Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Pin_Guy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hey guys I have a Firepower II game that I just got and want to add some additional LED lights to it. I was going to buy some 6.3 volt strips but really can't find them anywhere. I can find 5 Volt strips which I'm guessing would shine enough light by connecting them to my GI lighting -- would I blow up anything -- would it work ?? any thoughts ?? thanks

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from Kandyland:

Hey guys I have a Firepower II game that I just got and want to add some additional LED lights to it. I was going to buy some 6.3 volt strips but really can't find them anywhere. I can find 5 Volt strips which I'm guessing would shine enough light by connecting them to my GI lighting -- would I blow up anything -- would it work ?? any thoughts ?? thanks

That's 6.3 VAC not DC

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Kandyland:

I can find 5 Volt strips which I'm guessing would shine enough light by connecting them to my GI lighting -- would I blow up anything -- would it work ?? any thoughts ??

The LEDs would only light during half of the AC waveform giving them a peak forward voltage of around 3.1V; they may also have a noticeable flicker as they would be off as much as they would be on.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside