Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 194 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by tullster
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tully.jpg
    Jan-Feb-Mar 2014 025.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball4ever.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from tullster:

NEWS FLASH!! We went to deliver the games today and unfortunately, some parties got accidentally booked in our room for this weekend. Not wanting to get in the way of some little kids and an 80 year-old, we had to temporarily tuck the games safely away back near the pinsetters. It's tempting to set 'em up there, but it's cramped & noisy!Jan-Feb-Mar 2014 025.jpg 214 KB

That's crazy Tully. Thanks for all your work on this, it's appreciated. Cool shot of the pinsetter room though!

1 week later
    #101 10 years ago

Thanks to Tully and everyone who helped out!

It was so much fun, and also thanks to all the great players who showed up! I knew it was going to be a battle watching some of the crazy high scores in the first 30 minutes. Wow.

Seeing a 770M game on Dredd and watching Andy put up 41M on Big Buck (right before he played me on the same game - talk about intimidation) was incredible. Congrats to Eric S. for his great play - didn't even need double elimination in the B bracket!

Just an absolute blast!

#160 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I still can't believe a guy who won the B division and was ranked 15th in qualifying is ranked 15th after the fact.
    He would have been better off just leaving after he qualified. Granted he won a trophy but us that were there know he should be ranked higher.
    Should he not be ranked 9th.

I hear you. I qualified 21st and finished 2nd in "B". I made the mistake of not reading the rules on the website ahead of time and figured I'd finish 10th overall, but I finished 21st.

I don't fault anyone (except myself) as the rules were written out clearly on the website, and it did show only the "A" qualifiers could change their positions in the playoffs.

I had a blast so it's not a big deal (hey, it's only pinball!), just a little rough considering I played an extra 5 hours or so without knowing the outcome didn't matter for my rankings.

That was my fault though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball4ever.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4th-annual-waun-a-pinball-tourney-madison-wi-area-412014?tu=pinball4ever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.