IMG_0833 (resized).JPG
IMG_0831 (resized).JPG
IMG_0830 (resized).JPG
IMG_0832 (resized).JPG
IMG_3266 (resized).JPG
AVSevolution1 (resized).png
AVSevolution3 (resized).png
AVSevolution2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 9 years ago

Can buy a great upscaler for 400 off amazon that will do more than just one console. Sounds to me like this priced itself right out of the market, except for the rich boys buying stuff from Skymall...

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I got an retron 5 for Christmas. It works great and upscales as well. The controller is junk but we have original controllers.
It is emulating but all it does is dump the code when you load it so nothing illegal. Plus side to this is the game will never freeze up on you unlike an original nes with a dusty cartridge.

The real miracle of christmas was that someone actually found a Retron 5 for sale. I think I've tried to get one about four or five times...gave up. Nobody ever had them for sale.

I see now they finally have them for sale on their site.. I may be losing 160 bucks shortly.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from swedishc:

I will never understand this purist thing. I guess you can pay $500 for that system, or RGB mod your original NES and use an expensive upscaler. Seems like a total waste of money to me.

It's not just that it looks ugly, it's that certain video effects that use the behavior of CRT tech to do certain things just DO NOT WORK on a LCD without the upscaler/converter/filtering.

Case in point. Go play Tetris Attack on a SNES attached to a LCD TV. The flashing effects don't work properly at all. The LCD can not in any way display them correctly because it's not rendering every other line, it's doing it all at once. The result is godawful. Also, the built in scaler for my specific TV makes everything VERY blurry. It's just ugly, man.

Would you want to play a pinball machine with a piece of wax paper over the glass? That's pretty much what it's like.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

If anyone wants my NES and games, they're welcome to them.

Location? lol. Shove it in a 5$ flat rate box and I'm a go.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

System and games are spoken for. That was fast.

Pfft. =\

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Gamecube component cable for $200ish (the going price).

Really? 99% sure I have one sitting in a drawer. Would gladly sell it for 200 bucks to fund most of my super-high-end-upscaler.. =P

3 months later
#156 8 years ago

Funny to think this thread is almost a year old. Price is still ludicrous, and I keep seeing prices for NES and SNES games I want that are even MORE ludicrous. Seriously saw someone talking about 140 bucks for just virtual boy console box yesterday. CARDBOARD....

4 weeks later
#176 8 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Each screw is custom CNC’d and batch anodized

Nothing like wasting even more money...

#178 8 years ago

That was a stunningly convincing argument for me to waste money on something I'll never see or touch.

1 year later
#230 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've been playing my AVS all week! It's incredible!!!

Any chance you're using it on a 4k tv? Wondering what it looks like. I'm not willing to spend 400-700 on the NT, but I'd at least consider 200 on the AVS.

#232 7 years ago

Looks good, I've got a 1080p plasma as well as the 4k, so if it looks like crap on one maybe not so much on the other....just the 4k tv is more comfortable to play long stretches on.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/500-new-nes-video-game-system-for-preorder-hdmi-out?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.