Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by adol75
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

So I have $5,000 spend on pins or a single pin. Was thinking about the Metallica but I could buy two pins maybe a black hole and another instead of just one. What would you do with $5k?

#2 4 years ago

Metallica is a great game !! But I get what your saying 2 pins for that price
    Black Hole, Judge Dredd. Haunted House Black Hole.
    Shadow Space Station

#3 4 years ago

Iron Maiden

#5 4 years ago

Lots of factors.
    How many games do you have now?
    What games?
    What themes do you like?
    What kind of gameplay do you like?

If it was me, Id buy a stern pro or some flavor or another. Then use the $500 left over for mods.

#6 4 years ago

I just bought an MGC show special Monster Bash Remake for $5500. Basically a brand new Monster Bash for the price of a Stern Pro game.

#7 4 years ago

If I had $5k laying around, I would buy either a GOTG or BK3 pro. If I didn't have any pins already, I would pick the Stern pro that interests me most (or one of the undervalued LEs, X-Men especially which is one of the best bangs for the buck available now). Metallica is a great choice if you like the theme and gameplay. Other greats that pop into mind are Star Trek, Spiderman, Game of Thrones, Deadpool, Star Wars (though this one is polarizing).

The idea of two lower end pins makes sense, but for me personally, there are no two ~$2500 games anymore that interest me more than any of the above Sterns.

#8 4 years ago

Met pro
    TWD pro
    SM
    TNA
    ST pro
    AcDc pro
    IM
    Tspp

#9 4 years ago

Sometimes you can get more enjoyment from one game you love than 2 games you like.
    My method was to stack rank a few games that I would like to own, and patiently waited a couple of months until I caught a good deal on one. For me it was Deadpool, which I do recommend, but some folks don't like it especially up against Metallica or Maiden.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Lots of factors.
    How many games do you have now?
    What games?
    What themes do you like?
    What kind of gameplay do you like?
    If it was me, Id buy a stern pro or some flavor or another. Then use the $500 left over for mods.

I'm just getting into pinball. I have a bunch of arcade games but only one pin. 1976 fireball home model

#11 4 years ago

Have you been to the Sanctum in Meriden? If not, you should go next Monday and you can check out a bunch of different games from all different eras and make a more informed, hands on decision.

#12 4 years ago

Buy one HUO SAM Stern... Star Trek, Walking Dead. Metallica. Not two projects...Nope

#13 4 years ago

Ripleys. Great game. LOADED. One of Stern's great ones

#14 4 years ago

I'd think about going towards a $1500.00 SS game and a $3500.00 dmd.

Flintstones, T2, Shadow, BSD, bunch of others...as for SS games, there are hundreds to choose from.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jasenwm:

I'm just getting into pinball.

I'd definitely recommend going out there and seeing what you like... I mean obviously you like MET, but also go check out a bunch of 80s and 90s games and see if you'd rather have 1 or 2.

I was in your exact same position a few years ago when my collection started to grow. I had just enough then for a MET Pro and was about to pull the trigger and instead I got a WCS and BF... two games that play and feel wildly different, yet complemented each other very well. It also gave my son and guests some variety. Not everyone will understand what to do in MET, but something like WCS it's pretty easy to understand to shoot a goal.

If you go out there and find that some of the older games just aren't grabbing you, get the MET Pro + a sub.

#16 4 years ago

Met Pro
    MB remake
    Iron Maiden Pro
    Should be able to find all of these NIB or HUO for close to 5500.

#17 4 years ago

Ripley’s Or Met 100%! A Star Trek pro is another good idea but liked it the least out of the 3.

#18 4 years ago

Save a bit longer and then you can get an awesome pin instead of a really good pin!

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jasenwm:

I'm just getting into pinball. I have a bunch of arcade games but only one pin. 1976 fireball home model

Snag the blackhole (if nice) and get an easier bally/williams game to go with it. BH can be really hard, but its a fun and satisfying game.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Ripley’s Or Met 100%! A Star Trek pro is another good idea but liked it the least out of the 3.

I got my ST and Ripley's around the same time and still have my ST. I sold my Ripley's because it was too stop-and-go in my small collection. PF is loaded, but there were so many dead end shots and waiting, I just couldn't do it anymore. If it was my only game, I'd be tired of it quick, which I know can be said for any game, but especially one making me wait after each shot.

#21 4 years ago

Me personally? Whirlwind and Baywatch (or insert comparably priced 90s DMD of your choice here).

#22 4 years ago

Eyeing up a Deadpool Pro myself for around that price.

#23 4 years ago

Iron Maiden.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

I got my ST and Ripley's around the same time and still have my ST. I sold my Ripley's because it was too stop-and-go in my small collection.

Yeah, I solved that by picking up Met shortly after and it’s been totally down hill from there

Would definitely love another ST at some point, deep fast and great shooting.

If I truly was sticking to a 5k budget forever I’d want a system 11 and an early SS, trust me one is never enough!

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Sometimes you can get more enjoyment from one game you love than 2 games you like.

This. You can buy a lot of low end pins for $5000 but that's not going to be fun. Getting an awesome game you really enjoy playing is key.

#26 4 years ago

So I've been collecting video games for 30 years I'm 42. I have about 22 consoles and few arcade cabs some I built. My list of pinball I WANT are black hole, haunted house, wipe out, Metallica, rescue 911,. I was going to get a virtual pin but I kinna want the real deal even though it's $$$

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Capinball:

Have you been to the Sanctum in Meriden? If not, you should go next Monday and you can check out a bunch of different games from all different eras and make a more informed, hands on decision.

Thanks man I'll definitely check that out

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jasenwm:

So I've been collecting video games for 30 years I'm 42. I have about 22 consoles and few arcade cabs some I built. My list of pinball I WANT are black hole, haunted house, wipe out, Metallica, rescue 911,. I was going to get a virtual pin but I kinna want the real deal even though it's $$$

NO VP....NOOOOOO

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jasenwm:

Black Hole is a ton of fun to own... way better player than Haunted House.

Pick up a Black Hole.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jasenwm:

Virtual pinball (when done as correctly as it can be done) can be a fun alternative addition to a collection but it is in no way a replacement for a physical pinball machine.

#31 4 years ago

Can you get new NIB pro models for 5k delivered or is that $5799 the actual price for new pro? I see the $5799 price everywhere.

#32 4 years ago

LOL I was leaning towards it! On another note if you haven't tried playstation vr you need to if you like video games at all its amazing considering its on the low end of vr

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Can you get new NIB pro models for 5k delivered or is that $5799 the actual price for new pro? I see the $5799 price everywhere.

The last time I was quoted was a while ago when SW first came out and I was quoted $5400 street price. Not sure if that has changed since then.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Can you get new NIB pro models for 5k delivered or is that $5799 the actual.

No way $5K but I’ve heard $5599 actual so there is something possible below $5799 advertised might even be lower than $5599 someone PM me if you have a lead on a lower price than $5599. TY

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Don buy NIB. Just liek a car, let some one else drive it off the lot and take the hit. Pros sell for 4500ish all day here, just be patient.

#37 4 years ago

I would go MET pro - out of all my pins I miss it and TWD pre more than any.

if you want 2 pins, whirlwind and Shadow - might need a few more bucks

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

I got my ST and Ripley's around the same time and still have my ST. I sold my Ripley's because it was too stop-and-go in my small collection. PF is loaded, but there were so many dead end shots and waiting, I just couldn't do it anymore. If it was my only game, I'd be tired of it quick, which I know can be said for any game, but especially one making me wait after each shot.

As a former Ripley's owner I agree... Ripley's is a very fun game (and the various wire-forms are super satisfying), but not as fast (it's got 3 scoops/kickout holes) as WD or MET and it is kind of random at times with 6 pops. I've had Medusa, Vector, Ripley's and (still have) Rob Zombie. It would be tough to have any of those as my only pin because all are so different than a standard(ish) design.

#40 4 years ago

Metallica (if you like to shoot toys)
    Maiden (if you like to shoot ramps and loops)
    The Walking Dead (if you want to shoot yourself)

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I would go MET pro - out of all my pins I miss it and TWD pre more than any.
    if you want 2 pins, whirlwind and Shadow - might need a few more bucks

Probably closer to $6000 for Shadow and Whirlwind. Tough to find two great games for $5000.

Don buy NIB. Just liek a car, let some one else drive it off the lot and take the hit. Pros sell for 4500ish all day here, just be patient.

You can even find used MET pros for low $4000's. Tons of them out there and was in production many years. You could play it for a year or so, sell it for same money and get something else.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Probably closer to $6000 for Shadow and Whirlwind. Tough to find two great games for $5000.

Ya agree. People want crazy money for TS and WW right now. Same prices as stern pros...COME ON!

#43 4 years ago

I am in the same boat. Trying to decide on a Metallica or Iron Maiden. But I am really struggling with saving a little more and getting the premium versions. Not a huge fan of IM music and love Metallica. However I like both and simply want the game I enjoy the most. So far I think IM wins. It's a 50/50 split on whether the premium is worth the extra coin on those 2 games.

#44 4 years ago

HUO Metallica Pro/TWD pro is your answer. WW and Shadow are not going to be found for 5k in good shape. 6-7k at this time is more likely.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Iron Man or Ac/Dc if you like to shoot to thrill.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRyan:

I am in the same boat. Trying to decide on a Metallica or Iron Maiden. But I am really struggling with saving a little more and getting the premium versions. Not a huge fan of IM music and love Metallica. However I like both and simply want the game I enjoy the most. So far I think IM wins. It's a 50/50 split on whether the premium is worth the extra coin on those 2 games.

Just get IM and put Metallica music on it. IM is so much more fun of a game. MEtallica just doesnt do it for me.

The metal to metal transition should be pretty unnoticeable. The modes just wont line up with the songs. If that doesnt matter to you, then GAME ON!

#47 4 years ago

Just get IM and put Metallica music on it. IM is so much more fun of a game. MEtallica just doesnt do it for me.
    The metal to metal transition should be pretty unnoticeable. The modes just wont line up with the songs. If that doesnt matter to you, then GAME ON!

I can honestly say, I didn't like Metallica when I first played it. Took me a few times playing it to start to appreciate it. However I enjoyed Iron Maiden from first flip.
    Just trying to decide on Pro or Premium now

#48 4 years ago

So we are just using IM to denote Iron Maiden now?

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Quoted from rai:

Iron Man or Ac/Dc if you like to shoot to thrill.

And I'll add Deadpool if you want to shoot a little bit of everything. If you're a video game fan, you'll love the screen and theme.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

So we are just using IM to denote Iron Maiden now?

Acronym Police Alert. You must live one boring life. LMAO

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/5000-what-you-buying-?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.