• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FC6AE549-69A3-4347-9908-303EEA41E1B8 (resized).jpeg
3B72C782-7888-4586-B299-E6381162BF08 (resized).jpeg
926C3442-E0CB-401D-89DD-44D8E5075B85 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

I added a 2-1 4K Vpin to the home arcade over the holidays. Anybody else have one of these machines to supplement their pinball addiction? This 2-1 machine is loaded with over 1,000 VPX, FX3, future pinball tables and has 40k arcades games on the hyperspin side. It’s got a bunch of different components that help simulate a real table like, Stern shaker motor, solenoids, force feedback etc. Overall it does a good job mimicking the experience of playing a real pinball machine. It’s a great way to learn the rules or be able to test out a table you might not find in the wild.

3B72C782-7888-4586-B299-E6381162BF08 (resized).jpeg3B72C782-7888-4586-B299-E6381162BF08 (resized).jpeg926C3442-E0CB-401D-89DD-44D8E5075B85 (resized).jpeg926C3442-E0CB-401D-89DD-44D8E5075B85 (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago

I added one from a private builder a month ago and saw this being built on youtube. Already looking to upgrade my graphics card and going to 4k. Definitely not actual pinball but I'll always keep one and might even upgrade to one like yours in a couple years. How do you like it so far?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

How do you like it so far?

Yeah you definitely need the 4K experience or visually it just looks like a video game. I’ve got everything upgraded on mine, 120hz monitor, cpu and gpu. I’m really surprised how well it simulates real pinball, some tables play 90-95% identical to the real thing. Of course nothing beats the enjoyment of real pinball but it’s great to have all of your favorite tables on one machine.

#4 3 years ago

4k is awesome! VR is mind blowing in its infancy! I went from 4k to VR and wont look back. But you build looks beautiful!!!!

#5 3 years ago

I built mine years ago, before 4K was a thing, but still updating the PC with the newer upgraded tables. Still looks great even in standard HD, and yes it’ll never be real pinball but it’s still fun in it’s own right. Also taught me what tables I like and don’t care too much for. After comparing with real versions of those games my assessments were pretty spot on.

#6 3 years ago

My pinball friend just built one.

At first, i was skeptical.

But man. It's COOL as hell. We spent literally 3 hours playing it non stop trying to beat different games. No flipper lag at all.

Actually really made me reconsider the hobby in that i could just own a VP instead of dealing with real pins and them breaking, etc.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinmasher:

4k is awesome! VR is mind blowing in its infancy! I went from 4k to VR and wont look back. But you build looks beautiful!!!!

I’m not really into the VR scene, I’d rather just play real pinball than have to wear bulky goggles.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Also taught me what tables I like and don’t care too much for. After comparing with real versions of those games my assessments were pretty spot on.

It’s great to be able to test play a game I’m interested in buying in real life, if I don’t like the way it plays virtually I doubt I’m going to enjoy the physical table. Some of these VPX tables are so good my high scores match my real machines, crazy accurate!

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

My pinball friend just built one.
At first, i was skeptical.
But man. It's COOL as hell. We spent literally 3 hours playing it non stop trying to beat different games. No flipper lag at all.
Actually really made me reconsider the hobby in that i could just own a VP instead of dealing with real pins and them breaking, etc.

I wasn’t expecting to enjoy it as much as I have been. I don’t get nearly the same adrenaline rush as I get on a real machine but all the other sensations are there. It’s just great to have all the classic tables in one cabinet.

#10 3 years ago

Looks cool! Who makes that one?

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks cool! Who makes that one?

Xtreme Gaming Cabinets

#12 3 years ago

Since I was having so much
fun on the GB themed Vpin.......I commissioned this 1/4 scale Black Knight 2K replica, mini Vpin by a Facebook builder. All the buttons are fully functional, the plunger works, coin door even opens and closes. It’s been the perfect novelty item for my home arcade.

FC6AE549-69A3-4347-9908-303EEA41E1B8 (resized).jpegFC6AE549-69A3-4347-9908-303EEA41E1B8 (resized).jpeg
#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Briks-707:

It’s great to be able to test play a game I’m interested in buying in real life, if I don’t like the way it plays virtually I doubt I’m going to enjoy the physical table. Some of these VPX tables are so good my high scores match my real machines, crazy accurate!

This

Perfect reason to own one. I use vr too sometimes but I really don't like seeing something on my face. I've actually thought about revisiting getting another cabinet.

4k, solenoids and 120hz monitor is a must. Prices are all over the place on them

1 week later
#14 3 years ago

Thanks for the walk through video on youtube, that's a really nice unit.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Thanks for the walk through video on youtube, that's a really nice unit.

I appreciate you watching the video. I’ve really been enjoying this machine, it’s exceeded all my expectations!

#16 3 years ago

I started off with a vpin and loved it, but now after owning a number of real pins I find the physics unbearable.

VPX is now at the stage where it looks like so realistic and the community are doing some amazing work, but the ball movement and the way it interacts with the various objects is so fake. One would thing it would be easy in this day and age to replicate physics consistently, but it's still very much down to the values assigned by the table author. There is also flipper lag due to the time it takes to process the video image, this has got better with technologies but it's still there.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4k-vpinball-machine-?hl=pinmasher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.