(Topic ID: 53429)

$4000 Plans, Advice?

By ink_blot

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

33bc94e1d35ae10750ed30a4b075eef8.jpg
    Cleaned-up-2.jpg
    There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

Hey,

As an aside, you can override the animations in TSPP by hitting both flippers at once. That mitigates the stop and go of the Otto loops/TV mode start/couch animations. Just something to consider.

Luke

#52 10 years ago

After A LOT of thought, I've narrowed things down significantly. The list has been whittled down to only two options: White Water and Road Show. I like how either option gives me a nice modding budget and even a little left over that way I can really make the machine mine. I may make a separate thread to just compare the two machines and then make my final decision after reading some more opinions on the two.

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from ink_blot:

After A LOT of thought, I've narrowed things down significantly. The list has been whittled down to only two options: White Water and Road Show. I like how either option gives me a nice modding budget and even a little left over that way I can really make the machine mine. I may make a separate thread to just compare the two machines and then make my final decision after reading some more opinions on the two.

I currently have both and can not say anything negative about either game. RS is a WAY undervalued pin and has a lot to do on the PF. Its a simple and flat out fun game. Wh20 is a stunning game with clear ramps and with a few blue LEDs in key spots. Its also a fun game and vacation jackpot is an awesome thing to hit if your have never done it before ( you will think your game died ).

#54 10 years ago

RS - which I own - has one flaw: it is HEAVY. Really. If you have stairs to climb or wish to move it within your house, you will hate it. That's the one pin I will never bring to Pin festivals...

#55 10 years ago

My top 4 under $4k:

4. NGG

3. CFTBL

2. Shadow

1. TSPP

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from ink_blot:

I have no issue with difficult games. In fact I'd like something with that level of ass-kicking difficulty that gives it that "just one more game!" quality.

No doubt, you want BSD if you like difficulty, but you can go TZ as it is deeper and just a design an engineering marvel. Both are complete keepers for me.
    Creech is a great game, but not nearly as deep as TZ or difficult as BSD(or maddening sometimes).
    If you like the theme LOTR is just great to have in your collection. Long ball times must be considered or ramp her up.
    AF would be a nice call as well. There is a reason they sold over 20,000 and over 14,000 TZ's...

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from ink_blot:

Just saw your recent post. Given these two I would go Whitewater. It is deep, fun, and a keeper...keep in mind RS has country music and a construction theme. I've owned both...

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4000-plans/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.