Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200115_151149 (resized).jpg
    301-8831_8 (resized).jpg
    712wASc7PiL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    5J5A0705 (resized).JPG
    beumc404hd (resized).jpg
    56A94905-CB45-40BC-AD68-53ECA6FC7625 (resized).jpeg
    fpsb30603 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7460 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7459 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7448 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7449 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7450 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7451 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7452 (resized).JPG
    Untitled-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 5 years ago

I have a similar device, you can't stream with them and pulling files off them, at least mine, is a PIA as you have to physically connect to a PC to do it. Not ideal when you are out. My Pixel xl2 does a much better job.

Prices for these cameras are dirt cheap. They really only seem to be useful for action shooting and as alternatives to a gopro, not really for stationary pinball video.

#12 5 years ago

This is the one I have, not really happy with it. I can connect to my phone via WiFi, but it doesn’t work well. Maybe the one you show is better. I see the price on mine went up, I got it for $49.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D5RBLDQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_JgmtBbQ3PPXBN

#30 5 years ago

Try turning off your mobile data. Took me a while to figure that out. I have a different camera, but it is similar.

Also, i use the finalcam app.

#35 5 years ago

I'll be interested to see how this camera takes pinball video and the feedback on it's use. i have an Aokon, which is also 4k and I think is similar, and it's kind of glaring. It also only takes movies in .MOV format, which means I have to convert it to MP4 to get it up on youtube I believe. downloading from the camera to my phone also takes a long time and if the phone goes into sleep mode while you are doing the download, it stops and you have to start over. What I have to do is download it to my pc and then use third party software (freemake) to convert it MP4. Below is a sample of the video I took this morning.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tsORL0anlOj_zp5ID2W7A6zc331vJXXA

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I didn't realise you could record the whole pinball machine with LCD/DMD display with one overhead cam. I should have picked up the Aldi. If anyone has purchased one, I'd be keen to see a video recording of one of your machines.

I used a tripod extended to its highest level. My camera (and Vids) come with a tripod mount.

Quoted from vid1900:

The fastest transfer is to pull out the SD card, and plug that card directly into your computer.
    Same as a DSLR Camera. It takes too long to transfer a day's worth of shooting to your laptop by WiFi. Swap memory SD cards, and do a fast data dump.

Same with DSLR Cameras, they also only shoot in MOV for hi-rez video.
    Don't worry, Youtube accepts all these formats:
    .MOV
    .MPEG4
    .MP4
    .AVI
    .WMV
    .MPEGPS
    .FLV
    3GPP
    WebM
    DNxHR
    ProRes
    CineForm
    HEVC (h265)
    https://support.google.com/youtube/troubleshooter/2888402?hl=en

Thx Vid. As you can tell I am green on using it. I can’t figure out how to remove the camera glare from the leds. Any thoughts?

1 week later
    #59 5 years ago

Here’s a video I took with my Aokon camera, which is very similar to this one. I had exposure on -2/3, iso on 400, glass off with an led spotlight shining from the back. The higher the exposure, the more glaring the leds become..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4k-action-cam-gopro-70-aldi?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.