• Latest reply 9 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SpaceStation.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Seller claims fully working, with weak flippers and one display that sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

Would be my first pin. Worth it?

I'm going to check the VPin right now.

#2 9 years ago

Yes. at $400 without a doubt.

#4 9 years ago

That sounds like a very good deal, so long as the playfield hasnt too much wear id go for it, played one at a show recently and really liked it, just one of a number of very playable system 11 pins that can sometimes be had for sensible money.

#5 9 years ago

Yeah the vpin crashes after every launch. I'd have to go play it in person this weekend.

He also has a $600 centaur that "needs soundboard work." If I don't buy it I'll give you the details Sunday. I probably won't because I only have room for one and I got Predator coming, but it won't be for a while and I'd kind of like the practice on repairing.

And I've only ever soldered once, a cable back onto a NES board, but it never turned back on. The solders looked good though! I think it lost a capacitor at some point.

#6 9 years ago

That pin in nice condition is about $900.

Replace display: cheap easy.

Weak flippers: bad solder joint, Transistor going bad, short in wiring, short in coil, something on the driverboard going bad, something on the powerboard going bad

If it were me, I'd buy it at that price. First pin: u be the judge if you can fix it

#7 9 years ago

I know nothing, but am persistent as hell, if I say so myself.

Anyway, like I said, I don't have room for it so the biggest challenge will be convincing the girlfriend. This pin is definitely routed, and I've never even looked in the inside of a pin in person, so we'll see on Sunday.

P.S. The guy has pins so he obviously knows a thing or two about them, so the discount for an "easy fix" is hard to believe. Unless he just wants to get rid of em.

SpaceStation.jpg

#8 9 years ago

The 600 Centaur is a million times more interesting...

#9 9 years ago

As long as the Playfield is semi decent, get it for $400. Could even try and bargain down $50 or so.
It would be a very good first pin to have and to learn on, do some repairs, rebuilds, etc.

If you do get it, download the User/Service manual, any pinwiki System 11 guides, Clay's guide, if you can find it, and any other useful info.
Any questions or how-to, just post here.

Learn the basics, removing the glass, replacing bulbs, checking connections, using a DMM, etc.
Space Station would be a good deal and start.

#10 9 years ago

Both taken down. Probably already bought.

Thanks for the replies anyway guys.

#11 9 years ago

Crap!

#12 9 years ago

Space station would have been a great deal, green mode is awesome I just got one for $600 and its in very good shape!

#13 9 years ago

Meanwhile, I've been looking for one in Dallas and the only guy that has one wouldn't dig it out to sell it to me. You know who you are.

Not that I could fit it anywhere now, but for 400 bucks I would fold it up until I had room for it!

#14 9 years ago

Lesson learned?

You gotta have cash in Hand and act quick!

Quoted from playboywillis:

Both taken down. Probably already bought.

Did you email or call the guy???

#15 9 years ago

wait what? that centaur was only 600?

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from pdman:

Lesson learned?
You gotta have cash in Hand and act quick!

Did you email or call the guy???

No, I was going to email him when I saw they were down. It's not lesson learned. I read the boards a lot during the day and know how fast Craigslist sales go. I'm not the only one in this city on these boards or even with the basic knowledge.

It almost took an arm to get my girl to agree to the Predator table man, NIB period. I'm not gonna rock the boat for a $400 table. I live in a townhouse I BARELY have room for one table. Plus I don't even have $400 at the moment. Insurance due next month.

Basically, what I take from all this is that deals DO come around, but you need to have cash in hand and a place to put it.

Again, thanks for the replies pinside

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

wait what? that centaur was only 600?

Man I guarantee there was more than a "soundboard issue".

Look at that pic. It was sitting next to space shuttle. I've been to Myrtle Beach and never heard of an arcade let alone a nice arcade. So, I don't really know what the deal was there.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Man I guarantee there was more than a "soundboard issue".
Look at that pic. It was sitting next to Space Shuttle. I've been to Myrtle Beach and never heard of an arcade let alone a nice arcade. So, I don't really know what the deal was there.

*Edit* I think you meant Space Station....

#19 9 years ago

Man, $1000 for a Space Station and a Centaur? Where am I when these deals come up?

#20 9 years ago

There was a $500 Space Station not too long ago on my local CL. Went fast. Go for it.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside