse to be as light as it is. Owners think they've struck the lottery. Outsiders see a potential $10K+ coffee table.

I had someone reach out and offer their game to me for $17K.. not only "no way", but "no F**king way". I love the theme, but like most here, have common sense and would never pay that.

If the owners of this game truly loved the theme and got in early, you would think if it's that good they wouldn't want to sell it.. but they'd sell it for ridiculous money, which is probably where the $50K is coming from. Plus what does it cost to list something this ridiculous on ebay.. not much, so why not go for it.

Now I'm waiting for the news from DP that negotiations were successful and games will start shipping again.. it's optimistic but not as optimistic as the guy listing his game for $50K.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

People are always overconfident when they think they have something super rare like this... you know, dreams of BBB type value. It's kind of comical when you look at if from the outside. Owners are probably thinking of snagging a few more to get that fake high.
What non-owners see is a game that has a troubled company, no replacement parts which is HUGE (just look at the guy that has a game and the entire bowling alley stopped working day one!), and light code which has been worked on for over 2 years and really has no excuse to be as light as it is. Owners think they've struck the lottery. Outsiders see a potential $10K+ coffee table.

I had someone reach out and offer their game to me for $17K.. not only "no way", but "no F**king way". I love the theme, but like most here, have common sense and would never pay that.
If the owners of this game truly loved the theme and got in early, you would think if it's that good they wouldn't want to sell it.. but they'd sell it for ridiculous money, which is probably where the $50K is coming from. Plus what does it cost to list something this ridiculous on ebay.. not much, so why not go for it.
Now I'm waiting for the news from DP that negotiations were successful and games will start shipping again.. it's optimistic but not as optimistic as the guy listing his game for $50K.

I was recently offering $11.5k for an actual TBL, but after further consideration, I came to many of the same opinions you mention, so have begged off the search and given up looking. Main downsides - no customer or tech support from DP, no available parts, the few broken games reported on Pinside have no remedy in sight, code needs more attention, Aurich never produced the burning joint mod and I don't want an expensive coffee table.

Maybe one day this mess will be cleaned up and NIB TBL's with complete code will be available in US for $10k. That would give me pause. Even then, it is difficult to pay $10k for a cool toy and I'd have to convince myself I wasn't totally crazy.

Back to topic, no way this TBL will sell. There are unrealistic expectations by at least one party.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Sounds like a knuckle-busting trip is in order.

2dollars (resized).jpg2dollars (resized).jpg

#27 7 years ago

"It is now the rarest non-prototype machine ever produced."

His first statement is already inaccurate, as he does not know pinball game production or manufacturer history.

I did not need to read the rest, regardless of current controversy of the title in question.

#28 7 years ago

Another MG situation
-Mike

#29 7 years ago

Well he knows it's worth more than MG I'll give him that. But good luck fixing it if something ever goes south. This title will be like owning a boat.
Bust Out Another Thousand

I didn't realize CL was the High End go to site.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

It would really tie the room together.

man

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

15,000 (OBO)
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/50k-tbl-cant-decide-if-this-is-a-craigslist-laugh-or-not?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.