Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by dfsays
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3795_489863667723071_2070345577_n[1].jpg
    #1 11 years ago

This event is designed to be "FAMILY FRIENDLY" and we encourage everyone to come out and have a wonderful experience playing over 150+ machines at the Michigan Pinball Expo. All the pinball machines in the Expo room will be set on FREE PLAY. Those pinball machines will be available to the public to play for FREE* from the start of the Expo until the close of the Expo!!! 57 TOTAL HOURS!!!

Tournament machines will be located on the back wall where you can really test your pinball skills by paying low entry fees for a chance to win BIG MONEY and TROPHIES. We offer tournaments for every skill level. So whether you are a "Pinball Wizard" going for the title of "Michigan Pinball Champion" or a "Wizard in Training" competing at the kids level, we offer many divisions so you can compete among your peers.

It's all about having FUN! We will also have many vendors along 3 walls of the Michigan Pinball Expo. Full size arcade pinball machines will be for sale from local collectors and businesses such as Prestige Pinball. We will also be announcing new additions to the show daily, so please check back often! With over 15,000 sq. ft. of pinball goodness going on, there is something for everyone at the Michigan Pinball Expo.

If you want to be appraised of the latest happenings, sign up for our Google Group mailing list, and join us on Facebook. Lots of great news is coming daily!

Thank you for your time and we hope to see you, your family, and all your friends at the Michigan Pinball Expo!

Video from 2012 courtesy of Scott Freeman

Website
    http://www.MiPinball.com/

Michigan Pinball Expo Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/MichiganPinballExpo

2013 Michigan Pinball Expo Facebook event
    https://www.facebook.com/events/189047287903209/

Twitter
    https://twitter.com/mipinballexpo

3795_489863667723071_2070345577_n[1].jpg3795_489863667723071_2070345577_n[1].jpg

#2 11 years ago

hey! if you would like to use my TRS you would be welcome to it. my only issue would be transportation to and from the expo. do you know anyone who could transport it to and from the expo?
    Ed
    ps I love my ACDC!

#3 11 years ago

I plan on going!

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from edwinpblue:

hey! if you would like to use my TRS you would be welcome to it. my only issue would be transportation to and from the expo. do you know anyone who could transport it to and from the expo?

Where is your game located?

#5 11 years ago

I go every year!

#6 11 years ago

my stones is located in saginaw

#7 11 years ago

I'm in this year, my 12 yr. old son wants to go too! I haven't been able to go in about 7 yrs. so it's about due time!
    Look forward to catching up with some old 'pinhead' friends of mine and maybe meeting some new ones.

#8 11 years ago

As always can't wait.

#9 11 years ago

Okay....everyone has to wear a tee shirt with their Pinside name on it.

#10 11 years ago

Really looking forward to it although last year's line-up was a bit weaker than in years past if I recall. The line-up advertised on the website has always been more attractive than what is actually there. (Definitely thankful though that this expo is available. Sorry to grouse.) Anyway, this leads me to a question. Unless your game is for sale, what do you possibly stand to gain by putting your machine on the floor? Perhaps, that's not the best way to say this in that everything that we do doesn't revolve around "what we have to gain" by any stretch. It just seems high risk (potentially 1000's of plays, moving damage, loss of HUO, etc.) and little reward except for perhaps showering the pinball community with your generosity and gaining favor. Maybe if you have multiple games and can wrench on your own games in the event of a malfunction, it's not a problem. But man, I can't see a scenario where I would have faith in taking my game there to be played by a ton of people I don't know.

Interested in input on this matter. Thanks.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from flipperfingers:

Anyway, this leads me to a question. Unless your game is for sale, what do you possibly stand to gain by putting your machine on the floor?

Some people like to be part of the action, part of what helps make a show great.

If nobody brought games, well there wouldn't be a show.

Remember this isn't just Michigan Pinball Expo's show, it is your show too.

LTG : )

#12 11 years ago

What Lloyd said.

We also have a roaming team of technicians to work on any games that experience issues while on the floor. We use a keyboard system that corresponds to a number on each game so we can quickly fix them if something goes wrong. We also have incentives to bring games such as cash prizes for best in show for each style game along with giving a full show pass for each game someone brings to the show. I brought my nearly mint Whitewater last year and it got almost 1250 plays over four days. It needed a quick shop job afterward but people were happy to play it and that's what made me happy.

As for the line-up, well we post what people say they are bringing but it's always subject to change, things sometimes fall through in peoples plans.

Either way, we hope to see you there!

#13 11 years ago

Also, we had someone bring a HUO Medieval Madness to the show, and they also brought a HUO Addams Family the year before that. Pinballs were meant to be played.

3 weeks later
    #14 11 years ago

The game list is starting to grow! We're giving away a Jersey Jack The Hobbit pin this year and you can have a chance to win it just by bringing games to the show! We've already given away a brand new Stern Tron and a JJP Wizard of Oz in the past two years! Contact us as soon as possible if you want to participate in this years show! Plus we have new cash awards to be handed out for best in show awards!

http://www.MiPinball.com

2 weeks later
    #15 11 years ago

I'll be attending again this year. Going on Thursday and staying overnight this time. There are fewer people than on the weekend, which means shorter lines. Can't wait to try out WoZ!

4 weeks later
    #16 11 years ago

Just about two weeks out, our game list and speaker list is getting solidified! Python Angelo, Steve Ritchie, plus a few others we are dialing in still. Who all is coming? We've got tourney players coming from Sweden, Italy, The Netherlands, Brazil and a few other areas of the world.

#18 11 years ago

I'll be going this year, always a good time. I believe my kids are off of school that week, so I might take off of work on Friday and go with them to give them a better chance of playing more games.

Scott

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyboy6:

I'll be going this year, always a good time. I believe my kids are off of school that week, so I might take off of work on Friday and go with them to give them a better chance of playing more games.
    Scott

I would even go to work Friday and take Thursday off is possible. Thursday is a dream; No waiting at all.

#20 11 years ago

This is a classic case of wish I was closer.

After going to the Texas pinball festival, which was only three days, I have a major bug to want to go to more shows!!

#21 11 years ago

I'm in the Pin Brawl with my brother. This will be the first tournament I've ever been in. Actually, It'll be a first for both of us. I'm a little nervous. I know I'm gonna suck! LOL

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from bpull:

Actually, It'll be a first for both of us. I'm a little nervous. I know I'm gonna suck! LOL

If you're gunna suck, then all the pressure is off you and you can just play relaxed

Make sure you practice up on SS & EMs for Pinbrawl.

#23 11 years ago

true Law, I think I'm more nervous because I'm not sure what to expect. But I think it'll be a blast. Last year was my first time at the show and I helped setup for a few hours and met some great people. This year I couldn't help because of health reasons.

#24 11 years ago

Really looking forward to playing some games I have been wanting to try! Hopefully none come home with me...

#25 11 years ago

speak of the devil, Hey bro, I need to come over and practice on your games some.

#26 11 years ago

No need to stress on Pinbrawl, even if you've never played in it or other tourneys before. Just straight up fun for a few hours, battling head to head against other two person teams. It does get a little heated in the A & B divisions even though it's only for glory and trophies, but don't get worked up. Just chill, play, have a good time, make new friends, and when you get settled, start talking smack!

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from bpull:

true Law, I think I'm more nervous because I'm not sure what to expect.

It's too goddamn early for me in the day to even have time to be worried.

#28 11 years ago

Practice? We don't need no stinking practice... See like that.
    It's going to be fun. The kids are excited. I hope there is a Tron or the boy is going to be mad. That is all he has talked about from last years show.

You still have not been over to kill Drac! Come on by, anytime.

#29 11 years ago

I went last year on Saturday with my wife and couldn't believe my eyes...the place was packed! I know we have a lot of pinheads here in Michigan, but what Koz and the crew have done with the show in just a few years is absolutely AMAZING! I'm looking forward to the show again this year, and so is my wife. I can't really help move a lot of games around because of my back, but if you need help in other areas you can send me a PM and let me know what day and times you need some coverage and I will be more than happy to help any way I can.

#30 11 years ago

Anyone who wants to volunteer can sign up on the website here. Just select the times and dates you want to help out on.

http://www.mipinball.com/?p=721

#31 11 years ago

How are the crowds on Sunday? That's the only day I can make it.

#32 11 years ago

Got my tickets for Thursday night. Looking forward to meeting some Pinsiders this year.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

How are the crowds on Sunday? That's the only day I can make it.

Not too bad overall. Probably the 3rd busiest day of the event with Saturday being #1, and Friday #2.

#34 11 years ago

Astro, if you are looking to pick up parts from vendors get there early Sunday. I got there last year at 10am on Sunday and they were all pretty much packing up their tables. Not that I blame them, I am sure they had long trips home or on to the next show. Lesson learned. Saved me some money I guess.

#35 11 years ago

Thanks for the tip.

#36 11 years ago

What vendors will be at the show that sell LEDs? Pinballlife? Cointaker?

1 week later
    #37 11 years ago

I'm soooo happy to have Thursday and Friday off work for MPE this year!! Have my wife and daughter in the local hotel with a pool, there to keep me company when I need a break from the silver ball.

Don't forget to visit Marvin's Marvelous Mechanincal Museum if you're from out of town (like me). I'm taking the girls there on Thursday evening after dinnner and before the early premiere of Evil Dead at the Great Lakes Crossing movie theater.

http://marvin3m.com/

I can't explain how awesome this place is; a true one-of-a-kind. Not all about pinball (they have those too), but soooo many cool things to see and do. Plan at least an hour to enjoy it all.

#38 11 years ago

Heard Koz interviewed on NPR this afternoon. Excitement is building for the show.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Heard Koz interviewed on NPR this afternoon. Excitement is building for the show.

Listen to it:

http://www.michiganradio.org/post/going-full-tilt-michigan-pinball-expo

#40 11 years ago

Illinois Pinball Company showed up with a ton of parts tonight.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from mipinballexpo:

Illinois Pinball Company showed up with a ton of parts tonight.

Do they have CFTBL Holos? Do they have TAF pfs?

If so, grab me one of each please!

#42 11 years ago

gonna be there Friday only..

#43 11 years ago

They DID have CFTBL holos there...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4th-annual-michigan-pinball-expo-april-4th-5th-6th-and-7th-2013 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.