(Topic ID: 136830)

5 ball trough question ,correct coil????

By BasD

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Warbound
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hello,

After a few months in storage I finally had room for setting up my beloved baywatch again.
But it is no longer working correctly.

The ball does not make it trough the " exit scoop" the coil kick the ball up but it does not reach the top of the bracket to enter the shooter lane. I had this sometimes before storage but now it never reach the top.
Everthing appeers to be assembelt correctly :-/

I did notice the coil is a data east coil # 090-5005-00
The manual say it must be 23-800

Would this be the problem?

Any suggestions are more then welcome,

Greetings from the netherlands,

Bas

#2 8 years ago

Yeah, most of the time the coil is a 23-800.

You can try to clean the plunger and/or replace the coil sleeve.

Make sure the plunger is shooting the ball in the middle.
If it's off center, the're will be not enough power to get the ball on the playfield.
Sometimes it's enough to adjust the assembly by hand (force the assembly 1 or 2 mm to the left or right)

#3 8 years ago

Nobody?? Guess not much love for the hoff??

Really a great game

#4 8 years ago

Hi , just wanted to share that after replacing the coilsleeve and adjusting the plunger it works again.
Thanks!

"Haha never had a better day" ( as the Hoff would say)

Bas

#5 8 years ago

BW is a great game! So much to do and great animations! I was going to suggest what doc did. Keeping the sleeve clean is important and usually fixes these issues...coils rarely go bad so I am told. This fix should apply eleswhere to other coils too...except vleaning may not be enough, may need to replace the sleeve. They are inexpensive, relative to a coil anyway. Only one time it did not work for me. I instead had to reflow the soldr connections. One of them was stress cracked and full continuity was not achieved so the foil fired weak.

GL and again, BW is an aweome game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/5-ball-trough-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.