(Topic ID: 332924)

5 New Pins Announced this Month!! What could go wrong??

By JakeFAttie

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

With the new titles coming fast and furious it seems like we are really in another golden age of Pinball production. Scooby Doo, Foo Fighters, Godfather, Galactic Tank Force, Pulp Fiction (not to mention Queen, Bond, and something else I missed?), everyday is Christmas for us pinfreaks! But, seriously, does anyone think these new machines are being made for routing? Can they be profitable at these prices? How big is the private collector market? Are there enough rich-bro-pinball-collectors to support all these new titles? Is anyone here buying all five of them? I can't pretend to understand the mentality of folks who order $15,000 toys unseen, but I'm glad you exist to support this wonderful hobby! However, I fear with this much competition there will be winners and losers and inevitably we will see this moment as another peak (in production). How many companies are there now, five or six, more? Is our community really strong and wealthy enough to support so much creativity??

#2 1 year ago

Your Poll does not make a lot of sense maybe make it about the 5 to 6 machines that are announced.

#3 1 year ago

You speak as if we all are buying every single game released. I only buy games I want. Out of this group I would be interested in one. Maybe two.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Your Poll does not make a lot of sense maybe make it about the 5 to 6 machines that are announced.

OK, good point! I'll fix it!

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

....I can't pretend to understand the mentality of folks who order $15,000 toys unseen...

Pretty simple; They have a lot more monies than you.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pretty simple; They have a lot more monies than you.

Well, I fear there are a lot of people buying on credit as well. I’ve seen way more “what distributor doesn’t charge a cc fee” questions lately. There are obviously a lot of deep pockets in this hobby, but there are also a bunch of people that are pretending I’m sure.

#7 1 year ago

somehow it's not letting me redo the poll... oh well...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8 1 year ago

What poll ?

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

somehow it's not letting me redo the poll... oh well...

Looks like you deleted it....

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from SNES:

Well, I fear there are a lot of people buying on credit as well....

It's not a fear it's a dream; Let everyone go tits up and sell off cheap! Just a dream though.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's not a fear it's a dream; Let everyone go tits up and sell off cheap! Just a dream though.

Yeah, maybe. I still can’t help but cringe when I see people using credit cards for pin purchases. Really hope they just want the points and aren’t carrying a balance to feed their pinball addiction.

#12 1 year ago

lol, honestly I never even thought one could buy a pin on credit. I'm just not built that way. but obviously one can....

and yeah I deleted the poll but now it won't let me add a new one. somehow it still sees the old one.

And, just so you know, all my money is wrapped up in yachts and private jets, so there. And exotic pet lions.

#13 1 year ago

As long as people are finding buyers for IN PRODUCTION games OVER MSRP (GZ, EHOH, and others), a signal is sent to manufacturers that there is still room to go with pricing and market capacity....

There is alot of rumbling about the "15K" GF, but not only does this not represent a price increase from JJP over their last title, its only a few grand off the Stern LE mark. If you are willing to pay 13, why not 15 with a topper and other goodies? Not saying i like either manufacturers pricing, but WE have told Stern and JJP we are willing to pay more by buying and selling GZ Prems and other current titles for thousands over what distributors are actually selling them for... and everybody wants a piece, hence tons of new games...

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

With the new titles coming fast and furious it seems like we are really in another golden age of Pinball production. Scooby Doo, Foo Fighters, Godfather, Galactic Tank Force, Pulp Fiction (not to mention Queen, Bond, and something else I missed?), everyday is Christmas for us pinfreaks! But, seriously, does anyone think these new machines are being made for routing? Can they be profitable at these prices? How big is the private collector market? Are there enough rich-bro-pinball-collectors to support all these new titles? Is anyone here buying all five of them? I can't pretend to understand the mentality of folks who order $15,000 toys unseen, but I'm glad you exist to support this wonderful hobby! However, I fear with this much competition there will be winners and losers and inevitably we will see this moment as another peak (in production). How many companies are there now, five or six, more? Is our community really strong and wealthy enough to support so much creativity??

Beat ya to this thread a few days ago
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-the-2020s-the-pinball-renaissance#post-7461642

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 23.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

13,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 24.50
$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/5-new-pins-announced-this-month-what-could-go-wrong- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.