(Topic ID: 325882)

455 Bulbs ???

By moonrakercat

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FF55DEDD-1674-4544-9730-11DFB7015F6F (resized).jpeg
    Pinball Life shipping (resized).png
    ge bulbs (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pete_d.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

If you read PBL's message above, they're all coming from the same factory. This 'memotronics' isn't the ones actally makin' them, AFAIK.

Yeah, but they're also not charging $18 for something that could easily be shipped USPS.

Memotronics is $2/box more than PBL, but with a $12 differential in shipping, you'd have to get 60 bulbs (6 boxes) just to break even ordering from PBL instead of Memotronics.

I don't have anything against PBL, they're a reputable dealer of course. But it's annoying that their shipping costs are so high, and I'm happy to reward other companies who still have a slow and cheap option available for when I don't have enough stuff to buy to hide the high shipping cost from the cost-conscious part of my brain.

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Shipping was $4.88 they’ll be here in 3 days

Pinball Life shippingPinball Life shipping

Not seeing a $4.88 option anywhere there.

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

I didn’t realize this was going to be a controversial post

No controversy. I wasn't doubting you got the shipping you did. Just pointing out that whatever option you used, is not available to all customers. For whatever reason.

I'm happy for you that you can get reasonable shipping. Your experience doesn't change that of those of us who can't.

#64 1 year ago

Ah. Your original post, which appeared to respond to mine complaining about PBL's shipping, appeared to be intended to refute my complaint. Looks like I misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification.

I guess I could've looked more closely at your screenshot, but by then my brain already was fixed in the idea that you'd ordered from PBL. Sorry about that.

#76 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Didn't say ANYTHING in my post about shipping.

I didn't say you did. I was just pointing out that there's a material difference between PBL and the Memotronics site, making it worth getting it there, even if they do all come from the same factory.

Quoted from Coyote:

Claiming "these are 'memotronics' new bulbs" is rather misleading.

Implying that I made that claim, or that I made any sort of claim that you said anything about shipping is also misleading. I did neither.

Maybe don't walk around with that big chip on your shoulder. It's making you read things that aren't there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pete_d.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/455-bulbs-?tu=pete_d and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.