Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200115_151149 (resized).jpg
    301-8831_8 (resized).jpg
    712wASc7PiL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    5J5A0705 (resized).JPG
    beumc404hd (resized).jpg
    56A94905-CB45-40BC-AD68-53ECA6FC7625 (resized).jpeg
    fpsb30603 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7460 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7459 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7448 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7449 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7450 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7451 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7452 (resized).JPG
    Untitled-1 (resized).jpg
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

will these do 1080p/60?
    In my view you really need 60fps.

Nope. They don’t. This Is why I use c920 set at 30fps for player and dmd and use a c922 set at 720p at 60 fps. It can be used at 1080 at 60 fps but the load for my PC gets than to high and doesn’t run it (older I7, ssd, 16Gb RAM, OBS Software). And yes, try to get as much light on the playfield as possible. There is another thread on pinball streaming by the way.

See

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

will these do 1080p/60?
    In my view you really need 60fps.

Yep, they do 1080p@60, 2.7k@30 and 4k@25 fps

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinLen83:

..trying to find a way to stream live (which I don’t believe I can with this cam)

It's not up to the cam, you need a computer fast enough to process, and software to stream.

Just like when people try to stream with a high end DSLR, they often find that they don't have enough horsepower to do 4K.

You could use the camera's WiFi and the Periscope app on a high end phone and live stream, or you could use the camera's HDMI output to a desktop to stream

But remember, if your computer is a few years old and has a hard time playing back 4K MOV files, it's going to totally freeze trying to do a 4K live stream.

If you don't have enough memory and horsepower, turn the camera down to it's lowest resolution.

#54 5 years ago

And if the camera has an hdmi out you’ll need a capture device to use for streaming. I suggest the elgato cam link.

#55 5 years ago

eBay $65.00 free shipping!
    Thanks vid

#56 5 years ago

If you guys want to go ass-crazy with the sound, this USB recording interface will let you mic the player, the upper speakers (both if in stereo) and the lower speaker.

By recording up to 4 tracks separately, you can adjust each track's volume to get the most realistic audio.

You could edit out a player cursing, or bring up his voice if he is explaining a strategy.....

On sale for $69 with code = SUMMERHEAT

https://www.adorama.com/beumc404hd.html

beumc404hd (resized).jpgbeumc404hd (resized).jpg
    #57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rensh:

Nope. They don’t. This Is why I use c920 set at 30fps for player and dmd and use a c922 set at 720p at 60 fps. It can be used at 1080 at 60 fps but the load for my PC gets than to high and doesn’t run it (older I7, ssd, 16Gb RAM, OBS Software). And yes, try to get as much light on the playfield as possible. There is another thread on pinball streaming by the way.
    See

https://www.youtube.com/neilmcrae1/

#58 5 years ago

4k streaming is pointless.

#59 5 years ago

Here’s a video I took with my Aokon camera, which is very similar to this one. I had exposure on -2/3, iso on 400, glass off with an led spotlight shining from the back. The higher the exposure, the more glaring the leds become..

#60 5 years ago

looks good!

1 week later
    #61 5 years ago

I saw this thread a couple weeks back and thought "I need one of those. . . " and then the distractions of life took over and I forgot about the camera. Stopped in Aldi's today with the Mrs. for a shopping day and found several still on the shelf. . . marked down to $50.
    Looking forward to recording some pinball, using it as a dashcam, and maybe even taking on a vacation at some point in the future. It will not replace my Canon 5D but should be fun/easier for quick and easy videos.

Thanks Vid!

5J5A0705 (resized).JPG5J5A0705 (resized).JPG

#62 5 years ago

Here is my 1st video using it..
    Yes I know, colors are off and too much blooming of lights, but this was camera on 1080p 60FPS and default settings in a dim room. More light helps, but I like the blooming. Any suggestions appreciated!

Added over 6 years ago:

Video was cut @ 1:53 to shorten. It's not the pin malfunctioning.

1 week later
    #63 5 years ago

For the people that own these: 1) does it send live video out of the micro-hdmi? and 2) can you charge it while it is in use?

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

1) does it send live video out of the micro-hdmi?

Yes, people use it as a webcam

Quoted from Spraynard:

2) can you charge it while it is in use?

Yes, it just charges from the USB connector.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Here is my 1st video using it..
    Yes I know, colors are off and too much blooming of lights, but this was camera on 1080p 60FPS and default settings in a dim room. More light helps, but I like the blooming. Any suggestions appreciated!

Added yesterday: Video was cut @ 1:53 to shorten. It's not the pin malfunctioning.

Now, how in the hell do you have that camera mounted that allows you to move it forwards and backwards and remain rock solid?

#66 5 years ago

I bought a cheap mike stand/boom and a adapter that attaches to the camera mount shown here.

https://www.amazon.com/iShot-Pro-Microphone-Converter-Recorder/dp/B005EMXAB0/ref=sr_1_14

The only thing is that you have to play pinball with a mic stand in front of you and not bump into it while playing. Kind of uncomfortable, but doable.

712wASc7PiL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg712wASc7PiL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    5 months later
    #67 5 years ago

Looks like Menards has a similar (same?) camera for $17 right now :

https://www.menards.com/main/electrical/home-electronics/small-electronics/4k-wifi-action-camera/170721-ag-sc25/p-1526538562352-c-6299.htm?searchTermToProduct=3018831

Even if it's not as good as the Aldi, you could use it as the backbox camera, and keep the good one for the playfield.

301-8831_8 (resized).jpg301-8831_8 (resized).jpg
    11 months later
    #68 4 years ago

I don't know if this is still a cool deal, but I'm at Aldi now and these are $48.98 on clearance.

20200115_151149 (resized).jpg20200115_151149 (resized).jpg
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4k-action-cam-gopro-70-aldi/page/2?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.