Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Bmad21
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Can wraps (resized).PNG
    crop (resized).png
    B24D7362-D4E6-4F24-9832-3E05D3663001 (resized).jpeg
    41AC9453-C0E1-462B-BE2D-BB7AB68F8453 (resized).jpeg
    783E7DC7-08E9-42BC-BEFC-4E2945922370 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20210113_113119 (resized).jpg
    20210113_113104 (resized).jpg
    20210113_113036 (resized).jpg
    20210113_113047 (resized).jpg
    20210113_112959 (resized).jpg
    20210113_113119 (resized).jpg
    20210113_113126 (resized).jpg
    20210113_113132 (resized).jpg
    20210113_113207 (resized).jpg
    20210113_113227 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kciaccio.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Would it be crazy that one of the top reasons I want to move from Houston is the terrible pinball scene compared to other cities in the United States? lol

When Einsteins Pub is the only place to go and have food and drink and play pinball???

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Eighty-Two just opened there and the one in LA has an excellent pinball selection.

Thanks for the tip on Eighty-Two...

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from JNX:

There is a vibrant pinball community in Houston. Covid has played into severely limiting public tournaments and so-forth. There are locations that allow BYOB and outside food to be freely brought in, as long as you just pay your normal entry fee.
    Are there better / more numerous locations in other metro areas? Certainly. However, it is inaccurate to say Houston only has one location for pinball/ food/ beer. Just starting with Einstein's, they have places in both Katy and Richmond. The Game Preserve has locations in The Woodlands and Webster. There are other isolated pockets of machines throughout the city.
    Space City Pinball League is a great group of players. Before CV-19, home tournaments were common. Tournaments were held monthly and weekly at some of the locations listed above. We regularly had the most regular events in Texas. I moved from Houston in APR of 2019, I miss the people of SCPL all of the time. I would argue the range of ages/ backgrounds/ diversity of members/ competition in Space City can hang with anyone.
    There are nicer venues around the country, for sure. Almost everybody has been negatively impacted by Cv-19 across tournament play. I feel from your limited info in the OP, you might have only scratched the surface on what is available in H-town. There are definitely more than just one option.

I have been going to Game preserve for years, but it isn't a bar environment..The games are in ok shape... They have not changed much in years... Austin and Dallas have a much better scene... JMO...

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

#1, no you are not crazy. We all are.
    Out of curiosity I grabbed the top 10 populated cities in the US, punched them into www.pinballmap.com and noted # of locations and # of machines for each.
    While there are certainly other hot spots for pinball (i.e. Seattle), Houston stacks up pretty well with the rest of the top 10 populated citites. No city #5-#10 in population has more games than Houston.[quoted image]

And most of those locations are 1 pin locations...Movie theaters...I am not going to a location with one pinball machine...

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Come to nashville. This is 1 location- music city pinball game terminal. 300 games - 2 bars[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now this! Is what I am talking about!

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

this is the amazing part, he got it all completed and open during the pandemic. They had their grand opening about a month ago. He also has a huge outdoor area with tables, another bar, cornhole boards and more. He has plans on adding lots more outdoor stuff like swimming pools. The kids and ladies can hang outside while the guys play pinball and stuff. I think he is trying to pull in some of the Nashville bachelorette party crowd with the outdoor stuff.

Nashville is taking off...My company just expanded there a couple months ago... Maybe I should transfer..lol

#26 3 years ago

I have been on that map..Do tell where there is a rockin location to have drinks and food and pinball play that has more than 2 pinball games?

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from chiefbrody:

kpc? You must play in different places than me, I've never seen those initials.

What places do you play at?

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Couldn’t think of name when I posted......The Game Preserve.

I have been going to the Game Preserve for years..Line up has been the same for awhile and games are in so so shape.. ..They might be closing..They are doing a push to stay open because their lease is up....

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You mean you haven't been to the new 2nd location? 17 pins at that Richmond location.

You mean you haven't been to the Game Preserve NASA location? 20 pins there
    Why would you want to go to a bar to play? Sometimes it is about the people who you meet at these other places and get to know them and the owners that it makes it even more enjoyable.

I actually go to Nasa more because it's closer to my house but Spring has the better pinball machines...Usually there is hardly anybody is there.

#53 3 years ago

I know the title of the post is harsh, Just wanted to get it buzzing.

All the people I have met in pinball are awesome. I guess what I really meant was I am disappointed in the public venues for pinball play.
    Several people have invited me to the league to play but the hours didn't line up with my work schedule...

I know the Expo in Houston is one of the best in the country and love going to it and was really bummed out that this year was canceled for covid.

I hit Einsteins and Game Preserve's and that is about all for public venues. I have 4 pins and my friend has 4 great pins. I could network more to play more home collections I suppose but sometimes I just want to drop in and play without being an inconvenience to someone else. and have a beer and some food..

When I was up in Dallas I went to FreePlay and I really liked it and wished Houston had more sets ups of Food, Beer and games.

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from JNX:

Yeah, it's probably a complete coincidence that dude writes a false thread title, can't find any pinball in a relatively pin-rich area, is given more than a handful of alternatives, rejects them...
    and lookie here... a new venue is being announced( hint: we already knew it was coming.)
    Again, probably a complete coincidence, but if it is NOT; I can guarantee you these tactics are a fantastic way to dissuade support from H-town in general.

Well, as much as you hate the thread title it did bear out some good information...

We found out Nashville has a bad ass pinball place to visit sometime and Cidercade is opening in Houston in the near future which is they type of venue I have been waiting for to come to Houston finally..

I never knew of Mr. Pixels, I want to stop by there and check it out...

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from emspence:

So, Cidercade is exactly what you were looking for...even though it doesn't have beer or food? I thought those were two of your prerequisites.
    Promises food trucks...but, if you have been to other brewery type places you know those aren't always guaranteed to be there/open.
    They announced in 2019, no big news. Drove by where they are supposed to be last week and saw no activity, hope they are able to pull it off soon.

Hoping they transition into more of a Dallas type situation....I have been to Game Preserve tons of times and hardly ever have seen anyone drinking a beer in there..lol

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from emspence:

So, what is a "Dallas type situation?" Also, check out TGP on a tournament day, there will be plenty of BYOB participants, haha.

Dallas type situation? Like adult beverages, good food and Games...

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

Guessing you never went to the pacman fridays at joystixs either, where they open the showroom up. Slightly less old arcade games, but they have more new ones, since Charlie deals with more than just pinball. Been a while since I've been, but he had at least 40-50 pins on the floor.
    Just for the record you could of asked nicely and gotten just as many responses, instead of insulting the Houston scene. Unless there was an ulterior motive, because like its been mentioned there are several other places besides EinStein's pub (even though I might be a little bias ).
    Anyway, hope cidercades is everything you hoped for.

I have done Joysticks. Very fun night...Great pins..But open 2 nights a month from 9pm to 2am before covid and closed ever since... I appreciate the effort by them since they are a retailer.

4 months later
    #93 2 years ago

I have to admidt the new Cidercade is pretty awesome during a week day. I don't go on weekends because its to crazy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kciaccio.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4th-largest-city-in-america-sucks-for-pinball?tu=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.