IMG_0833 (resized).JPG
IMG_0831 (resized).JPG
IMG_0830 (resized).JPG
IMG_0832 (resized).JPG
IMG_3266 (resized).JPG
AVSevolution1 (resized).png
AVSevolution3 (resized).png
AVSevolution2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 9 years ago

Actually there is another system coming out that runs 8 systems worth of games and controller outputs. I know it can run NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, Saturn, Jag, and 2 others. Price point is around $80. I think i'd hold out for that one instead, since you pretty much could play everything on it.

8 months later
#57 9 years ago

my mame arcade can run every NES and SNES game ever made. $500 is pretty steep since you can buy a mame free standing arcade for little more than that.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

But it's not Original! And to a purist snob like myself that's worse than death!

Tyson_PunchOut-2.jpg 112 KB

Fair enough. I can appreciate the original feel. Sometimes you need that. I have a certain arcades I want just for that reason. I can see it holding true for council systems as well. I would go with the system Goatdan was talking about. I'm on the fence on getting one myself. Only reason I havn't bought one yet, is because I don't have the room to have an armada of cartridges sitting around.

#82 9 years ago

speaking of purist snobs. Anyone here have a dedicated Frontline arcade for sale? Within driving distance of WI anyway.

1 week later
#122 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I need to find a "purist" to buy my Gamecube component cable for $200ish (the going price).
It seems the smart thing to do would be just to buy a Wii for $50 (which is an exact hardware backwards compatible Gamecube) and then buy a component cable for it for $5....but I know there are purists out there that want their Gamecube games played on a Gamecube and the component cable was the best official output cable for it. The cable brings such a high price because they were never made by a 3rd party (official Nintendo only) and they were also never sold in stores. They could only be bought directly from Nintendo.
I would think you would have to be pretty pure to plunk down $200+ for a cable when you could get the exact same results (same hardware, same controller, same video output) for $150 cheaper than the price of the cable.

I disagree with the gamecube cable. I borrowed my cable to my neighbor about 7 months ago, he lost it, and i needed to buy a new one. cost me $7 off of amazon. wasn't hard to find and was dirt cheap. that was with shipping included.

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from Svengo:

You may have picked up a composite cable (what the system came with originally).
Take a look at the below Amazon link:
amazon.com link »
That cable was I believe only available directly from Nintendo, (When it came in the mail I remember it being in a plain plastic bag), and only works with systems that have the digital AV out that was removed form later revisions of the console. The cable has a Nintendo specific D/A convertor chip in it which made it impractical for third parties to produce (plus at the time there wasn't much demand for it).

how the hell does that one work? Is there 2 jacks in the back? Never really looked. Because composite is video only. Have to get sound out somehow. think it makes that big of a difference on a HDMI tV?

#129 9 years ago

I have an original Gamecube. Guess i never really looked at the back. How is the video quality with composite? I know my laserdisc player looks very fuzzy with just RCA. Have to use the S cable for better results.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/500-new-nes-video-game-system-for-preorder-hdmi-out?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.