You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-85.jpg
image-594.jpg
image-786.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Just saw this... Wish it was closer to me...

image-786.jpgimage-786.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Hope it goes to a pinsider... Still closer to 1k if I buy and ship...

#3 9 years ago

Seems about $300 too high to me. Game is trashed.

#4 9 years ago

I'm clearly a noob at this hobby, but I heard the boards can be a little expensive to replace on this one? Maybe that's why it's going so cheap? I agree....hope a pinsider gets it

#5 9 years ago

Not much goes for 500 these days... That's the buy it now price... Might go cheaper... Felt it was worth pointing out.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Not much goes for 500 these days... That's the buy it now price... Might go cheaper... Felt it was worth pointing out.

Hell....if it was for sale close in my neighborhood....I'd take a chance!

#7 9 years ago

Somebody has to hit Buy It Now before the auction is over, don't they? I'm not even considering it because it's way too far away for me, but I'm just thinking, if I were in a situation where I was able to bid on it, would I bid on it, trying to get it for less than $500 and risk someone else using Buy It Now before the auction ends? Or just buy it now to secure that it would be mine? Tough decision!

What do you think the reserve is on something like this if the buy it now is only $500?
In the case of most eBay auctions, the starting bid is a little more than what the machine is worth, the reserve is $1000 more than what the machine is worth, and the Buy It Now is $2000 more than the machine is actually worth.

#8 9 years ago

Its already past 700$ how does that work? Couldn't someone have bought it at 500$?

***Nevermind my bad, I was looking at the one in bakersfield witch actually looks super nice for what the price is at right now. ****

#9 9 years ago

Ha! the description says "works just find."

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Ha! the description says "works just find."

Uh, just looks like crap

#12 9 years ago

If you zoom in on the pics the playfield to worn to the wood in numerous spots, the cab is worn to the bare wood all over and the legs are covered in rust. I wouldn't even pay $200 for it.

#13 9 years ago

Seller states the game is "complete", but the " scoreboard does not light up ".

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Seller states the game is "complete", but the " scoreboard does not light up ".

Guess it doesn't "work just fine"

#15 9 years ago

On an auction with a reserve, the buy it now disappears when the reserve is met. If it's a no reserve auction, the buy it now disappears when the first bid is placed.

#16 9 years ago

I think he spent more time and possibly funds to find one of the first "vintage" digital cameras to take photos thinking the crappy quality will shield the crappy quality.

#17 9 years ago

I bought one with similiar playfield wear, but completely working, and nearly perfect cabinet and backglass. Look in the lower corner, there's major flaking on the backglass, and the wood is even splintering on the bottom. Wherever that high speed came from, it spent a LOT of time in a humid environment (either out in a barn or next to a pool). At least it works "find".

I'd be hard pressed to see if someone bids $200, you'd be lucky to part that out to recover $200.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I think he spent more time and possibly funds to find one of the first "vintage" digital cameras to take photos thinking the crappy quality will shield the crappy quality.

If you're drunk the pictures look clear.

#19 9 years ago

someone out there has a fond memory of playing this game to death

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'd be hard pressed to see if someone bids $200, you'd be lucky to part that out to recover $200.

Depends on what kind of shape the boards and displays are in, those alone would be worth the $200 -- even if the MPU has some corrosion. People pay almost insane amounts for badly corroded boards these days. I've seen badly corroded System 11 MPUs I wouldn't touch go for $40-50 on eBay. Good boards going for $125-150 fairly often. Then you have all the playfield mechanisms, coils, plastics, etc. I think it'd be fairly easy to get $200 out of parts as long as the machine wasn't in a flood and most of the boards were okay and under playfield parts weren't all rusted/trashed. At $400-500 though, you'd have to do a lot more work to break even.

---
http://www.pinitech.com - "Pinball Inspired Technology"
Kits, upgrades and test equipment for pinball machines

#21 9 years ago

This game is in terrible shape....you can find a nice HS for 1000 bucks.

#22 9 years ago

This High Speed is a relisted machine. It sold a couple of days ago for slightly over $500 and obviously the buyer backed out (probably because the condition of mis-stated).

#23 9 years ago

Game would be best bought for a cpr playfield swap IF you had another high speed it was going in,

That way you had twice the parts, and the board set is worth something, backglass if it's not trashed. transformer, displays, etc.
If I was close I would gamble on it.

#24 9 years ago

Ahhh.......it's in Cali....explains quite a bit.

1 week later
#25 9 years ago

Somebody took a gamble

image-594.jpgimage-594.jpg

#26 9 years ago

Another disappointed buyer soon I'm sure.
Blake

#27 9 years ago

Please post some photos if u bought...

#28 9 years ago

Look what's back on eBay....
image-85.jpgimage-85.jpg

#29 9 years ago

If by chance there's no corrosion, and the CPU is clean, it's $300 alone...

I think I'd go $500 if I could see it in person before paying, and didn't have to ship it.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

If by chance there's no corrosion, and the CPU is clean, it's $300 alone

I'm guessing it isn't clean, just as the playfield, backglass, and cabinet aren't (probably spent lots of time near water).
Perhaps the seller could lower his price to something more reasonable if this is now the 3rd time he's had to relist it, and dealt with disgruntled buyers (gas isn't free to drive to someone's house, nor are ebay fees)

#31 9 years ago

I'm very close to there, but the playfield looks pretty roached. Nice when you can do a buy it now and go get it, but for me this one does not look like it is worth the gas.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/500-buck-high-speed-buy-it-now-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.