Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 194 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by tullster
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tully.jpg
    Jan-Feb-Mar 2014 025.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ARTMAN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 10 years ago

One of the best tourneys in the area. Looking forward to it!

1 month later
    #96 10 years ago

A giant thank you to everyone who helped put on the event, Tully, Tmac, Whysnow and the rest of the score keepers and enterers! It was good seeing everyone and playing some great games of pinball with the WI crew. The line-up this year was awesome and the games were perfect. I love playing stuff you don't normally see let alone games in such great working condition!

Playing in WI definitely has a different and fun vibe you just don't find elsewhere

#140 10 years ago

If it's not a logistics nightmare perhaps have Saturday be qualifying all day and then do finals Sunday morning? I think the player count was perfect but sometimes it can take players a bit to get the feel of the games. If you can only play each twice (if you started right when it opened) that might prevent some of the late comers or "B" players from qualifying as high as they potentially could.

I would imagine most are shooting for as high as they can go (as they should) and not trying to limit themselves to B. That being said, I think expanding to 1-16 is fine. Just don't make it so the bracket goes 1 against 16, 2, against 15, etc. and the lower qualified players won't feel they're walking into something impossible. Or, give a bye to the top 4 or something like that.

#144 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Just curious, as a high ranked player>> what are your thoughts on a playoff starting out with 1vs 2, 3vs4, 5vs6, 7vs8?

The tricky part is making sure there's an incentive to qualify higher. When it's 1vs16 it's clearly better to be 1 than 16 but if it's 1vs2 some folks might intentionally try to be at the bottom half. For that I suggest having byes for round 1. With the promise of a bye I imagine everyone would want to be in the top group.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ARTMAN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4th-annual-waun-a-pinball-tourney-madison-wi-area-412014?tu=ARTMAN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.