Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 96 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Wolfmarsh
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dae7e244-cf3c-4b61-a542-392bf8bc3615 (resized).jpg
    Laser_Ventilation_pics_001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinrebel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lonzo:

I wonder if the 50% off is just a scheme to get people to buy now so they can get the money now. The articles I have read about the system say they want to get into the market for $2500. That's a lot less than $4000. I really want one but just not worth it to pull the trigger now.
    I hope they get the bugs worked out and when they are available for normal purchase, maybe they will "drop" the price to $2000-$2500.

Hmm. Yeah this crazy prepay offer thing reminds of some other industry. what am I thinking of? lol.

Regardless my buddy just bought one from here so hopefully it turns out well.

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

Forget the cloud aspect of this.. How about that huge flame coming off the material in the video, where is the air assist?? You can't not have air assist on something your going to put in your home. The first thing that comes to mind is FIRE FIRE FIRE.. get a fire extinguisher, maybe 2. Interesting product but there are definitely some important things lacking.. the ventilation is also a major factor along with a filtration system, this will set you back $800.00 to $1000.00. The smells that come of some of this stuff ( PETG ) in particular is horrible and a good ported to the outside vent is a must not a vacuum hose out a window..lol

But they are offering a $500 ventilation unit (with filtration) so it does not need to be vented outside. Do you suspect that may be inadequate?

Im curious more about the air assist you mention. Why is it required? Given the materials they list as being capable of being cut and engraved do you believe air assist is necessary? Assuming someone is just using this at home for occasional use and not for commercial use would it really be necessary?

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I hope there is a big warning on these machines not to cut Plexiglass (polycarbanate sheet). These types of plastics also do not do well in laser cutters.

What are typical plastic sets on pinball machines made of? Polycarbonate? Are pin plastics typically 1/8" thick?

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Typical plastic sets on pinball are made of PETG. You can cut it. Fumes are less toxic, but still need to be vented thoroughly.

Any suggestions on the best/cheapest place to buy sheets of this from? Can they be found in all different colors?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinrebel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/50-off-100-off-glowforge-laser?tu=pinrebel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.