(Topic ID: 83429)

5 ball: Why does it exist and does anyone use it?

By Dommer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Dommer
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lance.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dno.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 10 years ago

5 ball on newer games is just lame. People get bored in multiplayer. Games drag on forever. Everything is too easy to achieve. Etc...
    On older, short ball time games, and EM's, Ok
    But newer shit, with EB's and multiball there already, NO!
    Lots here say they want to play the game the way the designer intended, well, they intended 3 ball!
    Can't make the wizard mode? Guess what? You ain't no wizard.
    And you're just making the kids worse at pinball by giving them the crutch. They will learn to play 3 ball better, and understand that they just have to get better and have a goal of like 1 multiball each game. Shit, lots of us had to PAY, and only get 3 balls when we were learning.
    If you must, play two 3 ball games and add your scores together!

#95 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

the designer intended the machine to make money... since very few machines sitting in people's houses are making money, i suppose those people should be getting rid of their machines, since they aren't using them the way they were intended to be used...

I said, the way they are to be "played", not used.
    But Rosh pretty much nailed my opinion too.
    And in the home, with unlimited access and play attempts, why go easy? So you can get bored quicker?
    Then complain the game isn't deep enough?
    It's like the people complaining on the MET thread that Crank It Up is too hard to get, and they need to drop the # of shots to qualify. When really, maybe you're just not supposed to get that mode every game. (2-3 times!)
    Part of the pinball draw and appeal is the challenge of man vs. machine, and trying to blow up the games rules!
    If making it easy to do that by changing rules and # of balls is your thing, great.
    But I prefer to have a game beat me up a bit (or a lot!), be forced to adapt and get a strategy, a plan of attack.
    Then finally put it all together, and feel like you beat the machine, the right way.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dno.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/5-ball-why-does-it-exist-and-does-anyone-use-it?tu=dno and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.