(Topic ID: 325882)

455 Bulbs ???

By moonrakercat

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FF55DEDD-1674-4544-9730-11DFB7015F6F (resized).jpeg
    Pinball Life shipping (resized).png
    ge bulbs (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 1 year ago

I have 90+ of the 455 bulbs made years ago by a company called Micro Lamps Inc. As far as I am concerned these are not as good as the old GE or Westinghouse bulbs but they are 10 times better than the Made in China stuff most people are selling today.

These were made it Taiwan (likely in the 1970's or 1980's) and I have been using them for years and have always had pretty good luck with them.

I don't have a need for these so if you (or anyone else) is interested I would take $80 (plus shipping) for the lot of them.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Pinball Life will have #455 incandescent lamps for $5.95 per box of 10 in about a week.
    Terry.

Terry, I am sure that is great news for some people but sadly the new 455 bulbs just are not the same as the vintage 455 bulbs. As long as people "adjust" their expectations all is good but the "Made in China" 455's just don't last or work as well as earlier bulbs from my experience with them.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

GE is never going to make them again. I can't reclaim a past that is that far gone.
    It took over a year to convince ANY factory to make them. The few that agreed sent us anywhere from bad product (early burnout, iffy blinking) to literally no blinking at all.
    Finally we did get the factory that formerly supplied Eiko to make one last run of them. We sold these (Eiko) bulbs for almost 20 years with no direct complaints to us. I can not speak to the GE #455 lamps. They had stopped producing them by the time we entered the scene. I'm sure they were great, but that avenue of production has long been closed.

Terry,

Doing what you guys do is great and I am not trying to take anything away from that but sadly new production today just isn't the same as things were years ago. Even the "good old used bulbs" are not going to last forever so it is super important for someone to step up and do something to ensure a supply of something that will work and your price on these is great but my point is they just are not the same as the good old bulbs from years ago.

What frustrates me is you can't buy a decent new bulb today at any price. A couple years ago I got fed up with the 4' fluorescent lights in our shop area so I decided to change over to LED shop lights. Less than a year later every new LED shop light I put up was dead. Fast forward a few months and I decided to just replace the old 4' Fluorescent lights in our basement gameroom with all new fluorescent bulbs instead of changing over to LED's (because of my bad experience with the LED's) and out of two cases of bulbs I had two bad brand new bulbs & 4 other bulbs failed within a month. So after paying nearly $100 for twenty new fluorescent bulbs two months ago I have to now replace 1/3rd of them. I don't mind paying for new products but it just gets old when everything you buy these days it total junk!

Anyway THANKS for stepping up and getting these made. They should sell well for you because they are really getting hard to source! But regardless of what anyone does these will never be as good as they made years ago - just like everything else these days and that is kind of sad.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Our shipment of #455 lamps has come in.
    I would assume they are never going to be up to OG GE #455's standard, but they blink and we have them in stock - https://www.pinballlife.com/455-bulbs-box-of-10.html
    Terry.

Terry,

With your reasonable price point I am sure these will be a big hit. THANKS AGAIN for "stepping up" and putting in the work to get reasonably priced 455's back on the market. Without guys like you stuff would just keep getting more expensive and harder & harder to source.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/455-bulbs-?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.