IMG_6827.JPG
IMG_6825.JPG
IMG_6824.JPG
IMG_6823.JPG
IMG_6822.JPG
image-560.jpg
Screenshot_2014-01-30-08-46-40.png
#1 10 years ago

300 LED STRIP UNDER CABINET ..wired to flashers and gun for under 5 dollars...amazing light show for your machinesScreenshot_2014-01-30-08-46-40.pngScreenshot_2014-01-30-08-46-40.pngScreenshot_2014-01-30-08-46-40.pngScreenshot_2014-01-30-08-46-40.png

#2 10 years ago

Do tell! Always interested in how things that light up can be installed on pins...................oooooh.............lookit the lights!!

#3 10 years ago

More info please... A video would be excellent too!

#4 10 years ago

LED outlet .com is where i picked up the lights...4 rolls with 300 lights on each roll ....not kidding $21 ..free shipping.thats12 hundred lights you have to find out what flasher light your are using .the leds come with red green and blue..find 12 volts wire on machine to power them up..

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

LED outlet .com is where i picked up the lights...4 rolls with 300 lights on each roll ....not kidding $21 ..free shipping.thats12 hundred lights you have to find out what flasher light your are using .the leds come with red green and blue..find 12 volts wire on machine to power them up..

Confused on the website URL - Do you mean www.led-outlets.com ?

#7 10 years ago

Yes that's the site..just look for the 3528 RGB light strip x4 $21.99

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

Yes that's the site..just look for the 3528 RGB light strip x4 $21.99

Here is the exact link if anyone is curious

http://www.led-outlets.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=303_304_262&products_id=802

#9 10 years ago

A fantastic example of ingenuity, and saving some money DIY. The only reason I have not done something like this already is because it would draw attention to my ugly floor

#10 10 years ago

If these leds use 8A (4x2A), won´t the fuse blow if you wire them to "flashers and gun"?

#11 10 years ago

"Reminding:as for the delivery puzzle, the IR is exclude the battery,
while you can find it easily on your local place"

LOL...

I am curious though, where exactly did you tap the 12V from?

-Steve Ridge

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

"Reminding:as for the delivery puzzle, the IR is exclude the battery,
while you can find it easily on your local place"
LOL...
I am curious though, where exactly did you tap the 12V from?
-Steve Ridge

Sound board power supply is usually 12V on the machines I've done it on.

#13 10 years ago

The best effect is acchieved if the under cabinet leds flash according to what's happening in the game. I've seen a video where the leds are connected with harnesses under the regular harnesses in the backbox. Does anyone know how to do this connection (to get 12 V on and off according to the game action)? And where to buy harnessess that can lead 12 V to the leds and still let all the signals through to the regular harness?

#14 10 years ago

I just make the harness. They don't make one.

#15 10 years ago

While this is neat and all there is a huge value for being able to plug n play a lot of mods like under cab flashers. If someone is able to wire these up to 12 volts themselves and flash with the game flasher colors then they wouldn't buy the kits anyways. You can also do this with less of the 5050 LD strip since it is way brighter and a better LED

#16 10 years ago

Ok here we go .i hooked up the power wire of the led strip to a flasher bulb..then you wire the red...green and blue from the led strip to the flashers you want to control with your new under cabinet LEDs. ..the reason why I used the 3528 RGB LED STRIP...you get 4 rolls at the cost of $21 free shipping. ..thats 4 pins ..$5 each...the 3528 LEDs are bright enough to light up my room under my cabinet. ..I'm not one to mess around with the boards so thats why I did it this way...it works

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

A fantastic example of ingenuity, and saving some money DIY. The only reason I have not done something like this already is because it would draw attention to my ugly floor

To fix that all you have to do is go to Target and get a white bath rug the same size as your game and put that under it. Being white the colors just explode. I've done it and it's great.

#18 10 years ago

So are you saying that you can run a wire from the RGB to multiple flashers so the lights will go off more.Also are their seperate RGB wires or are they bundled together?Does polarity matter? Sorry for so many questions but not trying to screw it up.

#19 10 years ago

I cut the connector off the RGB CABLE. .THERE IS 4 wires ..the white is the power....red wire is red lights. .green wire is green lights ..blue wire is blue lights...you will need some extra wire to solder to those wires to run to your flashers ..the white will power all 3 colours you run to 3 different flashers

1 week later
#20 10 years ago

I just picked up a color changing LED light strip kit last night at IKEA for $35. It comes with 4 ft. of LED that can stay a solid color, slowly change between a handful of colors, or quickly change between colors. There is no wiring into the pin needed, so tonight I'm going to get underneath my T2 and use 2-sided tape to install. And I'll mount the little on/off switch next to the on/off switch of the pin, so it will be optional to have them on while you play. I'll post some photos when completed.

#21 10 years ago

Just added LEDs to my royal rumble. I used the service outlet and rewired it to turn on with the switch.

image-560.jpgimage-560.jpg
#22 10 years ago

I picked up this LED light kit at IKEA for $39.99 and it took less than 15 minutes to get set up. It comes with the sticky 2-sided tape too. I used zip ties to secure up the extra cords and it looks perfectly clean from up top now. It looks great if choose to hold a steady color or have it slowly rotate from white-yellow-green-blue-purple.

I put the on/off control switch right next to the power switch on my T2, so no hard-wiring into the game itself.

IMG_6822.JPGIMG_6822.JPG IMG_6823.JPGIMG_6823.JPG IMG_6824.JPGIMG_6824.JPG IMG_6825.JPGIMG_6825.JPG IMG_6827.JPGIMG_6827.JPG
#23 10 years ago

just hook up each color to a different 89 flasher bulb circuit

#24 10 years ago

I've got a set on the bottom of my machine, but have not wired up to the flasher bulbs yet (service outlet only)

But what voltage are the flashers? Aren't they 24V and the led strips are 12V. Led can be "over driven" for a while, but then will burn up.. No issues so far?

On the LED strips, white should be 12V+ and all other color legs are grounded (Red, Blue, Green). Hot wire to positive leg of one flasher (or another 12V+ source), and then grounds to other flashers...Correct?

#25 10 years ago

89 bulbs should be 12v the same bulb is used in older cars as side markers

as far as 12v all the time I clip to the board 12v test pin and just a ground

#26 10 years ago

careful tapping into your machine's power . my wwfrr did not like that at all ! so i used the service outlet.

#27 10 years ago

i do agree, actually under cabinet leds flashing kit doesn't cost more than $6 and takes about 15/30 minutes to make.

you can find 16 feets of 5050 rgb led strip about anywhere on paypal for $12, good for 4 machines if you use 3-4 feets for each machine. so that's $3 dollards per machine. the wires to go up the mpu board is about $1, a z connector and a molex plug another $2 (and i'm generous) connected to any mpu in the flasher lamps/special coils plug (it says on the mpu flasher lamps).

infos to make this as been on the net for the past 2 years and here about a year+ ago.

so yes, $5-6 is about right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/5-dollar-under-cabinet-led-light-show-on-lethal-weapons-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.