(Topic ID: 83429)

5 ball: Why does it exist and does anyone use it?

By Dommer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Dommer
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lance.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dommer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

pretty much every machine i've seen has the option for making it a 5 ball game instead of 3. the only time i've ever seen 5 ball games used is on old EMs. never seen a solid state set up with this option. any reason this exists other than giving people more bang for their buck? i was also curious if anyone uses this option at home. think it would be a good way to get to some of the harder wizard modes.

#53 10 years ago

thanks for all the replies. surprised how many folks use 5 ball. i always thought it was like the betamax of pinball.

2 weeks later
    #119 10 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

How old are you kid?

i'm 30, but i just vaguely remember betamax, mostly from finding a couple random tapes where we kept our VHS tapes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dommer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/5-ball-why-does-it-exist-and-does-anyone-use-it?tu=Dommer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.