Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by kashif333
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00090 (resized).JPG
    Pradachest rub (resized).jpg
    Amug1 (resized).jpeg
    FB46E8FE-5FA6-4FE1-9FE5-2BC46CEA12B2 (resized).jpeg
    rsarcade (resized).JPG
    rs602hennepin (resized).jpg
    shootingrange (resized).jpg
    ssb3 (resized).jpg
    ss73 (resized).jpg
    There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Today at 3pm will mark the 47th anniversary of SS Billiards. We opened for the first time for us then. What a ride it has been. Air hockey craze. Foosball fad. Small video game fad. The video game fad. And through it all pinball. In addition to the business I've spent over 23 years on line and in here helping people with their pinball machines. Over 50,000 posts on Rec Games Pinball. Over 33,000 posts on Pinside. I also do tech support for Jersey Jack Pinball and Planetary Pinball Supply/Chicago Gaming. Too much to cover it all. I want to thank all who made this wonderful journey possible. Without you it couldn't have happened. And only 1,096 days to the 50th anniversary party. See you then. LTG : )

ss73 (resized).jpgss73 (resized).jpgssb3 (resized).jpgssb3 (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

Congratulations Lloyd! That’s quite an accomplishment. All the ups and downs in pinball that you’ve seen while there.

#3 4 years ago

Amazing! I honestly did not know you had been at this for this long.

Looking forward to seeing you helping us boobs out for another few decades!

Heck now that I think about it I used some of your sling taming advice from the jjp potc thread literally last weekend.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

#4 4 years ago

Well done

#5 4 years ago

Congratulations! That's awesome as so many arcades have come and gone. 47 years is really impressive.

Here's to 50 - right around the corner

#6 4 years ago

OUTSTANDING!
    Keep riding that bull LTG!

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I honestly did not know you had been at this for this long.

Born into coin op. Earliest memory being about 5 years old standing on a stool scrubbing playfields with comet cleanser. ( we know better now ).

LTG : )

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Born into coin op.

My Father had a street route until he bought the Rifle Sport arcade at 812 Hennepin ave ( 1961ish to 1970 ) and moved it to 602 Hennepin Ave upstairs ( 1970 until 1981 ), both in Minneapolis. A picture of both and me fixing a gun at the shooting range at the Minnesota State Fair, he ran that for Lieberman music company. I was about 14 in that picture.

rs602hennepin (resized).jpgrs602hennepin (resized).jpgrsarcade (resized).JPGrsarcade (resized).JPGshootingrange (resized).jpgshootingrange (resized).jpg
    #9 4 years ago

Congratulations Lloyd. Outstanding achievement. Love the old photos, keep posting them!

#10 4 years ago

Congratulations Lloyd really enjoy your post here.

#11 4 years ago

Congratulations Lloyd! Strong work!

#12 4 years ago

Lloyd The Great indeed. Congrats!

#14 4 years ago

Congrats Llyod, that's awesome!

#15 4 years ago

Congratulations Lloyd! Your positive attitude and constant willingness to assist never fails to impress me. Please carry on!

#16 4 years ago

Congratulations on the many years of support you have provided.

I’d just like to take a second to appreciate the “classic photoshop skills” used in this old photo. (They just don’t do it like that anymore)

FB46E8FE-5FA6-4FE1-9FE5-2BC46CEA12B2 (resized).jpegFB46E8FE-5FA6-4FE1-9FE5-2BC46CEA12B2 (resized).jpeg
    #17 4 years ago

Llyod, absolutely amazing! I've been in business myself since late 2002 so I'm coming up on 17 years. I have city license receipts from the city of Pittsburgh from that year. Crazy. You have almost tripled me! What a great accomplishment. Congratulations and hope for many more years!

#18 4 years ago

Congrats Lloyd, you are a tremendous asset to this hobby!

#19 4 years ago

Congrats Lloyd!
    You have been a huge help and even to me when I had a problem you replied in what seems like seconds (and yes it fixed the issue).
    I travel a lot for business and have been waiting for my travels to take me by your place. Soon I hope.

#20 4 years ago

You are an asset to pinball! Life time achievement award to you sir!

#21 4 years ago

Very cool, you should be proud!!

#22 4 years ago

My most heartfelt congratulations!!! Thanks for doing what you do. Everyone in the hobby appreciates it, most especially those of us in the Twin Cities.

#23 4 years ago

Congratulations Lloyd and Prada!!!

#24 4 years ago

That is truly an amazing run for any business but especially for one that specializes in coin-op, you've seen some serious changes in the markets for certain but managed to weather them! Thanks for all the years of support, advice and suggestions you've provided, they have helped countless people both old and new to the hobby and I'm certainly one of them. I need to come up with a work trip to Minneapolis to I can visit your place and hopefully meet you in person. Here's to many more!!

#25 4 years ago

I too came to pinside purely for help with my first pinball, and lloyd was the first to respond. now I have 20 machines and donate regularly to this website. Thank you Lloyd for everything.

#26 4 years ago

Congratulations Lloyd! Thanks for all you do for the Pinball community. I'd love to see some more of those vintage pics if you have any.

I remember back before digital cameras and iphones, we weren't so diligent in documenting every nuance of our daily life. Pictures cost good money to get developed and flash bulbs were expensive too.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from GSones:

I'd love to see some more of those vintage pics if you have any.

Not many available. I always keep an eye on Ebay and history websites.

You think the stuff will be there forever, and it doesn't last.

When we bought this the average life of a game room was a year and a half to two years. The man that started it was going to sell it or close it at the end of his two year lease. I never dreamed of being here that long back then, or I would have taken more pictures.

#28 4 years ago

Congrats to you Lloyd! Thanks for taking time to answer my questions, and all that you do for this community/hobby. Wishing you continued success moving forward..

#29 4 years ago

Back when I was a young teen just getting into pinball, I always looked forward to your counsel on RGP all those years ago.

Now that I’m older, I STILL look forward to your thoughtful posts.

All this is made even better now knowing a bit of your history. Thanks for everything, Lloyd!

#30 4 years ago

Congrats! Routing pins has been the most fulfilling part of this hobby for me. I love seeing people enjoying my games.

#31 4 years ago

Thank you for your continuing effort in the pinball community!!

#32 4 years ago

Great asset to pinball and more so a Great Person! The hobby and all those you have helped throughout the years are grateful and honored to call you friend. Odd coincidence as I am doing a trade show in St Paul all next week and planning to stop by to see a not so old friend. The Golden Goose of Pinball! Congrats to you Mr LTG!!

#33 4 years ago

You've helped me more than once over the last 20 years. I still remember so many threads on RGP speculating what LTG stood for! My favorite was "Learn to Google".

Oh, and more nostalgia pics plez!

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Today at 3pm will mark the 47th anniversary of SS Billiards.

What a relief! The title of the thread got me thinking you had hung onto the same wife for that long.

Congrats!

#35 4 years ago

Awesome, congrats! Thank you for all your pinball knowledge!

#36 4 years ago

Very cool!

#37 4 years ago

Congratulations! Based on NZ time only 1,095 days to the 50th anniversary party .

#38 4 years ago

Congratulations Lloyd! Now that's dedication, loyalty, and persistence (maybe a little stubbornness and strong arming ) to your business goals. The bigger question is ... how old is the duck now?

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

The bigger question is ... how old is the duck now?

The Goose is about 19 years old.

The winter of 2000-2001, there was one of many threads on Rec Games Pinball with people asking what LTG means. This came up many times, and had many responses.

During this time I had some older guys shooting pool. No idea what was going on. But one of them screamed "Let loose the ducks". At the same moment on one of those threads on RGP David Gersic posted " It stands for Launch Those Geese !". I thought to myself, "hey, that's not bad".

Shortly after on March 2nd 2001, my first pinball event here was the Launch Those Geese pinball party. The rest is Goose history.

Amug1 (resized).jpegAmug1 (resized).jpeg
    #40 4 years ago

Congrats! And thank you !

Whenever I make it up to Minnesota , I'll be sure to make a trip to your location!

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from GSones:

I remember back before digital cameras and iphones, we weren't so diligent in documenting every nuance of our daily life.

A lesson for people to take pictures. Things don't last forever. And with cell phones and digital cameras, today it is so easy.

Things I should have taken pictures of. Twice a year stand in middle of business and take pictures front and rear to see the changes. Inside my Father's two arcades. The shooting range I painted there and at the state fair ( was once the largest truck mounted mobile shooting gallery ). Even games. As a test operator for 19 years. Every new game I should have taken a picture of front, side, inside. Many games I had were one of a kind due to changes in production, or odd balls. Dedicated Donkey Kong 3 ( each distributor got one to sell the kits ) Pacman Jr. in Mappy cabinet. Sit Down Space Harrier in a Devious cabinet. Blasteroids serial number UR00001. Games from Tokyo before production games made in USA. Even board changes. These would be a gold mine of information now.

Take those pictures people. You'll be glad you did.

#42 4 years ago

thanks so much for all you do LTG!

Congrats on the milestone!

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The Goose is about 19 years old.
    The winter of 2000-2001, there was one of many threads on Rec Games Pinball with people asking what LTG means. This came up many times, and had many responses.
    During this time I had some older guys shooting pool. No idea what was going on. But one of them screamed "Let loose the ducks". At the same moment on one of those threads on RGP David Gersic posted " It stands for Launch Those Geese !". I thought to myself, "hey, that's not bad".
    Shortly after on March 2nd 2001, my first pinball event here was the Launch Those Geese pinball party. The rest is Goose history.
    LTG : )[quoted image]

Great story that only "launches" more questions!!!!

I was satisfied then that I would never know the true story and now I'm happy to just have another clue! All the best Lloyd!

#44 4 years ago

Congratulations Lloyd, still hoping to visit you one of these days.
    Thank you for all of your help and advice over the past few years.
    Jim

#45 4 years ago

Congratulations! No mean feat - thanks for all your positive, informative posts - here and on RGP.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Great story that only "launches" more questions!!!!

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/lloyd50k.html Scroll most of the way down for more answers.

#47 4 years ago

Congratulations Lloyd!

#48 4 years ago

Congrats Lloyd and thanks for all you do!

#49 4 years ago

Congrats Lloyd! The pinball community will always be in your debt.

#50 4 years ago

Congrats Lloyd!!! Been too long since I've been there, but I don't get to MN to often....

Keep Launching Those Geese....and we need to start a Pinball Hall Of Fame campaign for you!!!

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/47th-anniversary and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.