(Topic ID: 118589)

5 Amp Slow Blow Fuse question- Resolved, Marco called and replaced the fuses!

By GL_Pinguy

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by zaza
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fuse holder.jpg
    fuse 6mm vs 025inch.jpg
    fusePic.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GL_Pinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I recently unpacked a pack of fuses so I can start working on my mary shelley's frankenstein and the 5 amp slow blow fuses don't look right. They look weaker than the 3 amp Slow Blows I have.

fusePic.jpgfusePic.jpg

I can read the 3 amp on the older ones, but it is very difficult to read the new fuses. The quality looks really shoddy too. Is this what the newer fuses are going to look like?

Issue Resolved

#4 9 years ago

All I can see is T5AL 250V

#6 9 years ago

The invoice shows :FUSE - SLOW BLOW 5 amp (6.3mm x 32mm) MDL-5 3 $2.95 $8.85

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Standard Bussman part number T5AL250 is a 5A time delay max 250V rated fuse. Time delay = slow blow.

Thanks for finding that. So I guess this is the new normal?

#10 9 years ago

It just looks so cheap, but if it works it really does not matter.

#14 9 years ago

The ones I have I ordered from Marco. Anybody want a deal on three packs of junk fuses.

1 week later
    #15 9 years ago

Today I received an e-mail from Dave at Marco asking me to give him a call about the fuses. Apparently the supplier sent them the smaller Time Delay fuses and a few were shipped out before they caught the mistake. I have had these for a pretty long time before opening the boxes and seeing the weird fuses. He said that they are shipping out three new boxes of fuses at no charge and told me to toss the old ones.

Thumbs up for Dave and Marco Specialties pin supplies!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GL_Pinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/5-amp-slow-blow-fuse-question?tu=GL_Pinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.