IMG_0833 (resized).JPG
IMG_0831 (resized).JPG
IMG_0830 (resized).JPG
IMG_0832 (resized).JPG
IMG_3266 (resized).JPG
AVSevolution1 (resized).png
AVSevolution3 (resized).png
AVSevolution2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider strange.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

So there will be a new luxury Nintendo Entertainment System as of this summer called the Analogue Nt. It will cost $500 (up to $550 with HDMI out) and that's without any controllers. It is marketed as the best possible way to run old 8-Bit NES games without emulation on modern HD Televisions. It is constructed out of aluminum like modern Apple Macbook Pro computers.

http://analogueinteractive.com/

What do you guys think? I would like to have one of these. Not a must buy for me but its still pretty cool...

analogue-nt-nes-6.jpganalogue-nt-nes-6.jpg

#5 9 years ago

I think it's pretty expensive but I definitely want to see how it performs before jumping to further conclusions. I love the NES, especially for the memorable music style of the games. I still want a Neo Geo CMVS console Analogue Interactive sells before one of these Nintendos, but I could totally see myself getting one of these before long.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Their coolest product is the consolized Neo Geo that takes MVS cartridges. It's made of wood and looks bad ass.

I'm actually saving up for a Black Label CMVS Neo Geo made out of cocobolo wood. It's gonna cost me almost 2K for the sucker with 2 matching joysticks. It's worth it to me because its my total grail home video game console and I consider The King of Fighters '98 as the greatest video game ever produced.

black-label-hero-600x250.jpgblack-label-hero-600x250.jpg

Kof98.gifKof98.gif

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I still have my working NES that my dad bought me in 1985. Its in my living room as decoration. I sold my game collection, but it only takes me a few minutes to burn roms on a donor cartridge whenever someone wants to play something.

IMG_1259.jpgIMG_1259.jpg

http://www.stoneagegamer.com/everdrive-n8-deluxe-edition-nes.html

You can buy a cart where you can load up all the roms you would ever need and play on a real NES. Kinda nice, still it's not the same as having the real carts. They don't play 100 perfect of course.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from TunaSled:

^That's badass.
This stuff was meant to be played on original hardware, on a CRT screen. All of which are still available cheaply. Tube TVs are free all day on CL.

I'm not a fan of having a CRT around because any decent screen size weighs a million pounds. There is nothing wrong with things in the past being new again or evolving. The past few years has given birth to a consolized Neo Geo MVS arcade console and a consolized CPS2 arcade board. It's a beautiful thing. Only being possible with modern technology. This Analogue Nt is beautiful as well, it just seems a little expensive is all...

#40 9 years ago

Mega Man 3's "Spark Man Theme" always gets me in the mood to blow over 500 bucks on a new NES.... LOL

4 weeks later
#43 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

If you want a console with HDMI out, in a couple months you can have the Retron 5 for WAY cheaper. It isn't 100% hardware, but unlike previous products they can fix that and it works amazingly. It also happens to play Genesis, SNES and Game Boy Advance games too.

That Retron 5 finally came out. It's seems pretty decent for the price, but it doesn't seem my style because there is still emulation involved.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

just buy an original neo geo cabinet and save yourself the $ for a pin or more mvs cartidges.
that style of controller is awkward and actually after a bit painful to hold onto....unless you plan to nail it to a table.
nothing plays like the real machine based on my experience, unless you get a super gun, but then the controllers are still awkward to hold, and often the sticks and buttons are not like the real deal

I've actually have had an Eightarc fightstick for a couple of years now and have gotten used to it. But yes, at first the thing just seemed not nearly sturdy enough on my lap. Practice makes perfect. I take the aesthetics and small form factor of the wooden CMVS over an original cabinet so I still plan on getting that Analogue Interactive neo geo.

0480_7957.jpg0480_7957.jpg

7 months later
#47 9 years ago

The insides of the Analogue NT is beautiful as well... I guess that matters?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/13/look-at-whats-inside-the-analogue-nt

3jpg-7f792b_960w.jpg3jpg-7f792b_960w.jpg

nes_medium.jpgnes_medium.jpg

#53 9 years ago

NES video game OST track of the the day~

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

my mame arcade can run every NES and SNES game ever made. $500 is pretty steep since you can buy a mame free standing arcade for little more than that.

But it's not Original! And to a purist snob like myself that's worse than death!

Tyson_PunchOut-2.jpgTyson_PunchOut-2.jpg

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Hey Purist That's not original either. Punch Out!! is the original. Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! is the exact same game with Iron Mike added to it in a cash grab by Nintendo. Neither of which match the arcade version.

I consider the NES version far superior to the arcade. The arcade had better visuals and a gimmicky second top screen, that's it. The presentation, music, characters, and gameplay are all superior on the NES. Let's not forget Mario is on the NES version as well as the ref which is excellent. And how annoying is it to hear Little Mac in the arcade say every punch he's doing. So goddamn annoying!

ANNOYING!:

AWESOME!:

#66 9 years ago

Such a shame the creator of the Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! coffee table book wasn't able to get the rights from Nintendo to sell the book. What a waste! It was my dream coffee table book too!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1607016995/pixel-perfect-mike-tysons-punch-out

Mike-Tysons-Punchout-Encyclopedia-2.jpegMike-Tysons-Punchout-Encyclopedia-2.jpeg

#71 9 years ago

~~~~~~~~~~~~~LITTLE MAC FOR PRESIDENT~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SI_WiiU_Amiibo_Figure_LittleMac.pngSI_WiiU_Amiibo_Figure_LittleMac.png

#84 9 years ago

NES video game OST track of the day:

#112 9 years ago

I've not a fan of MAME and VirtualPin cabinets and I don't think I ever will. In terms of trying games you haven't played before and briefly revisiting old games it's a good short term solution, but less has always been more for me and would rather have the few games I really love with enough original integrity as possible. I'm a huge fan of making the old new again, like adding color DMD or LEDS or mods to your pins if that's your thing, but the shit has to stay original for the most part.

The biggest flaw of the new Analogue Nt is not the price, which is relative and subjective if its too much money or not, but that you can't play the light gun games on a modern television. I fuckin' hate CRTS outside of classic arcade machines because any decent size weighs a million pounds and that just sucks balls when it comes to move it, and they tend to break down the second you move them as well. To play possibly the greatest video game console ever made on original hardware in a new aesthetically pretty shell is awesome to me. And I personally like the nostalgic factor of using the original cartridges and controllers. Overall this new NES seems a win to me. It's not the cheapest thing but I can see getting what you pay for in the long run.

NES Bitch.jpgNES Bitch.jpg

#119 9 years ago

CRTS suck balls. Way too heavy for a decent size. 20 inch screen isn't nearly big enough especially in a group setting.

Only in classic arcade cabs do I accept CRT monitors in this day in age.
donkeykongcrt2.jpgdonkeykongcrt2.jpg

#121 9 years ago

... keep that bitch RETRO...

king hippo.jpgking hippo.jpg

1 week later
#131 9 years ago

Blindfolded gamer goes undefeated through Punch-Out!! — including Mike Tyson

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/3/7972215/punch-out-blindfolded-mike-tyson

#135 9 years ago

NES video game OST track of the day...

1 week later
#138 9 years ago

Here's a new review of Analogue Interactive's CMVS Neo Geo. To me this is still the retro console to have. The Analogue Nt NES is shipping in April and we'll just have to wait and see how good it really is.

2 months later
#155 8 years ago

Wow, that's cool. The Analogue Nt is finally coming out.

#157 8 years ago

Something tells me LITZ is gonna get the pink color console as an ode to his favorite character Mr. Pink in the movie Reservoir Dogs.

lunapic_135036821451870_1.giflunapic_135036821451870_1.gif

4 weeks later
#175 8 years ago

I saw the Analogue update today on Twitter... Thats's Badass!

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Nothing like wasting even more money...

when shit is cool you gotta PIMP THE SHIT OUTTA IT there are no exceptions

1 month later
#185 8 years ago

The audio is really amazing as well off the Analogue Nt. You can't deny one of the best reasons NES games are so iconic are due to the soundtracks.

1 month later
#190 8 years ago

Glad you finally got your system LITZ. That thing is still on the pipeline for me but I'm still working on getting that Neo Geo CMVS cocobolo wood option from Analogue Interactive first. Mo' Money Mo' Fun

11 months later
#208 7 years ago

Looks like Nintendo has a 60 buck HDMI NES counter to the Analogue NT.
https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/14/nintendos-classic-mini-is-a-tiny-nes-with-30-games/

1 week later
#215 7 years ago

WOW, this didn't take too long. New Analogue NT Mini for $449 with HDMI out as standard.
http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/22/12556324/analogue-nt-mini-aluminum-nes

Nt-mini-NES-2.0 (resized).jpgNt-mini-NES-2.0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider strange.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/500-new-nes-video-game-system-for-preorder-hdmi-out?tu=strange and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.