(Topic ID: 233545)

5 pins and 5 subs on one outlet safe?

By Jimmyhonda

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20181215_174152 (resized).jpg
    20181215_174212 (resized).jpg
    20181215_174223 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schudel5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 5 years ago

I have 8 pins on one 20A circuit and never had a problem with them all on and being played at the same time. I've put a clamp on ammeter on that circuit and it was pulling 15A. Just under the 16A continuous trip current.

The current rating of the main fuse, or what's written on the serial tag, is not what a game pulls when in operation. Typically it's 1.9 to 2.5A per game depending on game and if it has LEDs throughout.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I frequently run my AC, 9 pins, a couple arcade games and a couple TV's on my 100A service with no issues.

My gameroom has a dedicated 100A service. I have 50 pins, bowler, dedicated A/C, lights, water heater and a couple TVs. During tournaments they're all running and never had a problem.

The panel amperage is per phase. If you had strictly pinball machines at 2.5A each that's 300W. A100A panel can handle 24,000W. Theoretically that's 80 games. Just putting it in perspective.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schudel5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/5-pins-and-5-subs-on-one-outlet-safe?tu=schudel5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.