6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gregh43
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC06965.jpg
    DSC06920.JPG
    DSC06986.JPG
    DSC06984.JPG
    DSC06996.jpg
    DSC06993.jpg
    image-969.jpg
    image-26.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103_4999-399.JPG
    103_5044.JPG
    103_5041.JPG
    103_5027-462.JPG
    image-947.jpg
    IMAG0879.jpg

There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

One great thing about virtuals is the fact that games like zen's starwars series are really cool as well as iPad apps like acdc pinball rocks and undead attack which are fun too. So... In addition to simulations of real stuff you can play originals and things that would be super expensive or impossible to build.

#52 6 years ago

let's be clear : it will NEVER replace a real pin...

but if you can build/buy one, go for it, it will complete your gameroom, even more if you also got a mame-cab

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from BestShot31:

Not having played a visual pinball machine, I'm intrigued by the shear number of games available and the the quality of the reproduction graphics.
    However, it's still not a true pinball machine.
    Someone please educate me about these machines. Should I get one?

I agree. REAL pinball shouldn't even have flippers. That's why I refuse to play these new "fake pinball machines" from stern and JJP.

#54 6 years ago

Anyone interested in my vp that would have to drive far i'm willing to take some off the price to help Also I'm looking for haunted house pinball or give me a offer i don't bite worst i say is no

#55 6 years ago

Another nice thing about virtual pinball is the custom pins and mods for games. There's also thing you add a shaker or a real dmd.

#56 6 years ago

I have a virtual pin and I love it. Allows me to play rare euro games i've never seen. Lets me learn the rules and get used to games for tournament that I would never want to own. The footprint it takes up is well worth it for me. When your out of space and you have access to play every game ever made, that's fantastic. Most of the tables have gotten to the point, where they are very very close to the real thing. The EM's are very well done plus you have well over 400 games you can download for free. Every little aspect is adjustable. So if it doesn't feel real enough for you. Adjust it until it does.

Plus on mine, I bought a duel X arcade joystick and use it for a MAME emulator as well. So it has 168 pinball machines, 6000+ arcades, every super nintendo, genesis, Atari 2600, 5800, 7800, NES, Gameboy, N64, gamecube game on it as well. It can do anything. Plus you can use it as a jukebox. It's my 2nd most expensive pin i've ever bought and well worth it.

#57 6 years ago

We'll said CaptianNeo

#58 6 years ago

Yep.. well said Captain Neo.

#59 6 years ago

Nice! CaptainNeo Did you build your own VP or
    buy one? please share a pic of your
    VP4

#60 6 years ago

With modern pins pushing $8000 a piece, and 25 year old routed games pushing $4000 these days, you're going to be seeing a lot more Virtual Pins in the near future. I'm just finishing one right now and I have orders for 3 more. The cabs have already been dropped off at my shop.
    With the prices being gleefully inflated more and more every month, the casual collector is being replaced with rich guys that obviously have no problem buying games that will soon be $15,000 each (if Gary has anything to say about it). Only in the pinball world are people willing to drop $8000 on a game they've never even seen a photo of! Apparently I'm the only one that thinks that is ridiculous. Not only that, but willing to accept the fact that the code will probably never be finished.
    I've been in the pinball world since 76 and I've always been a purist, but honestly I can't afford $5-10,000 toys. At this point restorations of real pins is taking a backseat to building Virtual Pins. It's what my customers want now. It may not have the impact on pricing that Mame machines had on the video game collecting market, but I believe it's going to take a bite. I can easily see these on location, no board problems, no waxing, no broken plastics, no burned connectors. Anything that breaks on them can be changed in minutes.
    It may not be real, but people really seem to like them.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballShawn:

With modern pins pushing $8000 a piece, and 25 year old routed games pushing $4000 these days, you're going to be seeing a lot more Virtual Pins in the near future. I'm just finishing one right now and I have orders for 3 more. The cabs have already been dropped off at my shop.
    With the prices being gleefully inflated more and more every month, the casual collector is being replaced with rich guys that obviously have no problem buying games that will soon be $15,000 each (if Gary has anything to say about it). Only in the pinball world are people willing to drop $8000 on a game they've never even seen a photo of! Apparently I'm the only one that thinks that is ridiculous. Not only that, but willing to accept the fact that the code will probably never be finished.
    I've been in the pinball world since 76 and I've always been a purist, but honestly I can't afford $5-10,000 toys. At this point restorations of real pins is taking a backseat to building Virtual Pins. It's what my customers want now. It may not have the impact on pricing that Mame machines had on the video game collecting market, but I believe it's going to take a bite. I can easily see these on location, no board problems, no waxing, no broken plastics, no burned connectors. Anything that breaks on them can be changed in minutes.
    It may not be real, but people really seem to like them.

Great Post shawn and very good points Kinda makes not want to sell mine now but but i need the room for a pinball thats coming in soon.

#62 6 years ago

Great Post Shawn! Now you got me thinking about selling off my collection of pins. anyone interested in
    trading a Virtual for a Kiss or Terminator 2???

#63 6 years ago

I have the extreme widebody from virtuapin.net . High end all the way. Monopoly is one of the most demanding tables out there, and I can run it flawlessly without glitches. VP has come along so far since 2006. The ultrapin was a piece of garbage. The new stuff is so fantastic. Everyone that has played my Virtual pin, has loved it and many went and ordered one. They also have a mini tabletop version for those that don't want to take up an entire footprint. Plus the nudging has been greatly improved in the last 9 months.

#64 6 years ago

Since i getting a bunch of question were i'm located ill post it here. I tried to put on my profile but map is not working right.

Located in Gwynn Oak Maryland 21207

#65 6 years ago

PM sent.

#66 6 years ago

pm replied too

#67 6 years ago

I make a 32" model and everyone that has gotten one of mine love them. Here are a few pics of what they look like. Got one that should be finished up in a couple of days and ready for x-mas delivery if anyone is looking. PM me for price and info.

#68 6 years ago

103_5027-462.JPG103_5041.JPG103_5044.JPG103_4999-399.JPG

#69 6 years ago

great ! (well, small, but great)

#70 6 years ago

mine also in that size, in a 8BDLX version 2 style, with 32" for the playfield & 19" (divided by 2) for the BG

if you like pinball, a pincab remain a must have for more than hundred reasons, as said by CaptainNeo

http://mk1.ti1ca.com/myeetgdf-1024.jpg

#71 6 years ago

The one I am finishing up just sold... back to pre-order status.

#72 6 years ago

My plane is once i sell my virtual pinball and get my Haunted House Pinball. Then i going get a mini vp cab I wish i had room for more

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from RipleYYY:

mine also in that size, in a 8BDLX version 2 style, with 32" for the playfield & 19" (divided by 2) for the BG
    if you like pinball, a pincab remain a must have for more than hundred reasons, as said by CaptainNeo
    http://mk1.ti1ca.com/myeetgdf-1024.jpg

nice vp

#74 6 years ago

A daily dose of Bumpage lol

#75 6 years ago

Since i have gotten more questions here is more info.

Questions
    1.What are the extra buttons for ?
    **They are for games like shadow for diverters

2.What software are running on it ?
    **Im using hyper pin as front end for Future Pinball and Visual Pinball

3.Were i'm i located ?
    ** Baltimore Maryland

If anyone has more questions just lmk and yes its still for sale

#76 6 years ago

Here is a bad shot of my p2k cab from vpcabs.
    Brad does great work. Although it was a tricky, it's running VP, FP and PBFX2 all from Hyperpin.

image.jpg
    #77 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballPais:

Brad does great work. Although it was a tricky, it's running VP, FP and PBFX2 all from Hyperpin.

image.jpg 268 KB

Nice looks good and yea i'm be getting a mini vp cab from him.

#78 6 years ago

You'll be happy. Brad makes a great product.

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballPais:

image.jpg 268 KB

How do you like pinball fx2 ? and yea hyperpin can be a pain to get running.

#80 6 years ago

not a big fan of P2K cabs. I prefer the classic
    traditional cabs. you wanna a great Virtual goto
    ultimatehomearcade.com. this guy makes
    kick ass virtuals.

#81 6 years ago

Daily Bumpage any I'm open to trades/cash deals just make one. Only pinball I'm really looking for is a haunted house but still open to good deals Another question I got was why are you selling ? The awnser is I need room for real pinball. If you have any questions lmk

#82 6 years ago

Added pics image.jpgimage-969.jpgimage-26.jpg

#83 6 years ago

Looks Great! did you do the decals??

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Looks Great! did you do the decals??

no there were allready on the cabnet but yeah looks awesome

#85 6 years ago

btw, just wanted to say. that place I got my virtual pin from is virtuapin.net. Not .com.

#86 6 years ago

I'm all sold out... the one I listed to "get in time for x-mas" sold in about 24 hours and then sold another one that I now have to build. If anyone ever has any interest in a mini that is like mine PM me.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from bub2010:

I'm all sold out... the one I listed to "get in time for x-mas" sold in about 24 hours and then sold another one that I now have to build. If anyone ever has any interest in a mini that is like mine PM me.

Even more reason to buy mine as its ready too go now no waiting Get it for xmas Congrats on selling yours bub there look swesome

#88 6 years ago

Delete this reply post

#89 6 years ago

Soooo who wants it lol

#90 6 years ago

Is that Cabinet from a Creature from
    Black Lagoon Pinball?

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Is that Cabinet from a Creature from
    Black Lagoon Pinball?

Only the dmd/speaker panel was the art work on side was added. The cabinet was a robocop

#92 6 years ago

Sold Pending Payment

#93 6 years ago

Still working on mine, it will have a 46" Led for the playfiled, 29" Led for the Back glass and a 19" Lcd for the DMD. Still have to route the body for the 46" Led for the playfield, have the Back box ready for paint and final touches.DSC06920.JPGDSC06993.jpgDSC06996.jpgDSC06986.JPGDSC06984.JPGDSC06965.jpg

#94 6 years ago

nice looks good so far

#96 6 years ago

Now on too getting my mini vp now that i have room for me Haunted House

#97 6 years ago

Awesome! please share some pics of your Mini VP when you get it

There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside