Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fuseholder
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

puke (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crile1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 4 years ago

The most up to date VPX physics are pretty great. Played Tron on location, came back home and adjusted the table dimensions based on the location pin experience and then played a few games. The ball bounces, scoop ejects, and loops all played identical to the location game. Was even able to hit the Gem shot off the TRON bank. I think most folks on Pinside base virtual pinball off of FX2, FX3, and Stern Arcade experience. But VPX on a cabinet with full feedback, especially with high resolution monitors is pretty fantastic. Unless a game has a specific mech that can't really be translated to virtual reality, then games are pretty close to real.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I'm a huge proponent of VP and built the best possible out there. I also own a real Tron pinball machine
    The VPX representation is DEF not identical to the physics of my real tron.
    Yes it feels and plays similar and yes you can bank but identical? Def, def not.

I don't know Delt. I went home thinking of getting a Tron, then played some games on my cab and changed my mind. I'm running TerryRed's PUPPACK verion. It has full screen movie clips with overlay animations, color dmd, and custom sound mix using original soundtrack. It's pretty great. I get that it is not real. But its pretty great and since I already have the cab, it's 6--10K cheaper!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crile1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4k-virtual-pinball-it-looks-so-good?tu=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.