6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by TheGunnett
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ED0AFE31-7419-4788-B965-C05FE73B383D (resized).jpeg

#1 6 months ago

I'm trying to avoid doing a "best" value in pinball bc that's been done so many times and it's the usual suspects..... Shadow, WCS, BSD, etc

I rather point out some more expensive pins that might not be 4k and under but still deserve to be recognized bc of their current value and potential to significantly increase in price going forward.

Here are my picks
    :

Hobbit- I struggle to find a pin with more going for it at a price that is under 7k than Hobbit. The code, the detail in the pf, the lighting and sound, the shot layout, the monitor, the amazing powder, the EXTRA PF monitor, it has a ton. I currently own one and whenever I think about selling I realize how much I'm giving up. I believe this one will rise soon.

AFMLE - the top rated pinball game in the world (or close 2nd - depending on the day) you're getting the opportunity to play it basically brand new and with exclusive extras including the sickest topper out there. Current price is around 7500-8k which couldn't even touch an updated original before the rerelease. The fact the entire table is a limited quantity - I just can't see how this doesn't go up a lot now that they are all sold out.

Honorable mention

Walking Dead pro. I've seen them for sub 5 modded. I still have trouble appreciating it but I know it will click one day. The vault edition of released could impact this but for now amazing value.

#2 6 months ago

Metallica Pro: usually 4500-5000. Snake and Sparky are great toys, captive ball and in-line drops are fun too. When you learn the item collection hurry ups for the various shots the code becomes fun and lasting.

Star Trek Pro: usually 4500-5000. Awesome Vengeance ship toy. Best shooting and flow game of the modern era. Great Thiel sound package.

Walking Dead Premium: 5900(find one where prison magnet doesn’t throw it STDM) add cleland sound and put a slingshot rubber below the right ramp to limit the center drain from the pops. Ultra fun code, most satisfying shots of the modern era(except for the left ramp)

Game of Thrones: 5900. The best coded game for home use play. So many things to do. Great sound, yes the premium because of the better dragon toy, a rare instance of an upper play field that is fun when used for secondary purposes after you accomplish what you want to do first after short plunging, and an awesome light show mimicking the wildfire explosion from Blackwater Bay on the show. Play it, then watch Chuck Wurts tutorial to get the astounding breadth this game offers. Also Color DMD and a shaker are a must for the full effect of the game. Also has silky smooth shots and great Ritchie flow.

Gun to my head for just one, I’d pick Walking Dead for the most satisfying shots ever. I had it for a while and can’t stop playing it.

#3 6 months ago

How about TF PRO? Good, fun, and rare. A true LE.

#4 6 months ago

Big hurt is a very underrated 4K pin.

#5 6 months ago
    Quoted from CreepyTom:

Metallica Pro: usually 4500-5000. Snake and Sparky are great toys, captive ball and in-line drops are fun too. When you learn the item collection hurry ups for the various shots the code becomes fun and lasting.
    Star Trek Pro: usually 4500-5000. Awesome Vengeance ship toy. Best shooting and flow game of the modern era. Great Thiel sound package.
    Walking Dead Premium: 5900(find one where prison magnet doesn’t throw it STDM) add cleland sound and put a slingshot rubber below the right ramp to limit the center drain from the pops. Ultra fun code, most satisfying shots of the modern era(except for the left ramp)
    Game of Thrones: 5900. The best coded game for home use play. So many things to do. Great sound, yes the premium because of the better dragon toy, a rare instance of an upper play field that is fun when used for secondary purposes after you accomplish what you want to do first after short plunging, and an awesome light show mimicking the wildfire explosion from Blackwater Bay on the show. Play it, then watch Chuck Wurts tutorial to get the astounding breadth this game offers. Also Color DMD and a shaker are a must for the full effect of the game. Also has silky smooth shots and great Ritchie flow.
    Gun to my head for just one, I’d pick Walking Dead for the most satisfying shots ever. I had it for a while and can’t stop playing it.

Just got done binge watching the entire series - I might have to check out GOT.

Totally agree with Met and ST

#6 6 months ago

The Walking Dead Pro, I was lucky to find one in December 2014 for $4500 only had 64 plays. Born date Nov 14. The guy I bought it from didn't think it was appropriate for his kids. So for me it's holding value. Kicks my A$$ a lot.

Two pins I want and was a little late both time to purchase.
    Hobbit and Game of Thrones

#7 6 months ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

How about TF PRO? Good, fun, and rare. A true LE.

If you're paying over $4,000 for a TF pro, you're getting ripped off.

#8 6 months ago

"value" is a very personal and subjective term. I just play as many games as possible through leagues and shows , if I like the game then I will buy it. My collection is all over the place with high priced and low priced games but they are all games that I love to play. Currently I'm playing JM and DW a lot which are about 1/3 the price of a new game. They clearly are not 1/3 as fun. Mathematically its enjoyment/price=value. How much enjoyment depends on YOU and not some other guy's stupid rating or review.

#9 6 months ago

Hobbit is the correct answer here. There is simply not another game on the market whatsoever that matches the polish, depth, quality, immersion, fun, replability, etc for less than $7000. Game of Thrones premium is another good example but when for 700-1000 more you can get a Hobbit there is no comparison.

#10 6 months ago

I agree with the Hobbit assessment....I would also add WOZ to the list...u can pick up a nice WOZ for around the same price ....

#11 6 months ago

TH for sure. I just got one back and man is it fun. The code updates recently have transformed that game.

Where are WOZ selling under 7k?

#12 6 months ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

TH for sure. I just got one back and man is it fun. The code updates recently have transformed that game.
    Where are WOZ selling under 7k?

Well I said around $7K ....I just picked up my second WOZ for $7400....ECLE, HUO, great mods ($700 worth), 7.5V buffered boards, 150 plays, one owner, Mint...took a while to find, but their out there....in my opinion incredible value as that pin is loaded.

#13 6 months ago

I’ll throw in SM into the hat. Great toys, callouts, layout and scoring. One of Sterns best pins and can easily be had under $5k. Just the ultimate package and is going for the same, if not less in some cases as ST, TWD, and GoT.

Also honorable mention to RBION. It’s one of Lawlors best layouts, my personal favorite, and a bazillion things to do. Most are going for around $3500-4300 (so the nicer ones fit into this discussion) and I can’t think of a title with more for less.

#14 6 months ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

I'd argue if you're paying over $4k for a TFLE you're getting ripped off.

#15 6 months ago

I just picked up a WPT. Lots of fun and depth for around 3k. SM is top value for me. I traded a GoT pro for mine and do not regret it.

#16 6 months ago

Agreed, WPT is easily one of the greatest machines value wise in terms of what it has to offer. So much to do on this table & the depth is just short of infinity. With sixteen drop targets & the ability to stack, this machine goes haywire then calms down to an almost monotonic pace until the pitch builds up again. Very challenging & a sharpshooters dream. I highly recommend this Steve Richie hidden gem!

#17 6 months ago

MMR all day, especially now that you can get a secondary market one as low as 7K.

That’s right, MM just came up in a value pin thread.

#18 6 months ago

Got was awesome. I sometimes miss it in my collection. I had the premium.

#19 6 months ago

The Hobbit is as close to a "keeper" as I've ever owned. There's one more moderate software update coming in the next month or two. Maybe the last time to find one under $7k for a long time. It's just the pinnacle of a world under glass adventure with FULL licensed assets, an incredible game art and display, full RGB lightshow and the best sound in pinball. Everything about it just feels like luxury with zero cheapness or BOM sacrifices.

#20 6 months ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Really ??????? The future-Mrs. and I are looking for one.

#21 6 months ago

Supreme at $20k is a steal- I'd gladly pay $75k for that sweet, highly-detailed logo delicately slapped over every inch of that glistening playfield.

'Value' at the high-end of pricing is kind of a funny concept. Meaning you'd happily pay if manufacturers charged more for these already pricey games?

#22 6 months ago

Bugs Bunny .......

#23 6 months ago

Dialed In Standard.

You can get these for less than a Stern Premium on the secondary market now. The game is packed, it plays great, and the code is outstanding. It's too bad the theme's initial impression is holding this one back. It's a great game for the money, even though it's still an expensive game.

#24 6 months ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Dialed In Standard.
    You can get these for less than a Stern Premium on the secondary market now. The game is packed, it plays great, and the code is outstanding. It's too bad the theme's initial impression is holding this one back. It's a great game for the money, even though it's still an expensive game.

That's a really interesting one. Good call. I have a premium and would rather pay for the upgrade but you can get a great game with the standard to your point.

#25 6 months ago
    Quoted from delt31:

That's a really interesting one. Good call. I have a premium and would rather pay for the upgrade but you can get a great game with the standard to your point.

Where are Dialed in 6k or less???

Most stern premiums not named Iron Maiden are 6k or less...or are you talking NIB premium prices at 7300? Even that, where are the Dialed In at low 7?

#26 6 months ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Most stern premiums not named Iron Maiden are 6k or less...or are you talking NIB premium prices at 7300? Even that, where are the Dialed In at low 7?

I recently found one for $6400.

Even the Standard has more going on in it than a Stern Premium, LE, or even SLE. I'd consider it a good value for the money.

#27 6 months ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Exactly. Value would be selling for $5800. Anything in the Marketplace is basically retaining NIB pricing.

#28 6 months ago

I wish that AMH would have kept its value better. In 2016 I bought one for $7500 that's what they were going for back then easily and now they seem to be sitting at $5500 or so. I'm looking to put mine up for sale soon. I'll just have to take the loss and thats fine. It's a fun and unique game but lack of space dictates that it must go for the eventual arrival of Metallica.

#29 6 months ago

Baywatch.,., alright!

#30 6 months ago

#Hoffsome game!

ED0AFE31-7419-4788-B965-C05FE73B383D (resized).jpeg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 71.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 18.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 25.50
    $ 22.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 59.99
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Docquest Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside