IMG_0833 (resized).JPG
IMG_0831 (resized).JPG
IMG_0830 (resized).JPG
IMG_0832 (resized).JPG
IMG_3266 (resized).JPG
AVSevolution1 (resized).png
AVSevolution3 (resized).png
AVSevolution2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider girloveswaffles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

So there will be a new luxury Nintendo Entertainment System as of this summer called the Analogue Nt. It will cost $500 (up to $550 with HDMI out) and that's without any controllers. It is marketed as the best possible way to run old 8-Bit NES games without emulation on modern HD Televisions. It is constructed out of aluminum like modern Apple Macbook Pro computers.
http://analogueinteractive.com/
What do you guys think? I would like to have one of these. Not a must buy for me but its still pretty cool...

analogue-nt-nes-6.jpg 13 KB

Not a bargain. For about $230.00 (with shipping) you can get a Retroon 5 imported from the U.K. that does a lot more.

https://www.funstock.co.uk/retron-5

3 months later
#144 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I unfortunately found out that Goodwill no longer carries CRTs. In fact they don't even carry flatscreens either, I checked two stores in two cities. To me the RGB Sony PVM monitors look a little "too" good, in the opinion of some people such as myself the imperfections of compsite/s-video running on a production set help smooth out the pixel artifacts. But then again I have never seen a PVM monitor in person. I beat it looks freaking beast.

That might be regional. GoodWill in Orange County Ca. has a Computer/electroinics store in Santa Ana and they do sell CRT's there, although they are becoming less frequent there.

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

why not? If they make the gun trigger cause the screen flash the game just needs to put the flash on the duck when the trigger is pulled. The gun takes the image in and the system determines if the recorded flash point is sufficiently centered on the guns image. They would have to re-engineer how the games work but there's seems to be no reason they cant make light gun stuff.

"Re Engineer" is EXACTLY what it would take. You're not going to do it with that hardware combination. It would probably require both new hardware and software to do it. Just to catch the scan would probably require a CCD (charged Coupling Device) in place of a photo transistor for starts, and then a bunch of hardware beyond that. Then the software would most likey have to be redone to adjust for the new scan rate. It's not how "centered" the image is, it's more about the scan rate, and the way the image is scanned across the video display.

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

yep.... the gw computer store here in santa ana still sells CRT monitors (although not as many as they used to).

Aint that store great! Plus they now have that shelf of used game consoles and accessories near the front.

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

yeah... sorry bro. I used to have a lot of luck at this gw. these days there is so much competition, it makes it much harder to find the good stuff.

Sad part is, there used to be a a computer / electronics section in stores in Fullerton Ca. and one in Los Angeles that had one.

Fulleton doesn't have it any more, and the L.A. store is gone.

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

thats a bummer man... so the sa goodwill is one of the only ones left
i got a nonworking space duel once at that computer store, scored a taito space invaders over in the as-is area,
/ pinball addiction

Buddy of mine got a Stern Amidar with Pengo boards, and a Tutankahm cabinet with a Merit Super Stars 30 kit in it for $18.00 (thru Shopgoodwill.com) I got a Jarte Spectrer thru Shopgoodwill.com for $10.00 (need to get around to fixing the moitor one of these days).

I also remember when they had a non working Eightball that had a very nice back glass and playfield, and a trashed Stern Trident at the Santa Ana store computer store, and next door they had a Blitz '99 in a Konami 4 player cabinet. I've seen games at other Goodwill stores as well (i.e. a Super Off Road at one in La Habra).

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

hehe... i totally remember seeing that non working eight ball @ the gw store. too cool man. yeah, shopgoodwill can be pretty good too.
the sad part is almost ALL the good stuff goes to shopgoodwill now ive heard that there are at least 3 or 4 employees and all they do is cherry pick the good stuff and send it straight over to shop goodwill (at the sa store). total bummer man.

Pretty much true, but it's all about getting as much as they can for the merchandise. Altho getting that cocktail game for $10 shows that doesn't always work (and I put the only bid on it).

#169 8 years ago

I think we need a topic just for things people have got at thrift shops /pawn shops/ swap meets etc.

4 months later
#191 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

yeah... sorry bro. I used to have a lot of luck at this gw. these days there is so much competition, it makes it much harder to find the good stuff.

So here's the find of the day at the Santa Ana GW computer works. Brand new in the bag (one of two they had)
72 pin.png72 pin.png

4 weeks later
#197 8 years ago

Glad I got my hands on a top-loader NES a couple of years ago. The RF output was torn off, but I was able to hack into it to get composite and audio out. Also makes it easier to make a "Famicom" adapter.

10 months later
#210 7 years ago

You can only play the games built into it. It won't play your existing collection. And it also won't use use your old controllers (different plug).
If anything it's an answer to the Flashback Retro consoles (Atari VCS, Colecovision, and intelivision)

4 weeks later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider girloveswaffles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/500-new-nes-video-game-system-for-preorder-hdmi-out?tu=girloveswaffles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.